• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OT 5v5 Team-Tournament - 100$ MONTHLY, 5vs5 tournament, free entry! 1000$ Dollar in Prices 2016!

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Hiho mortals!

So, during the Fall 2016 I will be hosting $$ cash games in the format of 'Team-tournaments' and 'race for highest-lvl'. I alone will fund the prizes and the tournament and 'race for highest lvl' is 100% free for any OTLand members. All you need to do for registration is reply here with character name. If you are not an OTLand member you will need to make a donation of 99999$ in order to register for the competitions. You can register at any time(everyone can play Argardh for free, but not compete for free. Although registering at OTLand is completely free ofcourse!)

My aim:

1, To establish a standard format of 5v5 PvP battles. We will start by trying out to every month have a 5v5 tournament inside a 50x50 arena.

2, All gaming will take place in the Realm of Argardh(8.6 Custom Map OT), so the payment I get for funding the startup of these tournaments that hopefully others carry on later is that I promote my map and server.

3, Promote the use of 0ur lovely OTLand.net Forum! I personally think we need to get more active here and make some new shit happen! We need more common projects here and also to get OT-players to post more overall. Vote more in polls, share likes/dislikes etc.

If you're interested in Playing for highest lvl:

Be the highest lvl and win 50$ paid out Paypal:Bitcoin:bank-transfer - YOUR CHOICE! Payouts every 23rd of the month! Further discussions concerning the Highest lvl rewards should be taken in this thread

If you're interested in Team Tournament:

Find 4 friends that's willing to go to death and beyond with you! Or find and fund a guild with other strays here on OTLand! Might be a 250$ Easy-Win for a Team with some good 5vs5 skills. The upcoming Team-Tournament is Reserved for Post 2 in this Thread. That post will be updated with tournament info.,

If you're interested in helping out the project as GM or help with funding, support or anything else just PM or ask away in this thread.

So, the tournaments..

During the 5-month Argardh Open-Beta with start on 23 August there will every month be a team-tournament that pays 50$ to the winning-team. A team consists of 5 characters. All teams submitting to the tournament battle it out in 5v5 or 5v5v5v5(if many teams, to make the gametime of entire tournament shorter if needed) battles.

So on September 23rd, 1 month after Open-Beta launch the 1st of 2016 Open-Tibia Team-Tournament is launched with a prize-pot of 50 $ dollars. It's a Winning-Team-Takes-it-all tournament where the 2 tournament leaders after some tournament-battles battle it out for the win inside a 50x50 tiles arena.

Winners of this Team-Tournament gets 50 $ ! Build a strong team right after launch and your team can get a total of 250$ during the Open-Beta alone, aswell as be best prepared for the Surprise at the bottom of this post!

The highest lvl-race.. The character that holds the highest lvl also gets 50 $, this is paid out every month(!), if one and the same holds the lead this means you can make 250$ of gaming just by being the highest lvl during the Open-Beta.

Want to join the project? I'm willing to let in many people as gamemasters and founders. We should help eachother out to establish this new awesome pvp-format of 5v5 battles. This way we could sooner or later have Tibias own version of a 5v5 PVP-game just like DotA or Counter-Strike(5v5 games).

It is time that the players demand this! To promote and further this process I pay those that take the first steps into Open-Tibia 5v5 Team-Tournament!

Also, I will need help with some stuff. If you're interested in helping out with any of the following just PM or reply:

Gamemaster = Non-paid job, but we have about 5 open slots and 5 as councilor/tutor aswell.

Advertiser = Preferably good english aswell as either Polish or Portugese. Job = Advertise for the $$ 'Team-Torunaments' and 'Race for highest lvl'.

And to end this already revolutionary thread I would also like to announce that when this 5-month Open-Beta is ended, during the first half of December 2016, I will hold a 1 week HIGH-RATE Last Beta that ends with a 500$ WINNER TAKES IT ALL 5v5 Team-Tournament with a Live-streamed 500$ FINALE!

This format of Battle is what I hope other servers will and can pickup later. Would it not be cool to have a rl tibia or any map for that matter with only 1 week or why not 24 hour of high-rate buildup followed with tournament games to battle for the win?

