• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[New Zealand] 6.3 Earthquake 2011

It's almost kind of expected when you live on the Ring of Fire, but it is sad, nothing we can do about it. Los Angeles and San Francisco is expected to get some activity sometime in the next few years, we could see another 9.0~ in San Francisco :eek:.

Saddest among them all, the Christmas Day/Boxing Day Sumatra earthquake gets the honor, 230,000 dead?

Isnt teh maverick living somehere south? Don't remember now. Atleast it was somewhat south?
Yeah Teh Maverick lives in Dunedin but visits Wellington every so often. Dunedin is further south than Christchurch (the city that got hit)
So he's pretty safe there it's off the coast I guess, New Zealands fault line go's up the center of the South island and splits into two in the Cook straight (the sea between the north and south island) One part of it still continues up the middle of New Zealand though and therefore, through my town >.> I live directly on a fcking fault line...

Wellington hasnt had a major earthquake in over 100 years. so next one we get will be big i think :D

True:

Tuesday's earthquake occurred on a previously unknown fault line, and resulted from stresses in the Earth's crust resulting from the Darfield quake, which did not feel so powerful because it happened 40km west of the city and at a depth of 10km.

Seismologists had been watching the aftershocks move along that fault line closer to Christchurch, and they could see now that the result had been another area of stress under the Port Hills.

haha Wellington is gonna get fucked up by our next big earthquake.
The longer we don't have one tends to make it more powerful.

Back