• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

One last OT for Tibia/OT old timers

TXP

Reaction score
Hi fellow OT-ers,

Recently I have gotten my interest back in OT after many years. I started Tibia and OT in honestly I don't know what version.
I remember Bubble (Antica) was level 170ish and the OT community was relying on tibia.de? Sorry my memory has faded.

I was thinking to create one last OT created by a couple of old timers. I realise at our age we don't have many hours a day
available like we used to; we have jobs, families etc. I am looking for people who have a couple hours a week to spend.

Let me try to entertain you with my vision/goals of the server:

- Client version 7.6 or: (7.4-8.0)

- Moderate leveling (1,5x-2,5x) to avoid level 800s, rather encourage players to not only grind but to investigate in puzzling
quests with important rewards.

- Let players skill up by training with a dagger, wooden shield, a fishing rod and a couple of rats (encourages players to find
training partners and interact)

- A few lively cities, rather than 10 cities where half of them are completely deserted. (ex. starting with 2 cities, adding
more cities through updates if popularity requires or otherwise just add areas and quests)

- Quests not solely based on defeating a few monsters, but adding lore based riddles and mysteries. (not that hard scipting wise)

- Creating myths like "Sword of Fury" in Rookgaard, but in this case solvable but very hard

- Similarities with vanilla Tibia (mostly map and quests wise) creating Deja Vu moments, however taking the good parts and
improving on them.

- Investing in creating a RPG server rather than solely grinding (ex. team quests, events, puzzling quests that are crucial)

- Adding humor to NPCs and quests through; real life references or strange behaviour (stupid example; resemble the Tibian king
'Tibianus' with Donald Trump by 'Tibianus' saying: "Make Tibia great again") or having the local priest having a torture room.

- As before mentioned create a populated server, not crowded though. When hunting in a cave the player shouldn't be overrun by
other players, but also not hunt for 3 hours without seeing any other player. Creating a balance is the goal.

None of these goals have been set in stone. The idea of this OT is to make it a team effort and ideas or alterations are
encouraged. Everyone joining the project will have a say in the development and course of the project. I can't wait to hear your
views.

As you can see making money is not one of my personal goals, but that doesn't mean I'm not open for suggestions.

Development

Two weeks ago I just started creating a new map. One thing I immideatily noticed is my increased speed comparing to 10 years ago.
just in a couple of days I created this Rookgaard (half way finished):

Knipsel.JPG

Let's talk about available positions:

- Mapping
Noticing the speed I'm mapping at currently. I can have a first version (rookgaard + main 2 cities and areas) ready around
february 2020. That being said, help is always welcome so I can focus on other parts of the server aswel. Even better is a
a (co) leader of the mapping project. Requirements of the mapper:
  • - Creating a map in the style of vanilla Tibia
  • - Respecting Knightmare's style of vanilla Tibia
  • - Details are great, but more focus on gameplay and lore
  • - Mapping and thinking of puzzling quests

- Creative thinkers
Creative thinkers to create lore and quests are more than welcome to add depth to the server. Important is to combine this
creativeness with implementation to the server.

- Scripters
personally I am capable of scripting, but a hand in this is more than welcome.

- Tech genius
As I remember in the past. This certain skill set is a breaking point in the development of OTS. I must admit I'm not a
genius in this specific skill set, but I am dedicated to learn as I'm switching into IT careerwise. I am not looking for a
guy to fix all this stuff for the server, but someone to teach me. However I am not looking for someone to explain everything
to me, but someone who will show me the right tutorials so I can learn on my own.

- Server side and or web developers

I am a pretty creative vanilla lover, fast minded and pretty creative on mapping.
I got all the free-time in the world and would love to join you on this.
You can find some of my postings here on Otland, else I can show you some Live-Action on it
DC: Keppa#2078
Information needed? (If So)
Work: Studying/Fulltime depressed
Skills: Creative thinking, mapping.
Hands: Fast, exelent
You know you need me, sir.

Hey Klonera, it's nice to see your enthussiasm! Let's get into contact, Ill send you a PM
Post automatically merged:

Excited to say Rookgaard above ground is done! Underground 60%
Rookgaard2.JPG

Last edited:
Yep!

Attachments

• 17814459_639962409538490_5144686723920004599_o (1).jpg
    17814459_639962409538490_5144686723920004599_o (1).jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 43 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Just the guy we need. Ill add you on discord and whatsapp after work.

Add me on discord as well, jlnunez89#3621

I’m curious to see where this project is going.

I’ve been involved with OT since it all started (around versions 7.1 and 7.4) saw rise and fall of Zion, YurOTS, Survival, and many others. (contributed to the original repo as “BurnMc”, don’t really know how/if to change my OtLand name to it).

I’m currently working on a C# remake of OT in my spare time: jlnunez89/opentibiacore (https://github.com/jlnunez89/opentibiacore)

Been a profesional software engineer since around 2012.

Update:

Tech Genius position is taken

We are in need of good mappers and creative thinkers in terms of Storyline and quest design

@

Greetings,

I am here to say, kudos and wish you good luck in your endeavor in developing this game, and while I would like to invest some time in mapping a vanilla-style tibia server it just simply isn't in the cards when considering I am in the process of helping develop a game myself. Just remember that when developing a game with such a mystery element you must always consider what Knightmare would do in such a case back then, give but a shred of hope that something does exist from nothing, even if it ultimately turns out to be an unfinished project. It gives players a reason to stick around and explore every piece of what the game has to offer, sort of like how people on the Playstation Community held onto hope for that one final secret in Shadows of the Colossus.

In any case, just remember one things when developing a game such as the one you want to go for,a good mystery is the key to a captive audience.

Sincerely,
Grinchy

Back