• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Novia's OT Serv (Official Mapping Thread) [8.54]

@Rik123
What do you think of this?

33m21iw.png

4zz4fq.png

you need inspiriation
True but can't really find that much snow/ice related maps

U ltiterally changed a shard and added a few snow flakes and some floor that's barely visible xD
And floor below was just testing something because i hate to have these too big open spaces and there ain't too much to fill it with in ice theme.

more detailing would be nice. Also, check out the "how to take ingame screenshots properly" thread.
Still working on the detailing but if you have some ideas or examples that would be great.
Secondly I checked out that post before and I know I'm stretching my screen but without it the quality just bothers me too hard.

Also tried something "new" in the frost dragon cave.
2uzw94i.png

What do you think?

The Frost dragon cave so far.
2czey4j.png

Any remarks? Dislikes? Ideas? Suggestions?
Need more inspiration to complete the road towards the frost dragon island.

Found some free time to map :)
2jb7435.png

Still need todo some more details but gonna need some more inspiration for that first.

It's getting better! One thing that could add variation would be to add grounds other than snow & ice. You could try to get some patches of stone/dirt in there, as well as mixing up the mountain type.

In terms of other details, geysers might fit the area? Oh, and stones! I can't spot a single stone anywhere. Be reserved with the stone usage though, as their dark color creates a rather sharp contrast against the light snow/ice.

It's getting better! One thing that could add variation would be to add grounds other than snow & ice. You could try to get some patches of stone/dirt in there, as well as mixing up the mountain type.

In terms of other details, geysers might fit the area? Oh, and stones! I can't spot a single stone anywhere. Be reserved with the stone usage though, as their dark color creates a rather sharp contrast against the light snow/ice.

Stones is a good idea but like you said I'd rather be carefull with using them to much but sure I can up it a notch since I only put one in so far :D
About dirt I'm not really sure if that would be the way to go but I'll keep it in mind as a backup option.

About the walls and the floor I'm planning to combinate the snow/ice with mountain more in the north since it will be a bit warmer there on the way to reach the frost dragon island which will be a full combination of snow and mountain.

About the geysers, it's a good idea but should I place them all over or more near the area where it's getting warmer or rather in the coldest areas?

And btw thx for ur feedback :)

Added some more pictures :)

Not all of them are allready finalized with detailing yet. But thats a job I'm keeping for when I have some more experience in it.
Also ignore the green characters they are npc's that still need to get their new set of cloths :p

Added about 100 pictures on page 2 :)
Let me know what you think and what I should edit.

Last edited:
Back