• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

Make task npcs in different locations like lvl 100 loc lvl 200 loc etc then u give them tasks for the mob in dat area like you kill 100 trolls reward is= gold exp upgrade things maybe % chance to receive special items :p

Tasks aren't exactly the most fun things to do, so don't make it a necessity.
They should just be something casual you can do while hunting.
Considering how custom of a server this is, it would be nice to see something unique and never seen before.
Not just the generic task systems you see on most servers.

It would just seem to bland going to an NPC, getting a task, killing x amount of monsters, report back. Rinse and repeat..
Then again I guess that's the point of tasks? Anyhow I'm fine with whatever as long as the rewards is more than just boring
ol' gold or exp. It's much more fun when the reward is random and with a variety, that way it's exciting cause you'll never know what you can get
especially if you add rare/special items, which you definitely should!

Tasks aren't exactly the most fun things to do, so don't make it a necessity.
They should just be something casual you can do while hunting.
Considering how custom of a server this is, it would be nice to see something unique and never seen before.
Not just the generic task systems you see on most servers.

It would just seem to bland going to an NPC, getting a task, killing x amount of monsters, report back. Rinse and repeat..
Then again I guess that's the point of tasks? Anyhow I'm fine with whatever as long as the rewards is more than just boring
ol' gold or exp. It's much more fun when the reward is random and with a variety, that way it's exciting cause you'll never know what you can getYeha
especially if you add rare/special items, which you definitely should!
Yeah that is true. I like the idea of getting rare/special items, but it shouldn't be something you get very often. Maybe it can be an "Achievement" of sorts where you can get a rare/special item for completing.
Cause as you said, its just something casual you do when you want to go hunting.

Yeah that is true. I like the idea of getting rare/special items, but it shouldn't be something you get very often. Maybe it can be an "Achievement" of sorts where you can get a rare/special item for completing.
Cause as you said, its just something casual you do when you want to go hunting.
I'm glad you brought up Achievements! :>
I've seen achievements on servers here and then but they never really had any purpose. It was mostly just shown on the website, but you can change that, I hope!:p
It would be pretty cool if there was lots of achievements you can get and that they all had a purpose, for example;
  • Use 500 health potions. You have acquired the Achievement "Potion Consumer 1". For having this achievement you now heal and an extra 50 with health potions.
  • Get to level 50. You have acquired the Achievement "Moving up in the World". For reaching level 50 you are more respected by townsfolk and now have more quests available.
  • Explore the 8 towns. You have acquired the Achievement "Adventurous". For exploring these 8 towns you are now able to travel to a secret 9th town by boat.
You get the point right? and excuse my terrible achievement names XD anyway I'm not sure how hard this is to script, but I think it would be pretty flipping cool and it would certainly give you goals to look forward too!

I've seen achievements on servers here and then but they never really had any purpose. It was mostly just shown on the website, but you can change that, I hope!:p
It would be pretty cool if there was lots of achievements you can get and that they all had a purpose, for example;
  • Use 500 health potions. You have acquired the Achievement "Potion Consumer 1". For having this achievement you now heal and an extra 50 with health potions.
  • Get to level 50. You have acquired the Achievement "Moving up in the World". For reaching level 50 you are more respected by townsfolk and now have more quests available.
  • Explore the 8 towns. You have acquired the Achievement "Adventurous". For exploring these 8 towns you are now able to travel to a secret 9th town by boat.
You get the point right? and excuse my terrible achievement names XD anyway I'm not sure how hard this is to script, but I think it would be pretty flipping cool and it would certainly give you goals to look forward too!
Relatively easy. So basically, I think what's going to happen is, I'm going to finish up necessary work for the beta release and whilst in beta I'll work on a system like this cause I do like the idea a lot, hopefully there's a lot more feedback and ideas like this in the beta.

Relatively easy. So basically, I think what's going to happen is, I'm going to finish up necessary work for the beta release and whilst in beta I'll work on a system like this cause I do like the idea a lot, hopefully there's a lot more feedback and ideas like this in the beta.
Expect a lot of recommended ideas like this from myself and @Zasranets :>

Question... Is this going to be a server where you blow through low levels like there isnt a point and we all shouldve started at level 100? Or is there going to be meaning? a little bit of tedious grinding? I mean, i know that we all hate grinding, but sometimes is nice. It helps create enemies and friends, due to the fact that we would have to share or fight over spawns. Plus, low level pvp is ALWAYS fun.

