• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

Sorry for the double post, but quick question about the beta about promotions...do you have the promotions already done or is that something you plan on adding at a later time

Sorry for the double post, but quick question about the beta about promotions...do you have the promotions already done or is that something you plan on adding at a later time
Promotions are done, everything is pretty much 100% done. Although there is a dilemma. It appears I've done some poor planning. There's is a possibility I may still do the Beta tomorrow (the 20th) but the question is would it be productive. Situation: Christmas is coming, I've been informed that apparently I will not be home the 21st, 24th, most of the 25th and the 26th. Then Christmas is over and starting the 28th I have a bunch of running around to do for my sisters wedding which is January 3rd. So basically, the 28th, and from the 31st to the 6th of January I am not home at all. So if you guys do run into bugs, the majority of them I will not be able to fix for a couple days at a time. If people get stuck, I can't not come to there aid for a couple days at a time. THEREFORE the question is, will it be productive for you guys and will it be worth it to do the beta during this time period? Up to you guys really, but on my side, it will not be too productive.

Promotions are done, everything is pretty much 100% done. Although there is a dilemma. It appears I've done some poor planning. There's is a possibility I may still do the Beta tomorrow (the 20th) but the question is would it be productive. Situation: Christmas is coming, I've been informed that apparently I will not be home the 21st, 24th, most of the 25th and the 26th. Then Christmas is over and starting the 28th I have a bunch of running around to do for my sisters wedding which is January 3rd. So basically, the 28th, and from the 31st to the 6th of January I am not home at all. So if you guys do run into bugs, the majority of them I will not be able to fix for a couple days at a time. If people get stuck, I can't not come to there aid for a couple days at a time. THEREFORE the question is, will it be productive for you guys and will it be worth it to do the beta during this time period? Up to you guys really, but on my side, it will not be too productive.
honestly i see it two ways, as a player i would still want it on but if i really look at it from your perspective is that id like you too wait its cool its not like we haven't waited this long already so it's honestly up to YOU if you do decide to put it up im sure everyone will still report whats wrong with it and since its closed beta anything game breaking would cause a wipe and of course that's fine because that's what closed beta is for.

honestly i see it two ways, as a player i would still want it on but if i really look at it from your perspective is that id like you too wait its cool its not like we haven't waited this long already so it's honestly up to YOU if you do decide to put it up im sure everyone will still report whats wrong with it and since its closed beta anything game breaking would cause a wipe and of course that's fine because that's what closed beta is for.
Agree!

I say if u do that you appoint someone really close to u a gm that can tp if stuck or anything like that.

AND I thought the 20th was Friday for some reason

edit~ @owned Also I think you should put it online because u have like what 2-3 days where you can fix bugs... And you will have most of the bugs reported already so after your sisters wedding you could just start fixing things. Instead of waiting to put it online and delaying fixing the bugs longer because of nobody testing it....just my thoughts

Last edited:
I say if u do that you appoint someone really close to u a gm that can tp if stuck or anything like that.

AND I thought the 20th was Friday for some reason

edit~ @owned Also I think you should put it online because u have like what 2-3 days where you can fix bugs... And you will have most of the bugs reported already so after your sisters wedding you could just start fixing things. Instead of waiting to put it online and delaying fixing the bugs longer because of nobody testing it....just my thoughts
I agree with Blinkz. We'll get most of the bugs found probably on those select few days you will be at home. But again, it's up to what you think is best.

let people that can handle playing with bugged stuff early, let the rest of the mass on whenever ur ready

I say to just put it up, might as well let people test. If you have someone you really trust you could appoint them GM for the time being and let them help while you're gone.
It's beta so it doesn't really matter if someone breaks the server or such. After all you could easily reset characters once you get back and start again.
All up to you though, I honestly don't care how long it takes. :)

Actually.... Gm would not be needed to be honest... Could just make a rune for the beta that when you click it, it will tp you back to temple

I didn't read the whole thread but from what I read nothing explained the reason for the warmode signs, what are they for?

Never mind, just read it

Eyy guess people like the idea haha, and if anyone wants to play anything tonight hmu and we can get on skype or team speak or whatever and just chill

Well here's the thing, for the beta I've gotta pay for a dedicated server, now I find that it would be a huge waste, if a majority of these next 2 weeks, I won't even be able to be productive. People can report bugs to me no problem, but I'd rather fix them when there found instead of coming back and having a huge list of things to fix. Besides I'd rather be able to interact with you guys while you play and discuss the gameplay. So I think either the 6th or 7th I'll put it up which ever day I'm back from the wedding and as a result of the delay I'll be giving out 20 free entries instead of 10. From now till whenever the beta is, stay active in the forum, give feedback, ideas, suggestions. Anything you think would improve the server.

Well here's the thing, for the beta I've gotta pay for a dedicated server, now I find that it would be a huge waste, if a majority of these next 2 weeks, I won't even be able to be productive. People can report bugs to me no problem, but I'd rather fix them when there found instead of coming back and having a huge list of things to fix. Besides I'd rather be able to interact with you guys while you play and discuss the gameplay. So I think either the 6th or 7th I'll put it up which ever day I'm back from the wedding and as a result of the delay I'll be giving out 20 free entries instead of 10. From now till whenever the beta is, stay active in the forum, give feedback, ideas, suggestions. Anything you think would improve the server.
Let the boredom continue!

But seriously, hope you have a good time at the wedding.

Back