Opinions for a new game development

ralke

Felipe
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if I should start a proyect of game based on Tibia. At the moment ive just made a simple render as sample of how It would look, i'm trying to make a more isometric camera to make it look more like Tibia. As soon I finish the main assets I'll start to study and figure out how to enable systems in Unity. I want to know your opinions to see what you think

The task list to start would be:
  • make the first animations of the character using stewart rig
  • create map through 3d modeling and texturing
  • start experimenting with particles to achieve the effects of some spells
  • begin the rigging and modeling of some creatures

I'll be watching your comments,
Regards, ralke...

Attachments

MikeOT

Reaction score
Looks awesome, definitely keep it up!

I would love to see how you set up that camera:)

I've been trying to figure out the easiest way to create a 3d grid system in unity that mimics tibia, but no luck so far.

Do you mind shedding some light on that for me?

Also, that perspective is exactly what I've been thinking about. What kind of camera angle is that?

OP
ralke

ralke

Felipe
Reaction score
Looks awesome, definitely keep it up!

I would love to see how you set up that camera:)

I've been trying to figure out the easiest way to create a 3d grid system in unity that mimics tibia, but no luck so far.

Do you mind shedding some light on that for me?

Also, that perspective is exactly what I've been thinking about. What kind of camera angle is that?
At the moment I just model a single square with border, then replicate it. As I know Unity use meters instead of centimeters so you have to pay attention on that by changing the Maya's grid when modeling.. For the grid there might be some solutions that I have to test first, the ideas I have on mind is to create planar geometry inside the grid squares with some material similar to aiShadowMatte (in case of Arnold Renderer) to dont show it on real time render or make Override on Primary Visibility (render stats) and finally make it reacts to OnMouseOver on Unity.

About the camera, the angle I tried is Ortographic (attribute editor - ortographic view) with a 3 point camera (create - camera - camera aim and up), so you have to set aim at character and camera in a top view, and parent it to character with a locator.

Finally to make animations work, animate from one square to other, export assets as .fbx and then time the functions (i mean Key Inputs) on Unity, once I make all this I will upload an animation render in Arnold to show if works 😁 regards and gl!

Last edited:

MikeOT

Reaction score
Ahh. Makes sense. Sounds really tricky to get right!

Good luck, I'll be keeping tabs on it for sure :)

OP
ralke

ralke

Felipe
Reaction score
yes its just a prototype, still missing a lot, retopology and uv texturing in case of models.. thanks for comment
I hope that the next post I do contains progress to begin to give a little life to the project, regards ^^