• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTCi - OTClient improvement project

How did you guys find this company "Bit Hit Studio" in the first place and what makes you think you can trust it?

I have found this website Bit Hit – Video Game Development Outsourcing (https://bithitstudio.com) and facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bithitstudio/, this "company" is from Brazil. Thanks to the exchange rate $1k usd translates into R$3750 which may explain why its cheaper than expected(still 3750 is not enough for such amount of work).

If you make the git repository public where we can see the work being done i will make a donation. Otherwise for now its "hey, donate this money to me so i can pay for this company to do the optimizations which only i have access".

Last edited:
I have found this website Bit Hit – Video Game Development Outsourcing (https://bithitstudio.com) and facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bithitstudio/, this "company" is from Brazil. Thanks to the exchange rate $1k usd translates into R$3750 which may explain why its cheaper than expected(still 3750 is not enough for such amount of work).

If you make the git repository public where we can see the work being done i will make a donation. Otherwise for now its "hey, donate this money to me so i can pay for this company to do the optimizations which only i have access".

Effectively mate, that's right. I think the same.

Why doesn't simply make commits at main otclient repository?
That i can't agree. Its better to do on a fork otherwise it will be harder to use the optimizations thanks to the burocracy/no maintainer in otclient.

That i can't agree. Its better to do on a fork otherwise it will be harder to use the optimizations thanks to the burocracy/no maintainer in otclient.
There are still active maintainers we can get in touch with. @Summ and @Iryont look active to me. If not, I'm sure we can try to get in touch with @edubart to appoint new maintainers with write access. Forking should be a last resort.

There are still active maintainers we can get in touch with. @Summ and @Iryont look active to me. If not, I'm sure we can try to get in touch with @edubart to appoint new maintainers with write access. Forking should be a last resort.
We've been trying to get a hold of Summ for over 2 weeks he's just too busy to deal with it and Peonso sent a email to edubart with no reply for a while and he also was contacting another maintainer, it's just not working out. Maybe you would have better luck getting responses from people considering your status.

I dont belive Adrick. He really loves money. He put anti ad block on his server site. Be careful guys. I can donate for public project, but never for adrick

You need to make things clear, what is the background of this company? I did a basic search and only found outdated information, also sent them a EMAIL and got no response yet. Maybe company is different but its the only one i did found.
If you want people to be engaged in it, start a public repository where everyone can see changes being made, not a private shady one.
Things can be done also by patreon by steps. Hit 500$ then X improvement is done, company can break things up for us and also we will need deadlines, you know we are paying, nothing here is for free.
Im willing to donate but not in current way, sorry.
Did they answer your email? I thought about sending one since the topic owner did not yet answered our questions.

Hello.
Yesterday Nilan checked the amount of FPS in different cases.
It will help us, and maybe you too:
Items on the screen without animation:
0 items: 485~
5 items: 440-450~
8+ items (max): 340-375~

Items on the screen with animation:
0 items: 485~
5 items: 440-450~
8+ items (max): 340-375~

Monsters on the screen (32x32):
0 monsters: 540~
full screen of monsters with battle window closed: 340~
full screen of monsters with battle window opened: 200~

Monsters on the screen (64x64):
0 monsters: 540~
full screen of monsters with battle window closed: 340~
full screen of monsters with battle window opened: 200~

Missiles do not have such an effect on FPS as items.
Conclusion:
- The size of monsters is not that important.
- Items have a big impact on FPS.
- Monsters have a big impact on FPS.

Today I have improved getSpectators() function.
These functions you can find in otclient/src/client/map.cpp in various versions.

If someone browses the OTClient code, he already knows that this function required changes, which were suggested by the comment in the code. This function is used in battle module, so I believe that this will positively affect on using this module but this change requires more tests.
Soon Nilan will test the "Monsters on the screen" point again with my getSpectators() function and I will tell you if it works well.

I also contacted the company. They are at the stage of code analysis. It takes time... however, I understand that OTClient requires time - the OTClient learning process is not easy.

Yeah idk why you're avoiding answering the important questions here, you're not going to get donations without providing these details that everyone clearly needs in order to feel comfortable donating.

Yesterday Nilan checked the amount of FPS in different cases.
Even if I ignore that this project looks like a scam for now, it doesn't make sense why you seem to put so much focus on fps???

Sure, OTC does indeed have performance issues in the code but Tibia is not an animation heavy game! 60 fps is more than enough & unless you play on a toaster you can have a constant 60+ fps on current OTC.
There are bigger issues that should take priority over something that doesn't negatively affect the gameplay for the vast majority if not all otc users.

As Buttface Donkey says you can have constant 60 fps so I dont see any reason to upgrade the FPS + Im pretty sure most of you guys does not have a monitor which allows you to have more than 60 fps so its pointless in all ways.

When I first laid my eyes upon this thread, I thought that this were a great initiative to further improve OTC that we know today but it seems like I were wrong.

How did you even come across the company known as Bit Hit Studio in the first place, and why are you deliberately avoiding these folks questions? :p

When I first laid my eyes upon this thread, I thought that this were a great initiative to further improve OTC that we know today but it seems like I were wrong.

How did you even come across the company known as Bit Hit Studio in the first place, and why are you deliberately avoiding these folks questions? :p
1548180116061.png

On Topic: My concern always was with 2 things, the amount of money being requested (seemed far, far, far too low, unless done at a very low standard, I know what we've been quoted by several groups, all within a similar range, and it was alot more than $1500). Again, It's not that I dont believe they were quoted $1500, rather that maybe the quality delivered will be substantially below part. My second concern being the person leading this, there are a handful of people on this forum that if I saw them organizing this project, I would of donated quickly to this endeavour.

I'll still be keeping tabs on this, I hope to be exceptionally proven wrong, because it would be great for the community, but ultimately the issue lies with this project likely requiring multiples of that initial budget quote to be done to a high standard, and that's alot of money to be raised by a small group of this community who are willing to donate said money, that will then be released for free (Which is what should happen).

What would be ideal is someone who understands these issues to a high level, and the optomization process of said issues, leads this, with the support of ideally our forum admin (who I know is very busy, but maybe he is able to offer some time towards it out of good will) and have an actual forum wide fundraiser, potentially offering simply badges for tiered support, maybe even earlier access to the improvements over non-donators.

Just some ideas i'm throwing out there, they definitly may have flaws/disagreement, but I believe this would be a better execution if we actually as a community want this done right.

I havn't had my covfefe yet.

Back