• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Open BETA] World of Therran!

Samuro

GameDev
Reaction score
EDIT: The beta is now available for everyone! Have fun in our open beta. :)

Time:

OPEN BETA IS NOW OFFLINE. Thanks for your participation!

Report bugs and leave feedback/suggestions here:
https://bitbucket.org/jollejkpg/therran-public/issues?status=new&status=open

Please don't spam gamemasters in-game and expect them to fix all bugs at once.
To get your position type /pos in the chat.

http://8ware.net/index.php

What is World of Therran?
Therran is a custom RPG server. Experience is kept at low rate. A custom made detailed map by Samuro and Mackan. And a custom client, with sound, made by Jolle_jkpg. You can read about the server here
https://otland.net/threads/world-of-therran-beta.222171/
https://otland.net/threads/sweden-therran-beta-2-custom-client-opening-soon.238031/#post-2300840

What is new about the skill system?
You no longer learn spells by levelling up. Instead, you unlock spells inside the skill system.
For example: As a druid, you have 4 ways to evolve your skills. Arctic Might, which unlocks ice spells. Nature's Virtue, for the earth spells. Despair, for summons and off-class elements like fire, physical and enegry strikes. And finally Magic, for the increased magic damage on spells. Magic also allows you to create runes.
We are excited to hear your feedback on this system, and we think it will make players unique depending on what way they decide to take their character. For example, some druids may want to go full earth before getting a single ice spell.

Everything will be unlocked for your character in the end, so don't worry about missing out. It will make the levelling process more interesting. :)

Ljiygfj.png

Cheers folks,
8ware Team!

Last edited:
Hype!!
I wanna join! :D

Btw, here's a tease of the new look on the skill window, this image shows the skills for Sorcerers.

a104b53edeb0c16bae3bb5fd4db2ec20.png

Skills highlighted in gold/orange are the vocation main skills.
The small icon next to the skill level shows the next spell you unlock by leveling that skill (with a hover saying when it's unlocked).

This, among many other features, is what you will be able to test if you join the beta :)

Last edited:
Is there any time frame on the closed beta? I could join and try out the changes, but I won't be able to play until the 28th or 29th of march.

For those who completed Merchant's Guild tasks, do we have to remake it once the beta starts? anyways looking good boys!

Didnt know this project was still going^^ Good luck :)

Is there any time frame on the closed beta? I could join and try out the changes, but I won't be able to play until the 28th or 29th of march.
We will have the closed beta going for minimum a week, after that it all depends on how long time we need to see that everything works as we want it. So no problem if you can't play until the 28th or 29th :)

For those who completed Merchant's Guild tasks, do we have to remake it once the beta starts? anyways looking good boys!
I guess you have, but if you join the beta msg us and we'll see if you can get some assistance in finishing them faster :)

Also, since it's kind of a hassle to search through a thread for people who're interested in the beta we've created a website where you can register your email to get a beta key.
So if you want to join the beta you must register your email adress and we'll send you a key when it's time.
The amount is currently limited to 100 keys, but we might add more later on depending on how long the beta will be.

Closed BETA - Email registering

Regards
8Ware

So there was still some work left to do with the skill window, I updated my first post about the skill window with a new image, but here it is again!

a104b53edeb0c16bae3bb5fd4db2ec20.png

As you can see we've added some text at the top for further clarification and also lengthened the progress bars for our woodcutting and fishing skills.
We know about the percentage sign being cut in the image and it has been fixed.

Hope to see you in our beta!

Regards
8Ware

Today it's 6 days left until the Beta opens, there is still a chance to get a key.
Even if we get over 100 registered email addresses you still have a chance to join the beta.

So go ahead and register your email today for a chance to join a really unique testing and have a chance to test out something great before everyone else :)

You might even be able to afford this unique guildhall for your guild later on. :)
MRBrbhb.png

Regards
8Ware

#up:
Please, don't be such a hypocrite, everything we use for Open Tibia is in one way or another - stolen. I don't remember where CIP's stated that we can use their sprites for our own purposes. So using few sprites from other game don't make any difference. Just try to relax and maybe try the server. :)

Paladin class(test char :D):
ZfQSmrd.png

Back