• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

owned

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
NightShine Online
A new RPG Experience

*PvP/Non-PvP*
For starters, every player will now be able to choose whether or not they would like to be a PvP player or Non-PvP player. Later in the game at higher levels there will be a choice to change your status through doing a hard quest. Players will have either a red emblem or blue emblem next to their name to indicate their status. Question worthy of discussion: Should their be a draw for Non-PvP players and if so what should it be? Image:
10f9mkl.jpg

*Vocations*
So it seems vocations are one of people's biggest concerns when it comes to playing a server. When the server is released, there will be 10 custom vocations available with never before seen spells for each vocation. Every vocation will have their pros and cons. One of the most asked questions i get when it comes to the development of this server is: What will be the best or most op vocation? Well I'm here to tell you today, as someone who loves PvP and in my eyes one of the most important features of Tibia, my biggest concern with vocations is Balance. First look at custom vocation Barbarian demonstrates the ability to use 2 weapons 2 of the same, or 2 different training the skills of both if they are different types.
6rh4d2.png

*Spells*
Another concern among people when playing a server is spells. Well on this server there will be over 150 custom never before seen spells. Each spell has a new and unique custom formula i created in order to get the absolute best balance of damage, healing, etc for best PvP and PvE results. First look at Spells:

*Custom Item/Loot System*
Every time a monster is kill that drops loot, the loot will have a chance to be 1 of 4 tiers: Rare, Unique, Legendary, and Godlike. Looting items like these will add extra bonus' to the items which help your individual character with things like damage, defense, magic resistance, bonus exp etc. Each tier has the chance of granting more bonus' with higher bonus' allowing character to potentially build their character how they want, whether it be dps, or a more tanky character. Also, every piece of eq that drops will have regeneration on it. Health and Mana. This regeneration will be random based on the eq. Eq that drops early on will have nowhere near the regeneration as Eq gained from monsters later on. Question of discussion: Should there be level requirements for eq? I believe level requirements will balance things better. First look at the loot system:
nps6ls.jpg

*Map*
The map for this server is completely custom and very large. The map is filled with hidden quests, hidden spawns, hidden houses and all kinds of other mysteries. There are currently 7 town, all of which are connected and can be walked to one way or another without the need of taking the boat allowing players to get to other towns even if pzd.

There are many other features currently that i could go into depth about but as for now this is all I'll be presenting you with. In the upcoming days, I will be updating this thread frequently with more to give you guys some sneak peaks. This is a discussion thread so i do want to know your guys opinions and what you'd like to see on here.

Seems interesting, I'm liking what I see so far! On the topic of PVP vs Non-PVP, I remember one server I played had the same system, but the PVP players had a 20% exp boost, giving an incentive to play as a PvP player. The map is sounding interesting, I always liked exploring :)

Seems interesting, I'm liking what I see so far! On the topic of PVP vs Non-PVP, I remember one server I played had the same system, but the PVP players had a 20% exp boost, giving an incentive to play as a PvP player. The map is sounding interesting, I always liked exploring :)
I may do something like that for pvp players not sure exactly what i want to do yet. Trying to get more ideas aside from exp.

I may do something like that for pvp players not sure exactly what i want to do yet. Trying to get more ideas aside from exp.

Another big incentive is more gold. 5% cheaper supplies, 5% extra gold from loot for example. Personally, increased Gold and EXP is enough for myself to go PVP :D. For more creative suggestions.. I'm not too creative :<

This looks amazing but i'm not a big fan of the choice between no-pvp and pvp.
Yea this is understandable but on the same key, some people don't like pvp at all and i want to give them the option of playing a great custom server, without the need of being pkd. Or for example it could be a good option for a new player that is just starting to go non pvp so people don't go randomly killing him.

One thing to look at though is botting, will you allow it? What about non-PVP players botting?

One thing to look at though is botting, will you allow it? What about non-PVP players botting?
I will have staff members that will key in specifically on afk botters. On top of that there is an ambush system implemented in the server that will make it extremely difficult to afk bot. This system will be explained closer to the time of release. With that being said, if someone is found afk botting am i going to ban them the first time i catch it? No. Players will receive 2 warnings before they are banned. Will the ban be permanent? No. Just enough time for someone to realize they could've gotten more level over the period of time they were banned then when they were botting.

