• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New tibia flash client

Wraskly

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the soon to be released client?
It looks like it will be way better then what we have now..

It's horrible.
I haven't played Tibia in a year or so, though, it doesn't feel .. "Tibia-ish"

Tibia Flash?!

I understand how every game may take aspects from other games..
But Tibia, took Mounts and Cooldown system, getting the idea from other Games.
Now it seems their taking the Flash Client from Runescape to try to gain more population to their servers.

It's a desperate act. I dislike it in everyway possible.

It's ugly too, the writing looks pathetic. It's like a centimetre away from the actual creature.

-Erotic.

Now it seems their taking the Flash Client from Runescape to try to gain more population to their servers.
i agree on you with that part, but im just saying i think it looks awesome.

I still think the writing looks okay tho, I don't understand
It's ugly too, the writing looks pathetic. It's like a centimetre away from the actualy creature.

The words are too high away from stuff.

The creatures in battle list, for example. Look at it, tell me it doesn't look weird.

-Erotic.

It looks pretty nice, but you know, it's time to move on and let the past be the past.

As to anyone making the assumption "taking ideas from other games", shut the fuck up.
You say it because everyone else says it, whoever started this assumption is just downright a retarded person.

OTHER games may have similar ideas, BUT they did not invent the ideas. Every game stole the experience system from D&D, training system from Dungeon Master, using axe/club/sword/bow&arrows/armors from real life. Mounts from real life (horses and camels), achievements from Xbox360, many other things. World of Warcraft is not the inventor of a lot of ideas, most of it started from D&D. So, all you "CIP COPY FROM WOW" people can shut the fuck up and use some REAL arguments to rip on CipSoft.

@up
If you read my post, you'll understand what I said, I said that they took ideas from other games, like other games took from other games.

No need to nerdrage.

-Erotic.

Then why bring it up? Why would you say they took ideas from other games while we already know?
Are you saying it because you hate CipSoft for doing it? It's not a desperate act, it's a GOOD IDEA.

flashclientpreview_big.jpg

Looks like shiet.

Some parts look alright though

Just only wish it was a standalone client.
Adobe AIR anyone?

Then why bring it up? Why would you say they took ideas from other games while we already know?
Are you saying it because you hate CipSoft for doing it? It's not a desperate act, it's a GOOD IDEA.

I don't hate CipSoft actually..
It's their game, they can update it as they wish. If they wanted to remove every NPC, they could.

Please stop NerdRaging.

Ty.

-Erotic.

I'm not nerdraging at all, I'm just tired of people thinking they're right when it comes to making assumptions of CipSoft copying from other games and ripping on them.

What matters is how can we use this for OT, let's face it in one way or another the whole internet is domination a computer most people are making advanced gaming that can simply run on your browser, having it run on a browser helps in spreading into a bigger audience since most clients are OS dependent and can not be ran on other OS, really I can't wait to try it and see how it is!

Well the client itself doesnt look that bad IMO...
But i don't think ill test it, and i mean the developing of this client has been 3 years or something.... CipSoft always makes promises they can't hold... Am I the only one remembering the picture of a Wizard with feru hat and the ground was al foggy but where did that shit go?

Don't hope too much u'll only end up getting dissapointed.

[...] having it run on a browser helps in spreading into a bigger audience since most clients are OS dependent and can not be ran on other OS [...]
True, but the thought of the back button and browser crashes makes it less attractive.
Fortunately, it will come a stand-alone client on release:
The Flash client will be integrated into the web browser. There won't be a standalone client until its release.
In other words, when it's "completely finished". In alpha version it will only be in the browser, however the old Win/Linux client will still be available.

For more information:
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Forum

I don't hate CipSoft actually..
It's their game, they can update it as they wish. If they wanted to remove every NPC, they could.
Give me a break, you were bashing like every other half-functional monkeys.
Look at the bandwagon of RTS, FPS, MMOs and every other genre -- when was the last originality? Since Portal?
But why's that? 'Cause your brain generates something called F-U-N.

Among other things as repetitive success will always be... repetitive -- with Tibia being over 10 years old with only a peak of 60k players online it was only a matter of when.

Just saw the screen from the client, looks badass.
Too bad that im not playing tibia anymore :huh:

Now I think more players will join tibia. Cipsoft must advertise it.

Back