• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

I'm sorry man, I know you guys are eager to play, and so am I but it's not worth having a beta for me if I can't be on as everything's happening.
Nah buddy i understand completely. It's up to what you think is best for the OT. I'll play whenever its up :)

I'm sorry man, I know you guys are eager to play, and so am I but it's not worth having a beta for me if I can't be on as everything's happening.
yea only part that sucks is your here for the next few days...

Well I'm only here today, the 22nd and 23rd really lol
which is like 40ish hours of testing for some of us lmfao. I know a few of us that would play it pretty intensely up until christmas. Anyways its your decision because you never know what bugs you could find that could cause the beta to last only a short while. Also if you want someone to host it for you for the time being so you don't have to pay for dedicated server i could put you in contact with a pretty well respected guy that offers hosting.

which is like 40ish hours of testing for some of us lmfao. I know a few of us that would play it pretty intensely up until christmas. Anyways its your decision because you never know what bugs you could find that could cause the beta to last only a short while. Also if you want someone to host it for you for the time being so you don't have to pay for dedicated server i could put you in contact with a pretty well respected guy that offers hosting.
Worked too hard to give a soul these files. Doesn't matter how respected lol

wow that sounded wrong sorry lol, i didnt see ur post about your situation :(((

i like your concept lots and lots !
please put in % manaregen cause its good and manaregen items pls no flat rates make it % rates so they scale with high levels !! this makes hardcore lategame content amazuuuung

wow that sounded wrong sorry lol, i didnt see ur post about your situation :(((

i like your concept lots and lots !
please put in % manaregen cause its good and manaregen items pls no flat rates make it % rates so they scale with high levels !! this makes hardcore lategame content amazuuuung
There are no flat rate or %, mana and health regen change with the items you find, and even the items regen isn't constant.

It's sad it wont be opening to day @owned , but from your perspective i completely understand it, it wouldnt be as productive as it could.. So have a good time at the wedding!

Oh well I had Halfaway in mind, but anyways hope this is the last delay on the beta. Have fun the next 2 weeks

you cant test a server without someone in chyarge of it, a teleport to temple wont save you when you debugf or some shiet like that

and from the perspec of tgh owner its useless to test for 1-2 weeks when u cant fix shit, cus peoiple cant test the shit thats broken until its fixed late ranyways

pce

There could be a major bug where you log in and cant even move you never know so it would be a pretty bad 2 weeks of testing standing in 1 spot, I mean you could test the Chatting system and see if it is working 100%. But i can see 100% where owned is coming from as-well as most of the other people its more better for him to be there as the bugs happen as he can fully understand why its bugging and get it fixed asap cause it could be a bug that messes up the part of the ot where you need to go or complete that area to progress further into the server..
anyways its his server and he can delay it as long as he wants i mean i know you guys wanna play but whats the point if there is going to be no one around to fix simple mistakes that could overly ruin the whole game play.
Anyways @owned have a great time and we shall see you back soon.

I was looking forward too it cause I have winter break so I could of been playing 24/7 lmao but now it's going to be up when my break ends so unfornentally I'll have school >~< and won't be able to play as much.
It is what it is though :p

Hey guys don't forget I'm going to be giving out an additional 10 free entries to the beta so for those of you who aren't too confident with their position, be active in the forum from now till the 6th to possibly acquire a position in it. Throw out any ideas, suggestions, concerns, questions etc that you may have and I'll try to answer them as soon as I see them. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hello owned.

I would like to throw this idea into the room : a rank system?
To keep the gameplay go for a long term you could think about a rank system.

I'll explain it shortly, if you want more of my ideas please hit me up with a private message.

