• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~Origins: A World Apart~ (Concept|Discussion|Ideas Thread) *IMPORTANT UPDATE! 07/08*

of course i mean to have them skill shots, but of course there will be "area" spells too. of course some will be weak(ish), some will be strong, etc. there's lots of room for that to change and grow :)

There's an interesting concept Orkanite came up with, on his server there is magic dueling, in which you will need to counter the apposing player's element. It would be decently cool to have pvp being able to do that. Of course though, that in it's self is in incredible amount of scripting to do. If you want to check it out go check out Etherbank.

yup, pretty much! I use my girly charm to get peroxide to help...if you know what I mean... ;)

lmao jokes! yeah he's gunna help me with a bit of the mapping and any technical stuff he can help with whenever he has time.
805709d1370480032-should-strava-abandon-kom-dh-2790387-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Actually tibia is already fast paced game, even with the few seconds cooldowns
You can notice difference if your ping rises even mere 30ms etc
And now imagine lower cds, combo type spells etc with ping over 150ms, it would be pain in the ass as global tibia is already unplayable with such "high" delay (while in lol or wow it's still pretty fine...)

Actually tibia is already fast paced game, even with the few seconds cooldowns
You can notice difference if your ping rises even mere 30ms etc
And now imagine lower cds, combo type spells etc with ping over 150ms, it would be pain in the ass as global tibia is already unplayable with such "high" delay (while in lol or wow it's still pretty fine...)

I do agree that lower Cooldowns and Combos is probably a bad idea. (I tried this on my apocalypse server, and in the tutorial you had to complete 1 combo before advancing in the tutorial, most people quit before finishing the tutorial) lol
But there is a right way to do anything, and maybe Raisa has some ideas of how to make it easy and fun.

I hope so, cause I'd like to improve a gameplay a bit in my project too
2 sec global cd is pretty high in 1v1, but if you face multiple enemies you'd need to spam everything you got, like pressing 3-5 buttons at once all the time(@global currently I have already problems when trying to get good exp rate without too big risk, keeping recovery constatnly, spamming exura, attacks, haste, mana pots, refilling ammo, grabbing loot and skinning, everything at the same time...)
I'd love to get the ability to heal a bit slower without wasting too much but increasing dps, even with some small attacks (duno, maybe some toggle abilities like sharpshooter, drain a bit of mana every shot to greatly improve attack speed while reducing attack power and accuracy a bit? etc, in completely custom server it would be probably easier to do)

Well I remember that seeing Gamemasters just hold down a Hotkey and spam spells so that it looks like its not even animated, just still fire (or whatever animation is being used), so why can't players do the same? NO, I'M NOT SAYING THAT PLAYERS CAN DO THAT! Just something faster, like (watching Avatar Korra), quick attacking. I guess I'll figure out once I get the server running and whatnot, so for now, I'll stick to what I think is possible and I have in my head, and we'll see if it works out in the long run. Really do hope it will work out! Because yes, tibia i guess is kinda fast paced, but imagine if it could be like martial arts fast! would be epic! that adrenaline rush you would get during pvp in the Pro-Bending arena!! <3

Spamming ONE spell is way different than creating combos and countering enemies, and if you are in 1vmany then you can easy lose most of hp in one combo so you have to react instantly and here comes the latency
Get a pally and go to fenrock dls without firewalker boots, even if worst you can meet are 3 dls and 2 lil' ones you have to be insanely agile
Adn that's just pve without even ATRIFFICIAL inteligence

Imagine that few players want to kill you and are able of doing quick combos
It looks more like arcade than mmo, also you would probably need to rework mana and global exhaust system completely

I see where you're coming from, and by the way, I most likely will keep pvp strictly to just the Arena, which is a 3 on 3 team battle.
Anyways, I'll be testing it out over n over again until I find what can work and what will play well. Also changing exhaust for spells is simple, easy stuff. I've already looked into it kinda. It's not like I'm going to be making the exhaust for spells 0. And also, for combos, after completing a combo, we'll make the exhaust for that power hit higher than normal, obviously, considering it was powerful. So Combos can be looked at more as finishers kinda.
Also, about the countering/blocking spells, I was looking into that and it actually can be easy. Just make the spell spawn something solid that blocks the path to the player so missiles cant hit it? I think something like that could work.

That would seem to work if you were an earth bender. Say you cast a defensive spell, and it puts up stone walls for X amount of time, and if anyone casts a spell at you during that time, it would follow the system itself and the enemy wouldn't be able to attack since it can't go through a solid object. You will have to basically make a spell resembling the energy wall, except with a different object (Unless it's an animation in the source) I haven't looked at how updated the lua system is and it's new capabilities, but I believe it should be possible to do something similar to that. The only thing questionable is spawning a full on "object" that will disappear.

Last edited:
Everything I an worried about is just way to control everything. And all the time I forgot that you want to use classic client. It makes handplay even harder. Take my example from global and try to reproduce with classic client (moving hands from place to place, hotkeys only on function keys etc. I an using flash client and have few things even bind on mouse. And still it is pretty intense WITHOUT need to select target by moving cursor and changing hands all the time

Yeah that's true, I know what you mean, but I think some can do it. That's the way Runes used to be before tibia made botting into their clients (auto aim etc). also, people can click on the screen to move around instead of using keyboard, so I don't think it will be that difficult. i think some will master it and become really good at it!

Make sure once you have enough done you make a youtube video to show it off.

I think I might watch a little Avatar today just to try to imagine how it would be as a OT Server. lol

Oh trust me, I got many visions of ideas and map areas, and stories... Just keep in mind that it'll be quite different from the show.
Here's an example of an art piece we're going by for a city. :)

ycl9.jpg

It's been a while! Been busy, super busy, but also busy inside my head thinking up of taking this project to a whole new level. More info soon.

This looks like it will be the first heavily-story driven server I have seen.

Anyone else know of a server that is Story-Driven?

UPDATED!
Origins: a World Apart will be a very story driven server. Of course, it will be playable enough just as a game for those who want to only have fun and hunt, level up, collect items, etc, but to gain the best experience that the server can offer will be by following the immersive storyline.
The story itself will be delivered in semi-frequent updates, or "Chapters." This will allow newcomers, or later joiners, the chance to catch up to the rest of the players that may have already finished the quest thus far. That way, the story can't be completely ruined to those who want to learn the story through playing the game, whether it be alone or with (a) friend(s).
Also, the story itself can be very community driven. The actions players take during the story can have a direct effect on what will happen in the next chapter. So be careful what you choose when that time comes.

Last edited:
Back