If you're not a member of OTLand.net already just sign-up and join the post with any questions or whatever but remember that you should register once you have your character name with certainty(you can also register by PM! This way your name will not be posted publicly so nobody will/can steal it! :) ).

Questions on the 5v5 Battles? Post 2..

Last edited:
5v5 TEAM TOURNAMENT 23 SEPTEMBER

Register by posting:

Team/Guildname

Character1,Character2, Character3,Character4,Character5

Registered Guilds for the 23 September 50$ 5v5 Team-Tournament:

13th-Legion

LOTS MORE INFO COMING. Here will be ALL stats on and numbers from server configs, vocations etc. This is also something we must find popular standards on.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Any information on which version this will be played on?
Argardh:Knights of Tibia is using unmodified 8.6 client and A slightly modified TFS 036-server. The rules of the game will however be slightly changed. For example: There will be some new basic spells such as 'Magic Prison' or 'Deathstorm'(Necromancers UE) but spells as this and Magic Wall will have increased Exhaustion-rates so that use of cheating-apps will not be a very important factor. + All finals of big money will be live-streamed. The Server is also using some anti-cheats and on the 500$Final in December we will have many observers so there is absolutely no reason to worry about 'cheating' or any such thing. During Open-Beta and the Final-Build-up-week Macros and bots are allowed for training, making runes etcetra but not for making experience/hunting. BoTs for PvP is also forbidden! And will as said either way, because of changed exhaustions and scripts - not be a problem. Teamfights in the Realm of Argardh and outside of the Team-Tournament-format is very different from the Arena. There will be no "No dmg to same looking feet/party" or any such noob-rules. There's not even a skullsystem, noobs.

Last edited:
Reserved for Media and Information showing different version of the arena.

If you have suggestions for map-options please post, it can be any format or shape(even 1v1).

This could be a 5v5 or 5v5v5v5, or even a free-for-all last-man-standing.

1%20(131).PNG

This map is for 2 teams, but doesn't necessarily have to be only 5. Could a guildwar ala 25 vs 25 or 10v10 or whatever. Some supplies(food and some runes) in the middle. My favourite.

1%20(132).PNG

Plan for this was originally to be a 5v5v5v5 but is suitable for any sort of battle really. My least favourite - too small and annoying.

1%20(133).PNG

Last edited:

Ay sir! added FAQ with this Q at post 2. It's 8.6 :)

EDIT:

More info on the server we will play on:
Argardh: Knights of Tibia Advertisement thread

This is the Server the tournaments and race will take place on. I'm definately interested in hosting a Super-Turbo(maybe 48h??) on an 8.6 rl-map that ends with a Team-Tournament aswell but not time to get a working rl-map atm.

Last edited:
Updated Picture-post(post2)

Give me your feedback! Or ideas of any kind related to 5v5 rules, the arena or anything similar!

Players of Tibia!

Wake up, summer is over! :p

I wonder some things:

1, Should all stairs/ladders be taken away?

2, Should each character perhaps get a few 1000 gp to buy supplies before every battle? Would make it a lot more fair to the players that's not in the best guild etc in the build-up.

3, Perhaps a team should not be allowed to re-supply between every battle? This way, if it's a tournament with 2-5 battles before the final teams would have to be much more tactical with the use of supplies. And this just like nr 2 also is good for the more casual "non-pro" player as then all you would need is to fill your carry cap with supplies once(If its a big tournament re-supplying is a must ofcourse).

I get many people will sit out on the monthly tournaments but the December-tournament will give 500$ to winning team!

Start training on 5v5 and forget all you thought you knew about "Guild pvp"! The first guild(s) will as said be rewarded(50$ a month) and the 500$ in Dec might be an easy win.. you all know that competing teams/players might be minimal because most players just go to otservlist and from there find something to login to. So, might be the easiest 500$ ever made!

This will be interesting^^

It definately COULD be interesting!

My fears are however that players and guildleaders alike are too inactive and passive to take any action and try something new. Tibia-players aren't exactly famous for breaking habits :p

It definately COULD be interesting!

My fears are however that players and guildleaders alike are too inactive and passive to take any action and try something new. Tibia-players aren't exactly famous for breaking habits :p
Well this is the market OT Servers have. You can only try your best to get players^^

Well this is the market OT Servers have. You can only try your best to get players^^

Yeap!