Q : What is a rank?
A : A rank is 25 Levels in Hp, Mana, and a balanced amount of damage.
Q: How do you aqquire a Rank?
A: You have the possiblity to rebirth.
Q: How do you calculate the ranking rebirths and how do you rebirth?
A: To rebirth you need to get 100.000.000 Exp. This would accure you the rank 1. the 2. Rank requirs 101.000.000 Exp. You could rebirth at 303.000.000 Exp which would give you 3 Ranks.
(100.000.000+101.000.000+102.000.00 Exp.)
Q: How does the Server Benefit from this?
A: The Gameplay would be taken to an entirely new level. People Would have to play arround the Ranking system.
Q: Why play arround the ranking system?
A: As each rank raises the exp amount needed and costs alot of money to rebirth + the Quest is not really easy, Rebirthing for 1 rank is completly useless as then they start of as level (8?) again and will not be able to grind the Endgame monsters which are the real Chunks of exp. Basically, Rebirthing with rank 0 on 404.000.000 Exp would give you rank 4 which is Like level 100 (100 levels in HP and mana ) And would make the early hunting way easier.
Q: Do you think this would make sense in a server like Nightshine?
A: I Think so. The server seems to be built for custom lovers. But custom servers usually come to a point where the developer cannot script as fast as people play through his server. This way people could keep up playing, Continuesly collecting gems (if there is or something like this) and getting their stats boosted up by getting ranks.
Q: What if someone nolifes the server like a complete freak and overtakes everyone by a billion ranks?
A: Owned could Hardcap The ranks. Unless 10 people rank 50, Rank 50 is maximum. Unless 10 people rank 100, Rank 100 is maximum. Etc.

I hope you enjoyed my explaining of the rank system, Hope to see you guys in the beta. Have a nice day.

Hello owned.

I would like to throw this idea into the room : a rank system?
To keep the gameplay go for a long term you could think about a rank system.

I'll explain it shortly, if you want more of my ideas please hit me up with a private message.

Q : What is a rank?
A : A rank is 25 Levels in Hp, Mana, and a balanced amount of damage.
Q: How do you aqquire a Rank?
A: You have the possiblity to rebirth.
Q: How do you calculate the ranking rebirths and how do you rebirth?
A: To rebirth you need to get 100.000.000 Exp. This would accure you the rank 1. the 2. Rank requirs 101.000.000 Exp. You could rebirth at 303.000.000 Exp which would give you 3 Ranks.
(100.000.000+101.000.000+102.000.00 Exp.)
Q: How does the Server Benefit from this?
A: The Gameplay would be taken to an entirely new level. People Would have to play arround the Ranking system.
Q: Why play arround the ranking system?
A: As each rank raises the exp amount needed and costs alot of money to rebirth + the Quest is not really easy, Rebirthing for 1 rank is completly useless as then they start of as level (8?) again and will not be able to grind the Endgame monsters which are the real Chunks of exp. Basically, Rebirthing with rank 0 on 404.000.000 Exp would give you rank 4 which is Like level 100 (100 levels in HP and mana ) And would make the early hunting way easier.
Q: Do you think this would make sense in a server like Nightshine?
A: I Think so. The server seems to be built for custom lovers. But custom servers usually come to a point where the developer cannot script as fast as people play through his server. This way people could keep up playing, Continuesly collecting gems (if there is or something like this) and getting their stats boosted up by getting ranks.
Q: What if someone nolifes the server like a complete freak and overtakes everyone by a billion ranks?
A: Owned could Hardcap The ranks. Unless 10 people rank 50, Rank 50 is maximum. Unless 10 people rank 100, Rank 100 is maximum. Etc.

I hope you enjoyed my explaining of the rank system, Hope to see you guys in the beta. Have a nice day.
To be completely honest I'm not too fond of this idea. It seems rather pointless really. I don't see how it would add anything to gameplay other than an additional repetitive quest every however many levels. Besides, there's already things like bosses throughout the map that add additional stats like health mana and damage. Health, Mana and Damage are already a guaranteed thing throughout tibia, no need to add another guaranteed thing. I'd rather people do things without knowing the end result of it and be surprised.

Rebirth systems like that also invite endless grinding unless new quests etc is added to each new rebirth

Back