• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[New Zealand] 6.3 Earthquake 2011

Sharp

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
12:54 pm another earthquake hit Christchurch, which was already ravaged by a 7.9? i think it was, or 7.4+ last year in september.

You can watch a livestream here.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/canterbury-earthquake-live-stream-video-4038290

Also the Christchurch Cathedral, which is around 200~ years old, has been badly damaged.

These are a few pictures:

qw620.jpg

Last edited:
nick,

Video is

Watch ONE News' live coverage of the Canterbury quake
(wmv only, NZ only)

lol, peroxide please don't die I love your mappings.

also everyone else from New Zealand, take care don't run, scream, or push :p.

@Bogart, me and peroxide, live in the north island of new zealand, christchurch is located in the South island, we can feel the earthquakes when they get big ones etc, but we don't get any damage.

Also according to some Maori Elder, he apparently had a vision where he saw Wellington (which is the city where me and peroxide live) be destroyed completely by an earthquake, and a tsunami which would reach Whangarei, which is like 11 hours away from us, so i dont know what hes smoking xD.

But Wellington is directly on a fault line, so if we get a big earthquake, it would get like assraped haha

@Bogart, me and peroxide, live in the north island of new zealand, christchurch is located in the South island, we can feel the earthquakes when they get big ones etc, but we don't get any damage.

Also according to some Maori Elder, he apparently had a vision where he saw Wellington (which is the city where me and peroxide live) be destroyed completely by an earthquake, and a tsunami which would reach Whangarei, which is like 11 hours away from us, so i dont know what hes smoking xD.

But Wellington is directly on a fault line, so if we get a big earthquake, it would get like assraped haha

hmm, well then hope that Maori Elder is lying.

but santi. This was only 5km deep.
and Christchurch had had an earthquake which would have damaged structures etc.
so it's big enough to do good damage.

4689772_600x400.jpg

[video]http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox//4688704/?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=560&width=640[/video]

@Santi, christchurch got an earthquake last year on September 4th, which was a 7.9 or 7.3, and that assraped them but no one was killed, the structures today weren't repaired fully, from the september quake, and the 6.3 would have destroyed more because of the previous september quake, not to mention that the 7.9/7.3 quakes after shocks had continued for months.

The 6.3 has already killed people. and injured alot, Christchurch ran out of ambulances to aid in medical stuff, in just under 2 hours of the quake striking.

There has been 65 confirmed dead, by around 6pm, the earthquake struck at 12:51pm GMT+13, the death toll is expected to rise.
The previous september earthquake didn't kill anyone, this earthquake was alot riskier aswell being that the public was out and busy, whereas the september quake was early in the morning around 4am. Not mid-day Cantebury like it was when this earthquake struck

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe in "visions" that's most probably paranoia created by chaos due to the happenings that occurred.
But everyone should be very careful since after shocks can happen in any locations not excluding yours so be alert for them!

and good luck!

@Shinmaru he had the so called "vision" before this quake hah ^_^, and aftershocks can last up to several months

Wikipedia | List of earthquake in New Zealand said:
Earthquakes occur regularly in New Zealand as the country forms part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, which is geologically active. About 14,000 earthquakes, most of them minor, are recorded each year.[1] About 200 of these are strong enough to be felt.[2] This affects the culture of the country, in the form of general awareness, historical events, disaster planning and building regulations.

Calling a "vision" in a place where lots of earthquake happen is hardly a "vision" but more like a shot at chance, anyways I was impressed by many things from your country, like your building regulations, over here we should adapt such regulations(even though we do not suffer from earthquake).
Anyways be vigilant to those damned After-Shock.

I live in Auckland, Very sad to have heard that there was yet another quake in ChCh :/ Love you New Zealand.

I live in Auckland, Very sad to have heard that there was yet another quake in ChCh :/ Love you New Zealand.

You're a new zealander? O_O

[video=youtube;BfcWraeZvcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcWraeZvcw&feature=player_embedded#at=251[/video]

Last edited:
Teh Maverick is at Dunedin, and comes to Wellington every so often, me and peroxide should go egg his house while hes out ;D, ahah,
@mc lovin
i never knew you were from nz o_O

Back