For the entire OT-community though I sincerely hope players step out of their playing-habits a bit here, this 5v5 format has huge potential but as said.. chances are that players just play like they always have, not even looking for something new.

We could be creating a 5v5-standard that lets us have leagues, global rankings and so much more! I will fight for this evolution psychotically as long as im active in OTs :p There is huuge potential here I just want players to see it the way I see it :/

GL with that :p

How can you use a bot without being detected if you're live-streaming? Answer that please :p

Shift + F12.

I don't think you'll find 10 tibia streamers that are willing to stream their keyboard as they play, 8.6 players actually don't play.

Shift + F12.

I don't think you'll find 10 tibia streamers that are willing to stream their keyboard as they play, 8.6 players actually don't play.

Well I think like this:

At final(500$ in dec) it will not be possible because it will be streamed and too many observers

During Open-Beta tournaments however it's not as easy to fight it. Botting will be allowed for training and making runes but no cave-botting and not in PvP. Here it will be harder to enforce, but, first off the punishment is Deletion. Perhaps even Collective punishment by deleting known affiliate accounts(with same owners). Secondly, in 5v5 format when magic walls have extended exhaustion rate would cheats actually be that effective? I sincerely doubt it. A good PvP team that have played together for some time I believe is equally or better than any team of 5 counting on apps to help them. What could you possibly accomplish with the bot in 5v5 pvp that you cannot with Teamspeak and good teamplay? It's not like the bots of the 5 cheaters are connected together right?

Sinth, please don't think you'll have "too many" observers, I think your idea to bring this kind of stuff is neat and so on, but no, Tibia community is already small, OpenTibia community is even smaller. It's also unfair to give a man a car and say it's fine for him to drive on weekends and have some fun but not when he has to go to work. (That's basically what you're saying, it's fine to train and make runes but...)

The thing is, this hasn't even gone out of paper yet, 8.6 Tibia is cursed with this "ingame-bot" already, so called hotkeys, or shall I say "botkeys"? It's just not based on skill anymore, even a 4 years old could watch the health bar and press a key when it's getting low, this requires no agilty or anything else.

Where is the money actually coming from? In the end you'll see, no one will pay 10$ to join this and then cry about other players being "unfair" and using bots around, because that's what OpenTibia community does, cry.

Anyways, I won't even discuss this further, I just wish you a goddamn luck you need to get this running, my point is just set.

Kindest Regards
Okke

Observers = Me and other gamemasters, that will be looking for this exact thing. Didn't mean a crowd of fans even though that's not unlikely IF it spreads to BR and PL-players.

I share your view on botting, hotkeys and all. But Hotkeys is a step towards better anti-cheat system because it lets everyone legally and easily use the best cheat there is which is to be able to hit your opponent at all times with sudden death-rune.
So in that sense I see 8.6 way superior to any earlier versions since now even the honest majority gets the finest of "cheats" for free. Later Tibia-versions I don't know much about, just that I don't like them :)

Money is coming from my pockets! There will be no "donations" or anything like that. I might add a donation option to those who just want to help out with funding(if i get co-workers on this project) but players will not in any way be able to buy any benefits. I just rather spend the money I put away for server-advertisement on this then to throw it all on otservlist.

Yes, you're point is set and I understand and basically agree with it. I'm just more optimistic ;) The final battles will not have any cheaters, of this I feel almost certain. And yes, as we've all said luck will be needed to get this running :p

Luck and a small awakening among the players..

Well I think like this:

At final(500$ in dec) it will not be possible because it will be streamed and too many observers

During Open-Beta tournaments however it's not as easy to fight it. Botting will be allowed for training and making runes but no cave-botting and not in PvP. Here it will be harder to enforce, but, first off the punishment is Deletion. Perhaps even Collective punishment by deleting known affiliate accounts(with same owners). Secondly, in 5v5 format when magic walls have extended exhaustion rate would cheats actually be that effective? I sincerely doubt it. A good PvP team that have played together for some time I believe is equally or better than any team of 5 counting on apps to help them. What could you possibly accomplish with the bot in 5v5 pvp that you cannot with Teamspeak and good teamplay? It's not like the bots of the 5 cheaters are connected together right?

How are you going to prove someone is botting in PVP on an 8.6 with an inbuild aimbot?

Back