• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Npcs like real tibia

nanhuto

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I've been working on a 7.6 global server and i've found myself with one problem only. Let's get NPC rata'mari, for example. He must say things only if the player say PIEDPIPER. But if the player say hi, he would say the normal greetings of npcHandler(). Is there any way of modifying that without having to modifying npcHandler()?

Hi, guys. I've been working on a 7.6 global server and i've found myself with one problem only. Let's get NPC rata'mari, for example. He must say things only if the player say PIEDPIPER. But if the player say hi, he would say the normal greetings of npcHandler(). Is there any way of modifying that without having to modifying npcHandler()?
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions
function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

function FocusModule:init(handler)
    FOCUS_GREETSWORDS = {'hi king', 'hello king', 'hail king', 'hail the king'}
    FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS = {'bye', 'farewell'}
        self.npcHandler = handler
        for i, word in pairs(FOCUS_GREETSWORDS) do
            local obj = {}
            table.insert(obj, word)
            obj.callback = FOCUS_GREETSWORDS.callback or FocusModule.messageMatcher
            handler.keywordHandler:addKeyword(obj, FocusModule.onGreet, {module = self})
        end

for i, word in pairs(FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS) do
            local obj = {}
            table.insert(obj, word)
            obj.callback = FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS.callback or FocusModule.messageMatcher
            handler.keywordHandler:addKeyword(obj, FocusModule.onFarewell, {module = self})
        end

return true
    end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am your sovereign, King Tibianus III, and it's my duty to provide justice and guidance for my subjects."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'justice'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I try my best to be just and fair to our citizens. The army and the TBI are a great help for fulfilling this duty."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's hard to believe that you don't know your own king!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'new'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The latest news are usually brought to our magnificent town by brave adventurers. They spread tales of their journeys at Frodo's tavern."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tibia'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Soon the whole land will be ruled by me once again!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'land'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Soon the whole land will be ruled by me once again!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'how are you'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Thank you, I'm fine."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'castle'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Rain Castle is my home."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sell'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Sell? Sell what? My kingdom isn't for sale!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'god'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Honor the gods and pay your taxes."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'zathroth'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Please ask a priest about the gods."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'citizen'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The citizens of Tibia are my subjects. Ask the old monk Quentin to learn more about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sam'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a skilled blacksmith and a loyal subject."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'frodo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is the owner of Frodo's Hut and a faithful tax-payer."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gorn'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He was once one of Tibia's greatest fighters. Now he is selling equipment."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'benjamin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He was once my greatest general. Now he is very old and senile but we entrusted him with work for the Royal Tibia Mail."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'harkath'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Harkath Bloodblade is the general of our glorious army."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bloodblade'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Harkath Bloodblade is the general of our glorious army."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'noodles'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The royal poodle Noodles is my greatest treasure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'ferumbras'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a follower of the evil god Zathroth and responsible for many attacks on us. Kill him on sight!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bozo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is my royal jester and cheers me up now and then."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'treasure'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The royal poodle Noodles is my greatest treasure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'monster'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Go and hunt them! For king and country!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Visit Quentin, the monk, for help."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'quest'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I will call for heroes as soon as the need arises again and then reward them appropriately."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'mission'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I will call for heroes as soon as the need arises again and then reward them appropriately."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gold'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'money'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sewer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "What a disgusting topic!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'dungeon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Dungeons are no places for kings."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'equipment'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Feel free to buy it in our town's fine shops."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'food'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask the royal cook for some food."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'hero'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'adventurer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'collector'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He has been lazy lately. I bet you have not payed any taxes at all."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tax'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'king'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am the king, so mind your words!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'army'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask the soldiers about that topic."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'enem'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our enemies are numerous. The evil minotaurs, Ferumbras, and the renegade city of Carlin to the north are just some of them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'north'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "They dare to reject my reign over the whole continent!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'carlin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "They dare to reject my reign over the whole continent!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'thais'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our beloved city has some fine shops, guildhouses, and a modern system of sewers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'city'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our beloved city has some fine shops, guildhouses, and a modern system of sewers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'shop'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Visit the shops of our merchants and craftsmen."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'merchant'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask around about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'craftsmen'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask around about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'guild'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The four major guilds are the knights, the paladins, the druids, and the sorcerers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'minotaur'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Vile monsters, but I must admit they are strong and sometimes even cunning ... in their own bestial way."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'paladin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The paladins are great protectors for Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'elane'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The paladins are great protectors for Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'knight'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The brave knights are necessary for human survival in Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gregor'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The brave knights are necessary for human survival in Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sorcerer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The magic of the sorcerers is a powerful tool to smite our enemies."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'muriel'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The magic of the sorcerers is a powerful tool to smite our enemies."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'druid'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need the druidic healing powers to fight evil."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'marvik'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need the druidic healing powers to fight evil."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'good'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The forces of good are hard pressed in these dark times."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'evil'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need all strength we can muster to smite evil!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'order'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need order to survive!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'chaos'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Chaos arises from selfishness, and that's its weakness."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'excalibug'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's the sword of the kings. If you could return this weapon to me I would reward you beyond your dreams."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'reward'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Well, if you want a reward, go on a quest to bring me Excalibug!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'chester'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A very competent person. A little nervous but very competent."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tbi'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "This organisation is important in holding our enemies in check. Its headquarter is located in the bastion in the northwall."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'eremo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It is said that he lives on a small island near Edron. Maybe the people there know more about him."})

