• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Discord Server

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello my fellow OTLanders,
I am here to inform those who might be interested that we have an OpenTibia Discord server, not related to OTLand and its main idea is to gather people. Yes I know there is an OTLand Discord, but this is completely different, looks different and is run by different people. It is not the most active sadly but I thought I would share it with you.

One thing we do is, we provide channels for projects who would like to have one, because we believe that this is one way to motivate and reward the project members.

Feel free to join and say hi!

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

l33X5NB.png

Last edited:
It's the same thing as unofficial otland discord, with less people and minecraft server ads.

I gotta say, the initial experience of this Discord server isn't exactly the best.

Immediately upon joining I get DMed by a bot telling me "Welcome to VAPus server ! You can find our forum @ http://vapus.net/ Login/Register!", a site that mind you doesn't even work. So why on earth I'm being told to join I have no idea.

Additionally in the #general channel, the most recent message is a spam ad for some adult dating website.
A message that at the time of writing has been there for just over 3 hours, and still isn't removed despite there being 7 admins/moderators ("Developers") currently online.

So yeah... Not the best first impression.

I gotta say, the initial experience of this Discord server isn't exactly the best.

Immediately upon joining I get DMed by a bot telling me "Welcome to VAPus server ! You can find our forum @ http://vapus.net/ Login/Register!", a site that mind you doesn't even work. So why on earth I'm being told to join I have no idea.

Additionally in the #general channel, the most recent message is a spam ad for some adult dating website.
A message that at the time of writing has been there for just over 3 hours, and still isn't removed despite there being 7 admins/moderators ("Developers") currently online.

So yeah... Not the best first impression.
Oh, yeah the vapus thingy was back long time ago when it was up. I forgot to remove it and no one told me it is still being sent. The site has been down for a long time. Thank you for reporting.

Regarding the spam bot, I cant control them, I ban them every time they join, this is like the 5th time. Also there is only one Moderator and it is me. Developers are not moderators, they’re OT developers. I was sleeping when the bot sent the message and I deleted as soon as I woke up and took a look at the server. Sorry about that

Regarding the spam bot, I cant control them, I ban them every time they join, this is like the 5th time. Also there is only one Moderator and it is me. Developers are not moderators, they’re OT developers. I was sleeping when the bot sent the message and I deleted as soon as I woke up and took a look at the server. Sorry about that
Maybe you can increase the Moderation level?
1546792572680.png

OpenTibia Discord People be like
-Hi guys can i get support?
-Yes tell me what you need i will try my best to help you
Otland Discord People be like
-Fuck you N I G
(Floods Pepe The Frog emoji)

OpenTibia Discord People be like
-Yes tell me what you need i will try my best to help you
Otland Discord People be like
-Fuck you N I G
(Floods Pepe The Frog emoji)

You're right, the memes are real and the moderation isn't there. The key difference is that we actually respond to support requests in time, instead of collecting piles of questions and not answer them (in time).
bcc0ec6e3958414c3726eebf89250553.png

7c67f5322d34b3a212f9489b43274560.png

Maybe you can increase the Moderation level?
View attachment 33666
I have it on medium, having it higher won’t do anything, the bots are programmed to post an inappropriate link nothing more, unless i block all links. I perma ban them. Having it on higher would require people to wait and for a server that is not very active, its not a good idea as it just makes them leave most of the time rather than wait
The problem with providing support on Discord is that it cannot be searched and won't help anybody in future.
true, but sometimes its not just about support. People might just talk, chill, get to know about each other, discuss something. We also provide channels for projects to motivate them and people seem to like the spotlight we provide. I am open to all suggestions to improve the server. I’ve also recently added some new channels to keep it fresh and maybe motivate people to talk more

Not sure what the issue with spam bots are but many servers use a system that requires you to type something on chat, or add a reaction to a message to be able to get a rank and see the server channels... might not be 100% efficient but adds a good layer of protection.

If the spam goes throught PM/private, thats user fault.

Not sure what the issue with spam bots are but many servers use a system that requires you to type something on chat, or add a reaction to a message to be able to get a rank and see the server channels... might not be 100% efficient but adds a good layer of protection.

If the spam goes throught PM/private, thats user fault.
Yes I know, I have done that before but on a bigger server like 10k people where there is a lot of raid and spam. Such system would just confuse new people and make joining the server slower. Especially with such a not very active server where people dont talk, and from my experience with this OT Discord server, it seems like most people who join our discord are new to discord, so this would only cause confusion to them. We get one bot every few days or every few weeks. And I delete them as soon as I see them. I will try to find another work around using blacklisting links start with certain words, I just need to make sure these bots are using similar sites to spam the chat. For now, I have added an Explicit content filter, lets see how this works out! I also turned on push notifications on my phone for all messaged from the server, this will let me see every message sent and react accordingly, rather than checking the server every while. So I will have much more faster reaction to spam messages now!

Thank you for the suggestion tho

Last edited:
Well having experienced both this, and the other "official but not-so-official" OTLand Discord over a few days now, I'd say go with this one.

Amiroslo is personable, and tries his best to admin things. The chat, while being somewhat inactive, is overall friendly and helpful.
The discord is well organized, has sensible rules and personally I find the emoji usage in channel names a nice subtle visual cue.

Meanwhile, the only words I can use to describe the other Discord is... "Toxic". And I don't use that word lightly.
You get called "boring" and "hater" for not agreeing with certain people's personal opinion, and the conversations happening in it seem to be primarily circle-jerks because people are afraid of disagreeing with whatever the clique has deemed right and wrong (High School anyone?).
It also doesn't help that it completely lacks any kind of channel sorting, and the member list includes headers like "Kek God" and "Little Gringo" placed at the very top, making it feel more like a child's side project than a serious attempt at representing and unifying the OTLand community.

So yeah, if personal endorsements matter, this one has mine.

Edit:
Dear OTLand Discord channel, thanks for proving my point I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Back