• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Official Distribution Release Section

Nevermore

Banned User
Reaction score
I propose the idea to have two sections in the 'Distributions' board, labeled "User-Complied" and "Official" to distinguish between the two, instead of having them integrated into one another.

Last edited:
Is there any problem with distinguishing official releases from the custom ones?

Is there any problem with distinguishing official releases from the custom ones?

Just the fact that they're on the same section makes them seem less reliable, maybe you could add a "User-Compiled" and "Official" section, just to be more organized.

It's not really necessary to have a seperate board to store 2 threads with official TFS releases. I bet that anyone can distinguid threads authors and see if it is an official TFS developer or not (you always have the list of them here).
I want to point out that customizing and releasing modified versions of TFS code is welcome and we do not want to draw a line between the official ones and the "community" ones, because everything here is community-based. You can contribute patches to the TFS core aswell.

Just saying that it would be more organized.. You can't shoot that down, I'm going to be honest, with the people posting all of these shitty distributions it seems less formal.

At most we can maybe stick them, but having a new sub-forum for them is really unnecessary

It's not really necessary to have a seperate board to store 2 threads with official TFS releases.

It's not really necessary for a child molester to have a bag of candy either.

I'm getting tired of the staff throwing those words around: "It's not really necessary". Cut the crap, get to the chase - if you don't want to add it for whatever reason, close the thread and be done with it.

It's not really necessary for a child molester to have a bag of candy either.

I'm getting tired of the staff throwing those words around: "It's not really necessary". Cut the crap, get to the chase - if you don't want to add it for whatever reason, close the thread and be done with it.

So much this. Even if it is not necessary it might be useful and if you are not really up for the idea - simply reject it.

My point exactly, these moderators won't let the users have what they want most of the time.. But oh boy when they think it's a good idea.

when they are good, we agree with them, but even if we agree on them, it doesn't mean they'll be added
we are only here to patrol and moderate the forum, and we act in the best interest of the forum, in this situation, you can easily see what distros are official if you search for threads created by Talaturen and elf as they are the ones that create the threads

if there's anyone you need to convince to add something to the forum is Tala, not moderators

- - - Updated - - -

regarding this, they are our opinions, which afaik aren't considered fact
we might not agree/like, but if Tala does, he'll add it anyway

Talaturen browses the threads more often than you might think and more often is online than I would expect. The fact that he doesn't post doesn't mean he doesn't care or doesn't know what he's doing.
The reason why there are moderators, global moderators and community managers in addition to administrators is that Talaturen himself would not be able to take care of everything here. So I assume that if he doesn't say anything here, he probably agrees with us. In fact, usually you have to convince us (or me) first, then we can/want to talk about it with the rest of the Staff and Talaturen might implement it.

The reason why this is rejected is that it does not provide any benefit for anyone and only creates more subforums. There is no point in having too many subforums - there is nothing worse than creating tons of almost-empty boards.

You might think that we reject most of the ideas, which is statistically correct. But we're not doing this because we are too lazy to implement all of them. We are doing this because there is no point in implementing something that might cause too much trouble in future (custom modifications to vBulletin script) or require too much maintenance or manual work. It is also not effective to change things frequently back and forth on such big board as Otland as it could cause chaos.

there is nothing worse than creating tons of almost-empty boards.

German
From July to Yesterday, a big jump?
Norwegian
12th of June..
The Graveyard <<?
3rd of October, but filled with a ton of datapacks with dead links.. Do I have to say more?
Operating Systems
14th of october, filled with useless tutorials that nobody reads.

Gosh, you couldn't just make at least one more useful one, but keep the ones that have been there, sitting there, unused for months? I'm sorry to object against the dictators of the forum, but damn.

Seriously, you have a sub forum for the sole purpose of putting up a bunch of shit with dead links, but nothing for your own official releases? This does not make a bit of sense to me.

Back