• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official Ikasera.se mapping showoff thread

Zippiex

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Zippiex and I'm the owner of Ikasera. In this thread you can follow me when I mapping quest, spawns and new sceneries for the server. It's like 2 and a half month left to christmas and I will start to showoff a quest "Kill the santa quest" that I will release in december this year. In the quest you will get rare items.

I start with 2 pictures and I will come up with more. You can also see me mapping live sometimes at http://twitch.tv/zippiex

Here is the house they will start in. I will make this to a story mission. The story will be about Santa Claus who beat up kids last year instead of give them christmas presents. You and the 5 other players need to go a way there you kill pixies and snow/ice monsters. In the way of killing you need to find a way to a island and find Mrs Claus and ask her where she saw Santa Claus last time.
PGISOEp.jpg

Here is the map and I will make more maps for this quest.
G37UMjR.jpg

The house has no windows, no lamps, no doors, no other rooms, no interior and probably no roof either. Those stalagmites that you've placed on the water doesn't really fit in. You've only used two different types of trees that are all placed randomly and even infront of the house's 'doorway'.
The shape of the landscape is very... snake-ish, it's very noticeable that you've only used autobordering for this piece and with my honest, humble opinion – I don't think you've put enough effort on this map.

The house has no windows, no lamps, no doors, no other rooms, no interior and probably no roof either. Those stalagmites that you've placed on the water doesn't really fit in. You've only used two different types of trees that are all placed randomly and even infront of the house's 'doorway'.
The shape of the landscape is very... snake-ish, it's very noticeable that you've only used autobordering for this piece and with my honest, humble opinion – I don't think you've put enough effort on this map.
This map is not done yet those things are coming :D What you see now are new and I did this in 20 minutes or something. It's just a start.

I'm only using autoborder for the ground and then when I add three, stones and other stuff I do not use autoborder.

yeah man, he doesn't auto-border the stones and other stuff, only the ground. you need to open your eyes, wtf is wrong with you?

Zippiex, to point a few things out in a nice way, Your map looks very squarish and the minimap looks like a worm like no "land" on earth will every do. ( ofc this is tibia it dont need to be realistic ) but the human eye is not so attracted to such things. cuz we are not used to it.
when you are adding nature, try to have a bit more variation instead of just "spamming" same looking trees with the same spaces between them and so on..
i've never mapped with snow sprites but i know there are pretty much you can play around with.
a thing i like when it comes to the shape with snow and such is making small "islands" in the water with either snow or ice sprites/borders, just to make it look a bit detailed.
as for the house, again try not to make it so squarish ( with or without autoborder, i dont care ) add windows, some interior, a roof perhaps since its winter and its snowing and we dont want snow in the house do we? :p

edit,
just to point something out.. back when i started mapping this would actually be quite OK map (well not OK but if was more maps like this)
but nowadays people expect to see crazy shit cuz most mappers here on OTland is so INSANELY good on what they are doing..
You need to practice more and dont be afraid to get inspired by others or remake what they have done, just to learn and ofc dont forget to give them credits for it ;)

Last edited:
Zippiex, to point a few things out in a nice way, Your map looks very squarish and the minimap looks like a worm like no "land" on earth will every do. ( ofc this is tibia it dont need to be realistic ) but the human eye is not so attracted to such things. cuz we are not used to it.
when you are adding nature, try to have a bit more variation instead of just "spamming" same looking trees with the same spaces between them and so on..
i've never mapped with snow sprites but i know there are pretty much you can play around with.
a thing i like when it comes to the shape with snow and such is making small "islands" in the water with either snow or ice sprites/borders, just to make it look a bit detailed.
as for the house, again try not to make it so squarish ( with or without autoborder, i dont care ) add windows, some interior, a roof perhaps since its winter and its snowing and we dont want snow in the house do we? :p

edit,
just to point something out.. back when i started mapping this would actually be quite OK map (well not OK but if was more maps like this)
but nowadays people expect to see crazy shit cuz most mappers here on OTland is so INSANELY good on what they are doing..
You need to practice more and dont be afraid to get inspired by others or remake what they have done, just to learn and ofc dont forget to give them credits for it ;)
Thanks there. I will repost when I done something.

There should be slightly more pictures in the first post of your own private mapping thread.
[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps - is for this kind of posts.

or maybe he just wants to start a thead mainly focused around getting constructive feedback on his very own stuff and thereby progressing and showing what he learned in upcoming pictures

There is nothing for Us to "feedbacking"...
Everyone, who isn't brainless hormone-driven 15yo, should notice poor quality of that map, without 15 other internet dudes to point this out.
Do we really need to say that his house is empty and his "island" looks like random movement of hand while clicking LBM...? This would be new low for that section.

There is nothing for Us to "feedbacking"...
Everyone, who isn't brainless hormone-driven 15yo, should notice poor quality of that map, without 15 other internet dudes to point this out.
Do we really need to say that his house is empty and his "island" looks like random movement of hand while clicking LBM...? This would be new low for that section.
I get the points people that says it looks good remember this it does not and I will stop using autoborder and come back with something better.

Instead of making everything squary and using autoborder as others above said.
You could put more time into mapping and put details into the stuff.

I made this because I was boored, its not finished.
KiKvzp.png
Looks nice. :D

Back