• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Looking DIr

alashrad

Reaction score
Well, my question is very simple: Where on earth is the lookdir tag on NPCs?
I can't seem to make my (non-moving) NPCs look anywhere but north on server start, which kinda breaks the RPG feel of an RPG server :huh:

And... still on the same topic, is there a way to change NPCs viewing direction on his script? Let me explain, if you say "bye" to him, he will turn west, or something like that. Maybe a setCreatureLookDir, I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Anyone? :(

Oh, and I suppose I should say that I'm using the newest TFS server, cuz I remember using that tag in the "npcfile".xml (or something like that), but on older distributions.

Isnt there already setCreatureLookDir(cid, dir) function?
There should be, or something similiar, check at TFS functions list and use it, after greeting or w/e, setCreatureLookDir(getNpcCid(), dir)

Isnt there already setCreatureLookDir(cid, dir) function?
There should be, or something similiar, check at TFS functions list and use it, after greeting or w/e, setCreatureLookDir(getNpcCid(), dir)

I just tested it, and it does seem to work (don't know for sure, my server is kinda bugged right now, but it doesn't show on TFS' functions list). Well, if it works, thanks. :p

So, is there a way to put that function on each NPC's script so that they show up on server start facing a direction ~= north?

Back