• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OT Flash Client (Would you use it?)

Would you use a Flash Client to play OT Servers?

• Total voters

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
If there was a flash client that you could connect to almost any OT with, would you use it? Or do you prefer to have a downloaded client?

Let me know, I am actually curious because so many people prefer to use the normal tibia client.

When you play Cipsofts Tibia do you use their flash client? Or do you download it?

I like to consider Flash an expired technology, something that I would avoid even considering.
There really isn't any strong argument to use Flash as a client to a game.

Flash is a horrible piece of **** and should die!

I prefer the downloadable client rather then the flash one :p

CIP has said that they're working on a new client which will most likely come out with the steam release, let's wait for that and see if there's any point in making it work for OTS. The flash client is just a waste of time.

CIP has said that they're working on a new client which will most likely come out with the steam release, let's wait for that and see if there's any point in making it work for OTS. The flash client is just a waste of time.

Source :p? (Link or image please)

I'd rather go with a javascript client! :D
Should be possible since there is socket libraries. And the performance of javascript has been improved quite significantly the past years.
I wonder which libraries would be most appealing to use to create the client. meteor.js? Or just go clean socket.io for the networking?

Flash is as good as expired these days, more and more people want to move away from it now.

I think it's not worth starting a client in flash, but I have some points to make here:

- The Cip launched the client flash ahead of time, full of bugs. Definitely leaving a bad impression about the flash client.
- Today Tibia is moved by Bot. Most people don't play with flash client because the bot does not work on it.
- Flash is not just a browser plugin. League of Legends is a flash client.

Ok ok I shouldn't of said Flash, I should of said Web-Based Client.

My point is, wouldn't it be nice to be able to play any OT from any location, as well as casting anyone else playing any OT from any location.

Totally agree with @Znote .. And yes, and web-based client would be really cool, and go for JavaScript with all its libraries :)

Ok ok I shouldn't of said Flash, I should of said Web-Based Client.

My point is, wouldn't it be nice to be able to play any OT from any location, as well as casting anyone else playing any OT from any location.

Oh hell yes, if you can do such thing, it'd be used by a lot of people. You could use HTML5's Canvas and some JS stuff (like Znote said).

Source :p? (Link or image please)

2013 - A Retrospective (look near the bottom)

There have been numerous Tweets by Craban regarding the topic of a new client as well.
I think he did an interview and talked about it too. Did not bother searching for them, a www.tibia.com official reveal should be enough.

Honestly, I think the OTServList should be built into the client. Then you just choose a server from the list of ALL Ot servers, and it goes to a account manager for that server and/or has the choice to log in with 1/1

Honestly, I think the OTServList should be built into the client. Then you just choose a server from the list of ALL Ot servers, and it goes to a account manager for that server and/or has the choice to log in with 1/1
If somebody would make a javascript tibia github client, I would help out by adding the feature to create an account with the client itself. :)
So if they pick an ot server they want to play, click create account, it would connect to their web API and create the account for you within the client.

Now you're getting somewhere with great ideas...

Back