• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OLD TFS FILES. STOP USING THEM.

People use other distros because not everyone wants the latest client version. Also, of course, people want download and run (sadly)
If TFS had official support for clients 7.7 and up I bet a lot more would write scripts and what not. Todays Tibia makes me wanna puke.

People use other distros because not everyone wants the latest client version. Also, of course, people want download and run (sadly)
If TFS had official support for clients 7.7 and up I bet a lot more would write scripts and what not. Todays Tibia makes me wanna puke.

I would say that's the thing. There is no clear help anywhere(that I'm aware of) of what is needed to downgrade tfs 1.2 to support older client versions, and tfs just keeps on chuggin along with newer clients, forsaking anything older. From the looks of it, there is a large community of people that prefer tibia 8.6 and below. I'm one of them.

I personally use 1.2, but I do see the appeal of using the distros that work out of the box with your client version. After all, at one time they were the best. My approach has been to just write a list of what I don't like about 10.98 and manually remove each feature. It's quite a bit of work, but it IS game dev, so i expect it. I appreciate what OTX has tried to accomplish, but with what I've seen dabbling with it, I just run into problem after problem after problem until I say screw it and go back to tfs. Lol

I think you can summarize all of it with this:

People are lazy, and yet, want to run the greatest 2d mmorpg of all time without taking into consideration the incredible amount of work involved with making something truly great. Once they see the monumental task ahead of them, they search for shortcuts. The ones who choose to settle instead of persevere end up with a cookie cutter evo or rl map runnin on old code that has been compromised time and time again. The ones who want to actually put the time into making something great and stable usually use a newer code base that has far fewer security and stability problems, but ends up requiring more work to get a base of what you want out of it.

Just my opinion of course.

well for example there are no tfs 1.2 1.3 for older clients as 7.72 or they are totally bugged, mostly of us aare not programmers or are just using the files for learning purposes
as you can check in otx
Issues · mattyx14/otxserver · GitHub

or ond tfs etc
totally bugged so better to use older files and fix the bugs that are way less that the newest tfs

Sorry for my ignorance, but does TFS 1. + exist for version 8.7? or just for newer protocols?
i don't think there's any engine that supports 8.7
the only server i've seen with 8.7 in the longest time was ascalon and they have a customized engine iirc

Ye it is true, but if this files work for them good, why change them? no sense.

Back