Also, setting up some nice low level group bosses would be cool. Things a level 75-100 could conquer alone, easily... but what they are really made for is 5 level 20's getting together to kill this creature, or complete this quest with the understanding that they all may die.

Last edited:
This would be cool to see... especially if you added in something like...
  • Train to 75 sword fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Sword Master." For having this achievement, your attacks now hit for 10% more damage when using a sword.
  • Train to 75 axe fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Axe Master." For having this achievement, your attacks now cause your target to bleed for 10% weapon damage over 3 seconds when using an axe.
  • Train to 75 club fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Club Master." For having this achievement, your attacks have an x% chance to paralize your target on hit when using a club weapon.

Expect a lot of recommended ideas like this from myself and @Zasranets :>
Question... Is this going to be a server where you blow through low levels like there isnt a point and we all shouldve started at level 100? Or is there going to be meaning? a little bit of tedious grinding? I mean, i know that we all hate grinding, but sometimes is nice. It helps create enemies and friends, due to the fact that we would have to share or fight over spawns. Plus, low level pvp is ALWAYS fun.

Also, setting up some nice low level group bosses would be cool. Things a level 75-100 could conquer alone, easily... but what they are really made for is 5 level 20's getting together to kill this creature, or complete this quest with the understanding that they all may die.
The server exp will start out decently quick then slow down greatly which will make leveling more time consuming. As far as the bosses go, I've already made a couple bosses like that so no worries there, I'll also be making more as well.

This would be cool to see... especially if you added in something like...
  • Train to 75 sword fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Sword Master." For having this achievement, your attacks now hit for 10% more damage when using a sword.
  • Train to 75 axe fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Axe Master." For having this achievement, your attacks now cause your target to bleed for 10% weapon damage over 3 seconds when using an axe.
  • Train to 75 club fighting. You have acquired the Achievement "Club Master." For having this achievement, your attacks have an x% chance to paralize your target on hit when using a club weapon.
Of course! There is all sorts of things you can do :D
The idea's are never-ending!
Hell you could make achievements for anything you wanted. For example;
  • Kill 100 creatures with "name of the weapon". You have acquired the Achievement "Ruthless Killer". Your weapon now has +1 attack.
  • Use "Heal Friend" 100 times. You have acquired the Achievement "Divine Healer 1". Heal Friend now takes X less mana, or heals X more.
The possibilities are endless! The main hard part is balancing them and make sure nothing is broken..
I just wish servers would have something along the lines of this because it would make the server a whole lot more exciting and interesting.
The server exp will start out decently quick then slow down greatly which will make leveling more time consuming. As far as the bosses go, I've already made a couple bosses like that so no worries there, I'll also be making more as well.
I honestly don't mind grinding as long as I have a motive. Like if you're hunting a monster and there are super rare items it can drop, it's exciting cause if you see it drop you're like OMG YAYYAYAYAYAY.
Just make sure the exp rate is low cause I don't want the server to be over in like a week.. I don't even remember the last server I played a server for longer than 1-2 weeks.:( I want something that lasts!
Make sure to keep in mind that there will be people who will play 24/7 and if they run out of content they will complain non-stop and be a pain in your ass.
A way to prevent this is to make it so that 1 person can't complete everything in the server solo... that's no fun whatsoever. There should be lots of times where you need a few people or teams to progress.
This way you can't just power-level and expect to be able to do everything yourself, but instead need help from friends and others. Teamwork is always nice to see :)

There was an achievement system like this in chasm, fare's oldest server. It was almost indentical to how your potion idea worked but it also had some more unique ones which I can't remember (it was online in 2008). It would be great to see it again on a newer server.

How's this going @owned ? I check up on it every so often cause im so stoked to play. PM'd you btw

Just got to my hotel in Virginia going to do a little work on the server before i head to bed and to answer your guys' question, yes the arrows slow. It doesn't shoot bonus arrows or give bonus damage it changes your normal arrows to frost arrows

Back
Top Bottom