• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Configuration OT Server, Which,How & Why?

Took the necessary procedure's to port forwarding, however only one i can't get to open is 7171

Question. I cant create a new database. It says "Inga Privilegier.

hey it all worked except the thing that when i do everything on config.lua and click X and click on yes that i want to save it doesnt save just creates a config.lua file And where do i click to open serv? if you could show a screenie of it :) thats all

hey it all worked except the thing that when i do everything on config.lua and click X and click on yes that i want to save it doesnt save just creates a config.lua file And where do i click to open serv? if you could show a screenie of it :) thats all

Sorry but I didn't get your question.

Question. I cant create a new database. It says "Inga Privilegier.
Means exactly what it says, no privileges.

FAQ

• I can enter the server but my friends can't, whats wrong?
    First check that you wrote the right external IP, get it from; cmsGear powered website - Your IP is: 83.226.185.245
    If you got the right IP, it's probably the ports which are closed.
    If you don't have a router go to the Windows Firewall part else go to the router part.
  • I have a router and I did the router step but the server still can't be accessed, what should I do?
    Then do the Windows Firewall tutorial also.
  • I've done everything to try to open port 80 but still it wont open, what can I do?
    Well you can make listen to another post instead, go to this tutorial:http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=142517

Windows Firewall - Open Ports
This will explain how to open ports in the Windows Firewall.
  • Go to the Control Panel and click on the Firewall icon.
  • You should now see this, I'm sorry that it's in swedish, but it looks the same in every language;
  • Now click on exceptions and then Add port, just check the pic;
  • A window will appear asking for a name and port, enter a aame, doesn't matter which and then enter a port in the port field.
    Needed ports;
    • MYSQL - 3306
    • Apache - 80
    • Server - Chosen port (usually 7171)

Example;

• Now just click OK, and the port will be opened, do this again until you have added all needed ports.
  • Now they should be opened, start your server and go and check if they are open at; Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router and check the needed ports.
  • Now your done :)

Router- Open Ports

• Go to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall and search for your router there are a lot of tutorials on how to open the ports on routers, if you don't find your router keep reading.
  • So you didn't find your router eh?, OK no problems, just go to 192.168.0.1
    and login if required.
  • I can't be of any big help here but try to find something named portfarward,ports,firewall or advanced.
    Until you find the right section.
  • When you have found it, just add the ports and to which computer they are for (if required), it's usually very simple to do.
  • Now start the server and test if they are open at; Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router
    If they aren't, check the Windows Firewall tutorial also.
    Or that you don't got a anti virus firewall.

Thanks for approval! :)
I got a little info from the wiki, so some of the credits go to the people who wrote the articles :)

-*My Response*-
Who in their right minds would even use Windows Firewall on a Server? Also, I found that that program was bogus on my router. I had the exact model and program version as the program, but it kept producing errors. So I manually did all of that on my own.

-*My Response*-
Who in their right minds would even use Windows Firewall on a Server? Also, I found that that program was bogus on my router. I had the exact model and program version as the program, but it kept producing errors. So I manually did all of that on my own.

Why wouldn't you use it? :S

Sorry if that last post was rude, having issues with getting my server online at the moment. The reason why I said that is because the firewall for Windows XP can be hacked easily, I'm using another firewall and modified it so that the server is a trusted application and the ports 7171 and 7172 are open for communication. I'm going to go back to TFS 3.x because 5 only has a sqlite database, and I do much better with mysql for some odd reason. Could it be that XAMPP actually supports mysql? :S

And yes, I strongly believe in the first rule of the internet "Nothing is safe" that's why I normally run the Windows XP and another software firewall combined with a hardware firewall. I think the only other issue that I need to resolve is with my ISP, for they did not give me the username and password to my router. Every time you try to connect to my website it says that you need to enter Netopia 2000 username and password to continue to the website. Other than that all I have to do is fix the issue of my connections being rejected (blaming that on the ISP too).

Anyways, I still like your tutorial. It's perfect for newbies (I'm one myself, lol) and should stay on the fourm.... and bumped for all eternety! XD

so I will do it for you this time:

B U M P

Hey, thanks for the tuto, but i have one question. Whats the difference between 0.2.x and 0.3.x?

Back