• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OTBM loader] Failed to load item (ID)

LIINDI

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Been trying to solve this for a couple of days now.. Im trying to start my own 7.72/7.4 server but i'm stuck at trying to find a map that works..

Currently im trying to get an old Mastercores 7.4 map to work that i found in some data pack here.

Error:
FATAL: [OTBM loader] [x:32188, y:31624, z:4] Failed to load item 2229.
:: Loading map from: data/data/world/world.otbm OTBM
FATAL: [OTBM loader] Could not open the file data/data/world/world.otbm.

I read somewhere that it could be caused by not having the same server items as the one that's being loaded from the OTBM but i have checked and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Before this item id error i had another one which was meat.. so i manually removed all of those which took some time.. Then that one got solved and i got a new error which is the current one: 2229..
Also tried upgrading the map to 7.6 and it still won't load.

Would really appreciate some input here so i can proceed!

PS. I've searched around alot on this error but can't find any solution to it.

I had this problem a few times. Make sure you're using the same items.otb in both your server and map editor. If that doesn't solve it for you, try open up a new empty map, then use the "import map" function in the map editor, select your map and save. Won't promise you anything but this has worked for me in the past.

I had this problem a few times. Make sure you're using the same items.otb in both your server and map editor. If that doesn't solve it for you, try open up a new empty map, then use the "import map" function in the map editor, select your map and save. Won't promise you anything but this has worked for me in the past.

Worked.

Thank you fellow swede!

Facing another issue now which is that wooden railing sprite is missing in client but not in RME.. Tried replacing the sprites i use inside my OTC and make sure it's the correct ID with correct SPR but it's still not showing.. Tried using the a regular edited tibia client and that one showed the sprite perfectly fine.. Seems to be an issue with my client however i am already using the exact same sprites used in the regular client i tried. It's very strange.

Any clues on that?

Seems weird that it would work in the original client and not in the OTC given that the same spr and dat is used, but unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with OTC so I can't help you there.

Seems weird that it would work in the original client and not in the OTC given that the same spr and dat is used, but unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with OTC so I can't help you there.

Yeah it's very strange.

Back