• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] June - Edron Magic Academy Revamp

Which piece(s) are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted on the third piece by mistake, I was going to vote for the second piece.

But whatever, it looks like the second piece will win without my vote anyway.
I'll update it

- - - Updated - - -

I want to change my vote to 3 :(.
It's simple, clean, RPG-ish and magicfull.
I love that.

I found 2 and 4 a bit to spammed, 1 looks unfinished.
All looks nice.
I'll update it

I voted for 3 because i feel it captured the theme subtlety and has a nice atmosphere. But dat ambient on 2 is awsome. I feel 2 is an awesome peice but NOT a student friendly magic academy.. More like a derelict corrupted ex academy xD

1- wrong environment imo.. Needed another pic probably in game since the other two have..
4- meh, it's okay, overview does it more justice but probably needed an in game pic to compete with the rest.

The in game overview on 2 is pretty coo

But overall the atmosphere of #3 is my favourite.

I will go for number 2, its perefect detailed! The only thing i dislike is the ground usen on bridges

with this poll now I have a clear idea of what people see for revamp an area

piece number 1, doesn't really change the towers or add something new to they, I only see a change of walls and for me those walls sucks
piece number 2, there we see a in some ways well done map piece... is ok and maybe looks nice but looks so freaking away of how the towers really was
piece number 3, is ok, doesn't show a good image of the whole towers but after all gives and idea of how the towers are and looks
piece number 4, looks a little bit like a "noob" piece, I see less water and more earth, don't like

all this comments are from my point of view & I tried to be indifferent

adding a final comment. in recent competitions do not see too much effort into the contestants

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vote for 1 with you ^^ 2 votes now \o/

Holy guacamole! Everyone did an excelent job, seriously, but it goes without saying, #2 is the best by far IMO.

Number 2 was not a revamp, in my honest opinion. She/He changed everything that about it. It doesn't look like an academic neither does it have the same buildings. If the buildings were correct then I would've voted for 2 but I don't see a revamp in this.

Number 2 was not a revamp, in my honest opinion. She/He changed everything that about it. It doesn't look like an academic neither does it have the same buildings. If the buildings were correct then I would've voted for 2 but I don't see a revamp in this.

re·vamp
/rēˈvamp/

Verb
Give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to: "revamp her image".
Noun
An act of improving the form, structure, or appearance of something.
Synonyms
renovate - mend - remodel

I'll be damned, I didn't see that one, apologies :) Would have been more awesome if the other buildings were like in ruin! I know that it doesn't really matter anymore but 2 should have my vote.. it felt like cheat earlier :p

I still don't like 2!!!

Its well mapped, but goes against the idea of the Magic Academy, its a school, not a dungeon! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back