• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

No grind only play

Well back in 7.4, I had a friend who reached lvl 100 and skills around 85+ without even training not even once. I don't know who setted the "grinding" as a rule to play this game, but for sure nobody forces you to play it that way. But I think you have a point there tho, It's pointless to force someone to grind in order to get something, it should just be more like a casual result (i.e very rare drops) instead of grinding 500 or 1k pieces of something to forge a MPA.
You can never skill and just exp too, but I found it pretty frustrating especially on lower levels, having decent skills from the start felt good and made quite a difference in damage. At your friend's level my EK had its skills at 100+ IIRC, a pretty big advantage I gained through pure mind numbing grind, even though we're the same level

You can never skill and just exp too, but I found it pretty frustrating especially on lower levels, having decent skills from the start felt good and made quite a difference in damage. At your friend's level my EK had its skills at 100+ IIRC, a pretty big advantage I gained through pure mind numbing grind, even though we're the same level
That's true, but it is only frustrating if you have other aspirations and it's a big advantage if what you're planning to do requires that much skill (i.e grinding dwarf guards requires 85/85, etc).

It's also an advantage if PvP go down and your opp start hitting like a truck slap you around like some bitch. n00b should've clicked slimes for 1200 hours

it is only frustrating if you have other aspirations
Yeah but there's no other way of achieving them except making the numbers higher. I like the system of getting better at something the more you do it but I'm not sure I event want realism anyways and it's not like slowly torturing and murdering thousands of little creatures with a blunt butter knife like some psycho is the pinnacle of immersion.

Imagine being me, a hedonistic ADHD squirrel on crack that wants to explore ALL the map and play around with ALL the cool shit but has exactly ZERO patience for "boring" or "lots of work" like nada. I want to kill dwarf guards RIGHT NOW it will make good chemicals in my brain, no I will not click slime, give me other ways. Guards hit hard with melee and are weak to death and fire, well then:
  • let me enchant my weapon with fire and if I enchant something it's supposed to become stronger not convert its damage to a different element
  • give me real stacking death DoT not that useless "poison of 1 dmg per hour"
  • let me buy physical resistance potions, btw no I don't want to grind 3 hours to be able buy 1
  • let me find or drop some decent weapon/eq when I need it, not 50 levels later as junk to sell, I swear in this game you never loot shit that you'd need yourself really

First solution that comes to mind is just an NPC that will increase your skills if you have enough cash and experience similar to Dark Souls, the next is skill books that you can find or loot that give you +X% damage permanently or unlock exori gran for example, the other is attributes and giving player points per level to distribute.

If I made a server, assuming version 7.4 - 7.6, I would redefine and make the vocations more fun to play.

For example; I would remove all healing spells from Knights. Instead, they will gain the ability to equip 2x 1-handed weapons (double attack speed) or going 1x two-handed weapon that never misses or can critically strike. Play around in order to make the Knights more fun to play.

Knight using shields would get some reflecting damage spell; x % dmg done will be reflected back to the attacker.

All rings would give +10 in skills so people actually use them. Power RIng would offer distance fighting instead of melee.

below was supposed to be an edit
Post automatically merged:

If I made a server, assuming version 7.4 - 7.6, I would redefine and make the vocations more fun to play.

For example; I would remove all healing spells from Knights. Instead, they will gain the ability to equip 2x 1-handed weapons (double attack speed) or going 1x two-handed weapon that never misses or can critically strike. Play around in order to make the Knights more fun to play.

Knight using shields would get some reflecting damage spell; x % dmg done will be reflected back to the attackers.

All rings would give +10 in skills so people actually use them. Power RIng would offer distance fighting instead of melee.

Last edited:
That's what I am doing in my server :) Knights do have SKILLS, but not SPELLS.

Make a level cap at 100 for the non grinders. If people want to grind beyond 100 they will be send to a new world. (sort of like rookgard to main and then main to another main)

I didnt read the whole thread, sorry, but I did see mining/crafting being mentioned. Bots are going to mine/craft as well, and do you think that playing 1 hour a day, let's say getting 5 pieces of iron and crafting a sword will get you the same accomplishment level because you didnt spend the same hour in a dungeon?
Having less time to play will always make you achieve less with stuff related to make yourself. But you can be a merchant, thats the only thing I see working but the capital to begin your busbiness probably wouldnt come from your grinding...

Still, grinding is not a rule, it's just a way you choose to play the game. I met a lot of friends back in time who only liked to manasit at houses, do social things, group quests services, etc.

Anyway, even if your objetive is to get that item, that's something that (again) YOU are looking for and nobody is pushing you to get into it, it's just one more aspect of the game that you can entirely avoid.

Yes, you can fully avoid grinding when talking about MMO's, paradoxically grinding ends up doing it way more boring. WOW i.e had you doing quests all the time in order to gain experience and advance in levels, and it turned into a less boring experience when playing for first time and you could, anyway, hunt mobs and gain exp but it was a very slow grinding path. Tibia in the other hand pushed you to get experience solely from monsters (except PVP-ENF), but still you can just avoid it and hunt casual. Even a game like Habbo Hotel have lasted for so many years, and let's say, you dont grind anything there.
I agree with this. Grinding should also be an option. Thats why I have fun in global tibia hunting 1h/day then spend the rest of the day making runes and going through market looking for profit oportunities, while people are out there having the time of their lives farming daily bosses.

I have never played tibia without including pvp, how does that work? will the community be large enough? The ots I play are usually up for max a month, some big wars and people retire - then the playerbase just slowly decays.

I have never played tibia without including pvp, how does that work? will the community be large enough? The ots I play are usually up for max a month, some big wars and people retire - then the playerbase just slowly decays.
Well, maybe you should look for more interesting otservers to play, then...

Well, maybe you should look for more interesting otservers to play, then...
Personally I prefer it that way since I can't put much time into it, if I had the time I would definetly play something with lower rates.

Back