• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Newbie Mapper !

nusret48

Reaction score
Hello Guys !
I am started to mapping with R.M.E one week ago , I've done this , Just wanna know what you guys think about this , What should i add/remove to make it better ! (Going to use it as a first item/starter place)

9cdc57b0609f7f6dbec20c2cd5946f0f.png

f9ed337a54c2248432e1ceb0d76cf8aa.png

Edit : Sorry for bad english , living in turkey/learning english at scool&tibia.

Thanks bro ! I'm going to share more soon , if you can check it too i'll be very happy :)

This is a great piece of map for u starting if you add some houses with npcs and caves and places to level this can be use to get from this to main island where it even more custom. I pretty sure if u make a custom map after u make a beginner island someone will sure steal you in seconds to try to get ahold of this excellent customize unique map with a person that got intelligence. if i knew u where u live i would kidnap u and make u work for me.

(jk on kidnap)

This is a great piece of map for u starting if you add some houses with npcs and caves and places to level this can be use to get from this to main island where it even more custom. I pretty sure if u make a custom map after u make a beginner island someone will sure steal you in seconds to try to get ahold of this excellent customize unique map with a person that got intelligence. if i knew u where u live i would kidnap u and make u work for me.

(jk on kidnap)
First of all , thanks for the good things that you said for me (also im working on my custom map too :p) but i hate you because you want to kidnap me and make me work for you :(

First of all , thanks for the good things that you said for me (also im working on my custom map too :p) but i hate you because you want to kidnap me and make me work for you :(

lol it still make u feel good to move on to a new piece of map though.

This actually looks good, and is better than even what some "experienced" mappers have shown.

Looks very good for a starter.. I see you used raw on the water borders, one thing i didnt like is the shape of the grass, looks like u used autoborder there, nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion raw bordering looks alot better. A good tip is to mix the thick and thin grassborders with eachother, place for example two thick borders and then continue with thin. Gives varietie, which are realistic.

other things you can add are moss spots on the mountain ground and add some grey gravel with it, not much but just abit. NB: do not get gravel mixed up on grass and mountain ground, would just look like u were in a hurry.

for your next piece you should try mix up some borders :) Maybe try make a detailed road:)

i dont think you will have a problem mapping great pieces if you continue like this :)

This actually looks good, and is better than even what some "experienced" mappers have shown.
Nice to hear that ! I'm trying to map 'anything' in my spare time for improve my mapping skills !
Not bad at all. Maybe add chests ;)
I thought about it too but , it will make it look worse than this i think , but thanks anyway !

Looks very good for a starter.. I see you used raw on the water borders, one thing i didnt like is the shape of the grass, looks like u used autoborder there, nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion raw bordering looks alot better. A good tip is to mix the thick and thin grassborders with eachother, place for example two thick borders and then continue with thin. Gives varietie, which are realistic.

other things you can add are moss spots on the mountain ground and add some grey gravel with it, not much but just abit. NB: do not get gravel mixed up on grass and mountain ground, would just look like u were in a hurry.

for your next piece you should try mix up some borders :) Maybe try make a detailed road:)

i dont think you will have a problem mapping great pieces if you continue like this :)
Yeah bro , you are right i used autoborder on the grass , but going to try raw bordering next time ,also going to try that mix thing too :) Thanks for this very nice ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
For being a "newbie" mapper, this looks really good.

A tip is just for you to watch more experienced mappers threads and get some inspiration from them and you'll develope really fast.

Goodluck!

Back