• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Object builder importing question

Thorn

Spriting since 2013
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys, im having a problem, well, 2 problems to be exact:

i want to take my whole custom sprites to a new dat/spr with the latest content of tibia, so i took a dat/spr and try to put my things but im getting errors

my original dat/spr is 10.98, and the one i took also is 10.98, so i exported in obd files in three different versions (10.98, 8.54 and 8.50) just to try different obd formats, and everytime i try to import these custom things into the new dat, i can only import items, but i cant spells (not enough data problem) and when i try to import monsters, they are imported as object but no sprites, so i see the "?" mark in the object because of the missing sprites...

anyone knows how to make this work??

this message (not enough data) happens when your item (it can be any thing, item, outfit) have more atribute properties on the original client, and the client you are trying to add this sprites dont have enough atributes, are you sure u are using two clients 10.98? because I think you are not, because if is the same client, it need to have the same sprites.

im working with 10.98 sprites too, and ive download one client that says version 10.97 and it have all new monsters from library, and i have one client that says 10.98 and dont have the library monsters

too solve some problems with exporting sprites on this version to my client 7.72 I did it manually, exporting png, cutting it on slicer tool of object builder and importing one by one. because some sprites (looktypes) of 10.98 have more animations than the client 7.72 supports, and more data propeties.

OBD, is "mirror" of item existing in dat.
How its works? If you create item in ObjectBuilder, you define it in dat, also they have "linker" to sprite ID that how should it look like.
If you import OBD, then you import created item with link to sprite that does not exist! You understand?
OBD dont contains "sprite files", only link to ID in sprite file.
Then if you import OBD, you must also import sprite file, then reedit imported item to set imported sprite xD

I hope you understand my handicap english xD

OBD, is "mirror" of item existing in dat.
How its works? If you create item in ObjectBuilder, you define it in dat, also they have "linker" to sprite ID that how should it look like.
If you import OBD, then you import created item with link to sprite that does not exist! You understand?
OBD dont contains "sprite files", only link to ID in sprite file.
Then if you import OBD, you must also import sprite file, then reedit imported item to set imported sprite xD

I hope you understand my handicap english xD
yeah i understand what you mean, but then how can i import items? using obd files, no sprite file

Back