• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New tibia flash client

Well i dont see the meening with this thread when you still can play like now?
And stop picking on Cipsoft... They made Tibia and without them this site wouldnt be here and what would happen to our fantastic tibia scripters? xD

google.com ->video recorders ?

Just did that, all I got was stuff about this:
VideoCam-big.jpg

Batttt are you really sure they mentioned anything about browser? Coz flash games work normally without browser, it's just used so people won't have to and won't be able to download the game.

Ive heard that Flash doesn't even have a proper garbage collector haha, could be an out-dated statement though :p

Im a player from the old days (tibia 7.4) and ive stopped playing tibia, because CipSoft dont know anything about usability (GUI)... If you look at the most MMORPGs outside, they all use a GUI thats nearly similar at the basics. Okay Tibia has a TradeWindow (after 7 years) but its also shit, because its to small and not realy usefull. Show someone Tibia who has played MMORPGs before and he will leave Tibia after 1 Minute, because 90% of new players dont understand how to play it. The FlashClient is nearly the same shit like the old client... okay you can custom it and push the same old windows inside the new client whereever you wont (wooohhoooo the biggest problem tibia allways had is solved!!!). I need to say i like the look of tibia (grafics) thats the biggest point for me, but i wont play Tibia as long CipSoft doesnt understand, that Leveling isnt the main-part of such a game for everyone. Before peoples start to level and play the game they need to understand it, and it will help the new players a lot, when they find a user-interface they know from the most other MMORPGs out there.

Remember, im talking from GUI and Usability, not the "unique" game content from CipSoft...

Sometimes i think, CipSoft hopes that all the Onlinegames with 500.000 Players and more are just closing there servers and all those players from there will play Tibia because there is no other choise ^^

cya
Virgel

Ogrey said:
> Whit the new flash client i go to can continuehearing
> videos and no ahve crash or errors in the client?
>
> is compatible the flash client whit megavideo and
> youtube open at = time?

As far as I know YouTube videos are Flash-based as well, so running several Flash applications at the same time (watching videos and YouTube + playing Tibia, for example) could have an influence on the client's performance. BUT, PLEASE: wait with further performance questions until the beta test has started. Then we can discuss it further.

> What if browser suddenly does not respond?

I do not know what the reasons for that are. It happens on my pc as well from time to time. How that affects the Tibia Flash client also has to be checked out in detail during the beta test.

> can we expect a stand-alone FC sometime after
> initial release?(note: and by 'some time' I mean
> less than 3 years).

I don't know yet. I wouldn't count on that.

Ogrey

We can NOT count on a standalone Flash Client within the next 3 years. It will most likely remain web based.

Stability and performance will most likely be worse because:
1. Its web based. If web browser crash = tibia crash.
2. The flash client itself may crash or stop responding.
3. Web browsers with flash uses 32bit.
4. Web browsers usually do not support multi cores.
5. If you run youtube video or megavideo or any other flash based stuff online at the same time you will most likely suffer performance quite alot on the flash client.
This also means annoying advertisements on sites you surf who got flash animations on them.

I could write alot about the flash client, but in short: you need a really expensive comp to be able to play without lags, therefor it sux.

Lol you guys talk before you know how it is, just wait till you get a chance to experience it or get info from people who are testing it right now.....

Lol you guys talk before you know how it is, just wait till you get a chance to experience it or get info from people who are testing it right now.....

I'm a tester, what do you want to know?

I'm Xomoda (Adomox in rl Tibia), and I'm official tester with 2 of my accounts, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm writing about

I'm Xomoda (Adomox in rl Tibia), and I'm official tester with 2 of my accounts, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm writing about

What is the FPS on the flash client compared to normal client with directx9?

Back