I will have staff members that will key in specifically on afk botters. On top of that there is an ambush system implemented in the server that will make it extremely difficult to afk bot. This system will be explained closer to the time of release. With that being said, if someone is found afk botting am i going to ban them the first time i catch it? No. Players will receive 2 warnings before they are banned. Will the ban be permanent? No. Just enough time for someone to realize they could've gotten more level over the period of time they were banned then when they were botting.

I like it :) I'll for sure be checking the thread in a little while watching the progress, very interested where this goes.

Looking good, map looks very undetailed, but doesn't matter if the gameplay is cool. I like the loot item system!
But dislike that u can change from non pvp to pvp

i have a question, you've played xdc right? well if you have there was 3 ways to play it, hardcore standard pvp and non pvp. Non Pvp got 50% of the normal exp, standard was well tibia standard and hardcore got 100% more exp but the item loss was indeed hardcore. So you should add something like hardcore because thatd encourage rocking some assholes lmao

i have a question, you've played xdc right? well if you have there was 3 ways to play it, hardcore standard pvp and non pvp. Non Pvp got 50% of the normal exp, standard was well tibia standard and hardcore got 100% more exp but the item loss was indeed hardcore.
Nahh never played it. I don't particularly agree with the huge difference in exp regardless of pvp status. Sure Non-PvP could switch to PvP but it's so players can get used to the game play without getting pvp. When killing a player 10% of the players gold that they're carrying at the time drops so one thing that this does is give an incentive to kill players especially if someone is botting. And being that Non-PvP players might think they could abuse this system and bot, I'm going to be especially hard on Non-PvP players botting because i don't want the system abused. The system is not meant to be abused, but meant for players to have a fair chance at playing the server if thats what they want. Btw @Exorcist that chance to do effects when attacking I decided i will be adding, thanks for the idea!

Nahh never played it. I don't particularly agree with the huge difference in exp regardless of pvp status. Sure Non-PvP could switch to PvP but it's so players can get used to the game play without getting pvp. When killing a player 10% of the players gold that they're carrying at the time drops so one thing that this does is give an incentive to kill players especially if someone is botting. And being that Non-PvP players might think they could abuse this system and bot, I'm going to be especially hard on Non-PvP players botting because i don't want the system abused. The system is not meant to be abused, but meant for players to have a fair chance at playing the server if thats what they want. Btw @Exorcist that chance to do effects when attacking I decided i will be adding, thanks for the idea!

I understand what you're going for there so no big issue with me lmao, if you played xdc and seen how botting was abused you'd probably agree with it more :p ohh and nice with the effects itll just make it feel that much more custom

I understand what you're going for there so no big issue with me lmao, if you played xdc and seen how botting was abused you'd probably agree with it more :p ohh and nice with the effects itll just make it feel that much more custom
Yea i understand where people are coming from, but people don't understand that players can't just switch back and forth, it's going to be a high level quest, and being that i know players are going to want to and try to abuse this Non-PvP system i will be coming down hard on Non-PvP players for just that reason.

*Gold Loss*
There is a system implemented in which gives great incentive for pvp. When a player dies now, they will lose 10% of the gold they are carrying, this gold will be immediately dropped on the players dead body allowing players to receive gold for killing you. There are of course many ways to prevent this such as placing your gold in your house, placing gold in DP or even using the banking npc. As i have said previously in my posts, pvp is a huge aspect in Tibia and i would love to encourage it from players. Sneak Peek:
20usx8y.png

*Gold Loss*
There is a system implemented in which gives great incentive for pvp. When a player dies now, they will lose 10% of the gold they are carrying, this gold will be immediately dropped on the players dead body allowing players to receive gold for killing you. There are of course many ways to prevent this such as placing your gold in your house, placing gold in DP or even using the banking npc. As i have said previously in my posts, pvp is a huge aspect in Tibia and i would love to encourage it from players. Sneak Peek:
20usx8y.png
Lol like the same system that was in Shawn's Bitcoin server or whatever, I like it

Back