• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

One IP address - two different ots engine

trasaklasa

Reaction score
I want to run two different ots servers on one VPS server (one IP).
There will be two different servers with different structures of the players table.

I already know how to make two independent acc makers
e.g. ots1.zapto.org -> will redirect to var/www/html1
ots2.zapto.org -> will redirect to var/www/html2

But how to do the same with the game engine? I just thought like this:
  • so that after typing ots1.zapto.org port 7171 will connect to game port 7172.
  • and after typing ots2.zapto.org port 7171 to connect to game port 7173
I want players to enter port 7171 in both cases :D
However, I have a loginserver in the engine and it works if the login data in the ots1 database and in the ots2 database are the same, then it sees the other "world" and I can log in to ots1 and to ots2.
However, in my case of two acc makers, the login details may be different, because there will be different databases.
Any ideas on the easiest way to solve this?

It's possible to redirect to any page based on URI (virtual hosts) but when it comes to server it needs to bind on some address at certain port.
Your domain A record would anyway be resolved to some IPv4 so at this point you already are unable to define which server you're willing to sent request to.

Solution:
  • Get yourself a second IP and use different for second domain. Remember to set bindOnlyGlobalAddress for each server and set correct ip.
  • Alternatively you could host single login server (7171) and host game server's on different ports (whatever port 7172 & 7182).

Page:
So I can't do it easy like on this movie on page ?

Game:
Solution:
  • Get yourself a second IP and use different for second domain. Remember to set bindOnlyGlobalAddress for each server and set correct ip.
Is it possible to use two IPs on one virtual machine in this same time? For example I ping from a virtual server one of webpage example: ping otland.net, what address will be used - the first or the second?

2)
  • Alternatively you could host single login server (7171) and host game server's on different ports (whatever port 7172 & 7182).
Yes, but which accounts table will the login server check if there are two accounts table in different databases?

What would you expect to happen if there are 2 same accounts (login & password).
I'd just host 2 different servers with 2 separate login servers (same port, different IP) as I don't see what you'd like to achive with such setup.

For single login server you'd need to use one table account but you'd have to rework the server & DB model

Back