• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

One of the most strangest debug case ever known to human being

Reaction score
For some reason, when I turn on my server and try to log onto it, the client debugs right before the character list actually opens, the graphic options should be right, I looked into my computer, it's DirectX 9, but I can't click the button in the Graphics Option of the client, so I was using DirectX 5. I tried all kinds of things and still debug error. While uploading the .sql file from my server I also recieved this specific error:
Error

SQL query:

DELIMITER | CREATE TRIGGER `ondelete_accounts` BEFORE DELETE ON `accounts` FOR EACH ROW BEGIN DELETE FROM `bans` WHERE `account` = OLD.`id` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DELIMITER |

CREATE TRIGGER `ondelete_accounts`
BEFORE DELETE
ON `accounts`
' at line 1

ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS DEBUG PROBLEM!?

The fact that your client debugs right before it shows character list, tends to indicate that the client protocol is wrong (e.g server is 8.31 and client is 8.22 and similar).

As for the SQL error, make sure the "DELIMITER |" is on its own line, and not on the same line as "CREATE TRIGGER ...".

I'm using client 8.22 and TFS server 0.2, I don't know if Talaturen made a mistake and put 8.31 server compatibility in 0.2.

And this seems ok o_O:

DELIMITER |

CREATE TRIGGER `ondelete_accounts`
BEFORE DELETE
ON `accounts`
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
DELETE FROM `bans` WHERE `account` = OLD.`id`;
END|

If you downloaded the latest 0.2 patch (i think it is 16) then yes, it is a 8.31 server without 8.22 compability. (I believe it changed protocol in patch 15)

Try logging in using a 8.31 client, and it will most likely work.

As for SQL, what is the line(s) directly above "DELIMITER |"?

Aight, I didn't know that it updated to 8.31, thanks anyways. :)

`tile_id` INT NOT NULL,
`sid` INT NOT NULL,
`pid` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`itemtype` INT NOT NULL,
`count` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`attributes` BLOB NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (`tile_id`) REFERENCES `tiles`(`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

DELIMITER |

Back