• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Normal server (crashed) became test server. Critical problem!

bury

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everobody!

This morning i was managing my server when I realized i had 3 people online, empty houses and old things on the depot. I went to putty and saw the screen of the normal server had dissapeared but if you try to login to my normal ip, you enter to the test server lol, thats why everything was emtpy.

I tried to put the normal server on by doing a new screen and had this error:

errorstart.jpg

And automatically screen was detached when it appeared. I had to close my test server and re-open the normal one that, i dont know why, it crashed somehow.

I have both servers on the same dedicated server, the main ip has the normal server, and the test server (and other servers) are on other ips called failover. I just started the test server that is on the same port but on a different ip so I dont know how this could happen. I'm sure that server didnt crash and somehow the testserver became the normal one, dont know how....

For websites I just did virtual domains. If you introduce the failover ip on the browser you'll see your main content, but changing some filezilla files you can redirect it to another folder (index). You can do virtual domain with only 1 ip, but for having multiple servers and enter them with different ips, I needed the failovers.

I'm using TFS 0.4 and debian os

Back