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(npcHandler.focus ~= cid) then
        return false
    end

if msgcontains(msg, 'promotion') or msgcontains(msg, 'promote') then
        npcHandler:say("Do you want to be promoted in your vocation for 20000 gold?", 1)
        talk_state = 2578   

elseif talk_state == 2578 and msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
        if getPlayerVocation(cid) >= 1 and getPlayerVocation(cid) <= 4 then
            if getPlayerLevel(cid) >= 20 then
                if isPremium(cid) == true then
                    if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 20000) == true then
                    doPlayerSetVocation(cid, getPlayerVocation(cid)+4)
                    CheckPlayerBlessings(cid)
                    npcHandler:say("Congratulations! You are now promoted. Visit the sage Eremo for new spells.", 1)
                    talk_state = 0       
                    else
                    npcHandler:say("You do not have enough money.", 1)
                    talk_state = 0           
                    end
                else
                npcHandler:say("You need a premium account in order to promote.", 1)
                talk_state = 0               
                end
            else
            npcHandler:say("You need to be at least level 20 in order to be promoted.", 1)
            talk_state = 0           
            end
        else
        npcHandler:say("You are already promoted.", 1)
        talk_state = 0   
        end
    end   
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions
function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

function FocusModule:init(handler)
        self.npcHandler = handler
        for i, word in pairs(FOCUS_GREETSWORDS) do
            local obj = {}
            table.insert(obj, word)
            obj.callback = FOCUS_GREETSWORDS.callback or FocusModule.messageMatcher
            handler.keywordHandler:addKeyword(obj, FocusModule.onGreet, {module = self})
        end

for i, word in pairs(FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS) do
            local obj = {}
            table.insert(obj, word)
            obj.callback = FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS.callback or FocusModule.messageMatcher
            handler.keywordHandler:addKeyword(obj, FocusModule.onFarewell, {module = self})
        end

