• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia's re-opening!

But good servers attract players from other servers too, not just people who don't play anything at the moment. You need to start it at the right moment though. Valhalla started after Tibianic and despite being a better server it had like max 50 players online while Tibianic had 250. So if I were you, Fribben, I would wait for a good moment to start my server. It would be good if you checked other popular servers to see if they get ddos, crash, loose many players etc.

your numbers aren't really accurate. when i returned to playing tibia i started at valhalla, at this time there was around 150 online everyday and about 10 max on tibianic (the players there ddos'ed valhalla all day long) this of course was in valhallas prime and before tibianic reset (where doom bringer or w/e was highesT)

that being said i understand your point

My numbers are from when Valhalla started. During Tibianics downtime Valhalla raised but when Tibianic went back online it was back to normal. Now I don't know anymore. But I think Valhalla had even less players when it started.

couple things that prevent certain servers from being popular are
1. low FPS
2. Across the world lag (the reason i wont start original tibia)

Bah, Medium high-rate about 7x mby, but highrate or smth higher than 7x will probably screw it up.
High rates aint anything for 7.4, more like 7.6, 7.72.

Evelyssz: It doesn't really prevent the server from becoming popular, it just limit a few players from playing, that have the opperunity to play under better FPS just by having two OSes running on their computer.

And world-across lag.. if you mean that we should make proxies so people around the world get's the same ping? No, won't invest my time in such things.

We have found some sponsors but they can play after 10 December, so keep your eyes on it.

If you guys want the server up before christmas you should consider donating now.

I'll write some information before people start to flame:

I do study in my free-time, I can't afford paying the first month since I do not have a job and I do not get that much money to live for. We've collected some money now but yet not that much to make the server get up in time. If some of you would want an exchange for the donation such as a reward in-game or such.. we can arrange that as we are using premium points and you shall receive a fair amount of premium points depending on the donation you make.

Any amount is appriecated, and if you'd like to call me a hustler, begger and so on, feel free to do so through PM's so I can simply ignore them and keep the thread clean!

2x for the last one. 3x is way to high and 1x is just stupid. 2x will reward pgers with level advantage 3x will make everyone high and 1x would make server too slow.

Back