• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New tibia flash client

CipSoft is a game developing company. Tibia is a 2D game, it has to compete with other 3D games. They are doing what they need to do to bring more people to the game they have been working on for 10 years. don't compare runescape to tibia. Runescape has the worst fucking 3d graphics I have seen in my life. I mean, even the wolf 3D game had better graphics than runescape. Tibia is a 2D game with great graphics.

I think going flash is just what tibia needs to make their game heard. Although, I do wish that they will release a standalone version of this client. It will be amazing.

So we will have to play tibia in our browsers when they switch to flash? What does that mean to OTS? :eek: Will we be able to implant smth like this?

Tibia Flash = SUX < The graphics are GOOD so this lost the Tibia sense
Tibia for down<8.7 is rox because in the updates only changes items, monsters, mount and systems

Im preffer the Classic Tibia ...

So we will have to play tibia in our browsers when they switch to flash? What does that mean to OTS? :eek: Will we be able to implant smth like this?

omfg, D:! try to read a bit more, the 'normal' tibia client will be usable, so people can choose between playing tibia with their browsers, or play tibia with the tibia client.

You boys are bad. Your bad opinions about tibia and cypsoft are because you don't play tibia, only fking off. 1- cypsoft was banishing players but unlike you they know that who play tíbia will play again,maybe in 1month or 1year but they will. 2- every one who plays tibia likes the updates maybe they do something wrong but is fine (if your'e bored play ots, war. fun. serious) and in a few time you will continuing playing again and no problem. 3- why always people miss play old tibia version'? they could play ots lol.. and why tibia updates sux, they have to progress lol we need evolution, new quests monsters funny things items...

Most of us are here because we didn't like something about RL tibia so we switched to OT's.
Now let's talk OTs - How will this change affect the development of OTs?

Does anyone have an idea? .. This kinda makes me feel some wierd shit like that we won't be able to develop OTs the same way as we do now , idk , I'm not that much into coding and shit , but could someone clear it up a bit?

Or we must wait 'til it's out to see what will really happen...

I'm moreover concerned about how it will affect the OTserv community. Do any developers have any initial ideas?

Red

Last edited:
I personally would hate to see it incorporated into open tibia permanently.

The flash client is only avaible in Website. You can still download and play same screen as now. As an tutor ingame said to me. so quit whine.

I don't see Flash Client being successful in the OpenTibia world anytime soon.
Let's just hope CipSoft continues the classic client for as long as the company exists.

i guess there will be no impact since the old client will still be in use if players wants to, also, i liked sum stuff showed on tibia flash client, but it sucks for being on web :/

also, i'm just guessing but the source code will still be wrote in C..
so there should be no diff. for otservers

looks fine imo. suits these rly colourful graphics that 8.+ brought in. ill still be playing 7.x though ^^

Do you ever read? You can still download and play the classic client as now. The only flash client you can play in-game from is on the site Tibia.com..

The flash client looks fucking amazing. And lol at the whining about the design, you can design it to look exactly like the normal client.
And the HUD is incomplete. They just made it work properly. They haven't figured what design to use yet.

I just hope it wont be web based, that you can download it and run it like the normal client. D: Else we have to make hosts modifications to connect to OT servers with the client. (thats at least the easiest way I can think of).

I also hope the performance will be better than the currently client. Even though I actually doubt that. If they would manage to increase the performance, wouldn't they tell about that by now? Its a big deal having sucky comps managing to get high fps and play tibia smoothly. My laptop runs tibia at around 40 FPS, but web based flash games lag like shit.

Also if you can use directx and opengl on flash they should get 10 or 11 on directx in hope of better fps.

I also hope the performance will be better than the currently client. Even though I actually doubt that.
flash in browsers isn't exactly the same thing as a standalone flash application when it comes to performance

flash in browsers isn't exactly the same thing as a standalone flash application when it comes to performance

Sounds like you just gave me another reason for hoping to be able to download it instead of having it web based. (like runescape)? :p
(They are using java thought, not flash). I know.

lawl, I'm in testers group ^^
flash in browser would be just a bit slower than standalone flash(I guess, depends on browser anyway)
but standalone flash isnt planned for now
just old c++ + flash

I'm in testers group as well,
The test phase doesn't start till next week.

I'll be taking some pictures of menus and examples and posting them here.

Back