return true
    end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'job'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am your sovereign, King Tibianus III, and it's my duty to provide justice and guidance for my subjects."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'justice'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I try my best to be just and fair to our citizens. The army and the TBI are a great help for fulfilling this duty."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'name'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's hard to believe that you don't know your own king!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'new'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The latest news are usually brought to our magnificent town by brave adventurers. They spread tales of their journeys at Frodo's tavern."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tibia'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Soon the whole land will be ruled by me once again!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'land'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Soon the whole land will be ruled by me once again!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'how are you'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Thank you, I'm fine."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'castle'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Rain Castle is my home."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sell'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Sell? Sell what? My kingdom isn't for sale!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'god'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Honor the gods and pay your taxes."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'zathroth'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Please ask a priest about the gods."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'citizen'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The citizens of Tibia are my subjects. Ask the old monk Quentin to learn more about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sam'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a skilled blacksmith and a loyal subject."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'frodo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is the owner of Frodo's Hut and a faithful tax-payer."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gorn'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He was once one of Tibia's greatest fighters. Now he is selling equipment."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'benjamin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He was once my greatest general. Now he is very old and senile but we entrusted him with work for the Royal Tibia Mail."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'harkath'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Harkath Bloodblade is the general of our glorious army."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bloodblade'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Harkath Bloodblade is the general of our glorious army."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'noodles'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The royal poodle Noodles is my greatest treasure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'ferumbras'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is a follower of the evil god Zathroth and responsible for many attacks on us. Kill him on sight!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bozo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He is my royal jester and cheers me up now and then."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'treasure'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The royal poodle Noodles is my greatest treasure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'monster'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Go and hunt them! For king and country!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'help'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Visit Quentin, the monk, for help."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'quest'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I will call for heroes as soon as the need arises again and then reward them appropriately."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'mission'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I will call for heroes as soon as the need arises again and then reward them appropriately."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gold'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'money'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sewer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "What a disgusting topic!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'dungeon'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Dungeons are no places for kings."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'equipment'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Feel free to buy it in our town's fine shops."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'food'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask the royal cook for some food."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'time'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'hero'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'adventurer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's a time for heroes, that's for sure!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'collector'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "He has been lazy lately. I bet you have not payed any taxes at all."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tax'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "To pay your taxes, visit the royal tax collector."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'king'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "I am the king, so mind your words!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'army'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask the soldiers about that topic."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'enem'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our enemies are numerous. The evil minotaurs, Ferumbras, and the renegade city of Carlin to the north are just some of them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'north'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "They dare to reject my reign over the whole continent!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'carlin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "They dare to reject my reign over the whole continent!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'thais'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our beloved city has some fine shops, guildhouses, and a modern system of sewers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'city'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Our beloved city has some fine shops, guildhouses, and a modern system of sewers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'shop'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Visit the shops of our merchants and craftsmen."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'merchant'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask around about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'craftsmen'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Ask around about them."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'guild'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The four major guilds are the knights, the paladins, the druids, and the sorcerers."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'minotaur'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Vile monsters, but I must admit they are strong and sometimes even cunning ... in their own bestial way."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'paladin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The paladins are great protectors for Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'elane'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The paladins are great protectors for Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'knight'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The brave knights are necessary for human survival in Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'gregor'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The brave knights are necessary for human survival in Thais."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'sorcerer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The magic of the sorcerers is a powerful tool to smite our enemies."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'muriel'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The magic of the sorcerers is a powerful tool to smite our enemies."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'druid'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need the druidic healing powers to fight evil."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'marvik'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need the druidic healing powers to fight evil."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'good'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "The forces of good are hard pressed in these dark times."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'evil'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need all strength we can muster to smite evil!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'order'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "We need order to survive!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'chaos'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Chaos arises from selfishness, and that's its weakness."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'excalibug'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It's the sword of the kings. If you could return this weapon to me I would reward you beyond your dreams."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'reward'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "Well, if you want a reward, go on a quest to bring me Excalibug!"})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'chester'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "A very competent person. A little nervous but very competent."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'tbi'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "This organisation is important in holding our enemies in check. Its headquarter is located in the bastion in the northwall."})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'eremo'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "It is said that he lives on a small island near Edron. Maybe the people there know more about him."})

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(npcHandler.focus ~= cid) then
        return false
    end

if msgcontains(msg, 'promotion') or msgcontains(msg, 'promote') then
        npcHandler:say("Do you want to be promoted in your vocation for 20000 gold?", 1)
        talk_state = 2578  

elseif talk_state == 2578 and msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
        if getPlayerVocation(cid) >= 1 and getPlayerVocation(cid) <= 4 then
            if getPlayerLevel(cid) >= 20 then
                if isPremium(cid) == true then
                    if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 20000) == true then
                    doPlayerSetVocation(cid, getPlayerVocation(cid)+4)
                    CheckPlayerBlessings(cid)
                    npcHandler:say("Congratulations! You are now promoted. Visit the sage Eremo for new spells.", 1)
                    talk_state = 0      
                    else
                    npcHandler:say("You do not have enough money.", 1)
                    talk_state = 0          
                    end
                else
                npcHandler:say("You need a premium account in order to promote.", 1)
                talk_state = 0              
                end
            else
            npcHandler:say("You need to be at least level 20 in order to be promoted.", 1)
            talk_state = 0          
            end
        else
        npcHandler:say("You are already promoted.", 1)
        talk_state = 0  
        end
    end  
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Hey there, friend. When i do that, it changes the default greeting for all npcs. Is there a workarround that?

Hey there, friend. When i do that, it changes the default greeting for all npcs. Is there a workarround that?
Code:

to

Code:
local FOCUS_GREETSWORDS = {'hi king', 'hello king', 'hail king', 'hail the king'}
local FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS = {'bye', 'farewell'}

Code:

to

Code:
local FOCUS_GREETSWORDS = {'hi king', 'hello king', 'hail king', 'hail the king'}
local FOCUS_FAREWELLSWORDS = {'bye', 'farewell'}

They there, buddy! :) If i use just FOCUS_GREETSWORDS before the creatureSayCallback it works only for the npc?

So, basically, i found another error! Well, its not another error haha, actually is something i would want to work. How do i check storage before creatureSayCallback() is called? I mean, i want the npc to talk with the player only if he has x storage, if he doesn't them he won't say nothing. I had to get CID in order to check the storage, i used creatureSayCallback() before and put on it a if that checks if player has the storage, them it would execute another creature callback.

Back