• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient 1.0 (Release)

DEVS ARE ON A ROLL! Commits are on fire! TFS 1.5 has really taken off, thanks to the many who are making these things possible (12+ support)! We now have a server, and a client for 12+, very exciting time! Thanks @Mehah for keeping the grind going on this client, regardless of what anyone thinks, im very thankful to have an open sourced OT Client! and special thanks to @Nekiro for the 12+ support! I'm very happy to see such a boom in progress this last year and that it hasn't slowed down this year, only gained steam! Great work guys!

it's because you didn't see the discussion in a issue of the repository of him calling everyone a monkey.
I never called you or anyone else there anything until a random BR appeared days later and called me a "random nobody clown animal/monkey that should go back in his cage" who was mindlessly trying to defend your behavior without any arguments or observations and just blindly taking sides.
Since all he was doing was hurl insults and spam thumb down emotes everywhere, yeah I hurled some insults back.
You can find his comment here showing clearly who started with the insults.
And yeah I had been rude to you before that (in the last git issue only), because you were being rude, dismissive, lying to my face which wasted my time and broke my patience, but I hadn't called you anything, and in fact have still not called you anything except for a liar, which you are.

Nobody has been asked to donate or pay anything, nor they should, but of course donations and an active and helpful community help to keep contributors engaged.
That's not quite true, he said he would not fix light issues for free in the git issue I made.
I didn't actually mind and had already prepared to donate $50 to him for a fix, but if you look carefully mehah didn't seem to even understand the issue even though he hardheadedly thought he did, and was even convinced and told me that he has already fixed it and spent all his time trying to convince me that it was already fixed instead of trying to understand the issue, or if he really is convinced it's fixed, to demonstrate that in a proper way because it's a relatively complicated issue to understand (medium hard, so I expected more of him, but it's still an issue above most newbies' heads).

Here's him asking for money for light fixes:
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d533775416a6f2e706e67

You can even see him trying to fix the issue after all of this drama yesterday when he wrote this.
But in actual fact he didn't fix the issue, this isn't the solution.

At the same time, Mehah has no obligation to keep working on this forever nor to do anything (especially custom things for specific distros people want to use with his version of the client)
The movement (D)DoS bug wasn't anything custom, I used the clean downgraded 1.3 TFS to version 7.72 by Nekiro, nothing modified.
It sounds like you agree with me that he's not interested in working with any other protocol version than the newest version?
I think he should make that clearer if that's the case.
And btw, if he isn't gonna "work on" (JUST NOT BREAK) older protocol versions, maybe he shouldn't post in my thread about 7.72/8.6 Tibia in the first place telling me I will have his support?
lEHICoX.png

Perhaps the confusion all started when @Source didn't understood what Mehah was saying, you see, Mehah doesn't speak a good english and he rely on google translate most of the time so that's why his sentences are short and sometimes with multiple interpretations. He said, including in the github and the threads he posted here that the logic of diagonal moving was not standard and he would try to understand why this was causing conflicts with OTC but he would advise for you to try and move to a standard solution that would work better (and it would also be faster for both). He said if this was not an easy task, he could do as a freelance to try and fix it especifically for your case probably involving fixes on both ends (server and client).
Well, I wasn't using anything custom, and I didn't want his help because I didn't want to use his client to begin with, he asked me to use his client so I felt invited to help him out with posting bugs, I only posted issues because I wanted to help him with fixing his client even though it doesn't benefit me, but all these issues proved to me is that he isn't interested in fixing most things he himself breaks, and he's in my opinion very unprofessional, and I'm talking about attitude here even more than technical skill, but I also don't think the client is reliable because of his changes.

I believe you've made some great contributions to the client, such as optimizing a lot of lua code (even though I think it's less readable now, I believe you that these changes probably optimized the client), so far from what I've seen from mehah himself I can't say the same about him, I'm not gonna lie, but like I said best luck with the project, and I mean that, even after all of the toxic messages and manipulation in github trying to act like the victim and vilification of me for being honest and losing my "nice mask" for once.

Now, I think this is a huge opportunity for us to try and understand how badly designed our sources are, because @Source is saying the client is the problem but in my personal opinion the source itself should be able to better handle multiple requests without having to kick the player for packet flooding. Why it simply doesnt cap the requests and limit the read for this particular player?
Thank you, that was my only point about that issue.
... Actually, your language is a bit confusing here. When you say "the source" are you referring to me or mehah's otclient sources?
If you're talking about me you should just say source or @Source, not "the source", unless you think of me as royalty, in which case I appreciate it.
It doesn't matter whether you kick a player at 100+pps or not, it's still a (D)DoS attack, the server isn't designed to receive 100+ data packets from a single client every single second, I'm not talking about other network packets here such as SYN, SYN+ACK, ACK etc packets, I'm talking about PSH/data packets only here, that's a (D)DoS attack.

Moving back to @Source comments, perhaps he has a bad understanding that the project is a final product. It not only isn't but it also SHOULDN'T.
It's been developed, revamped, rewritten and optimized. Those things take time and builds can break, and that is completely fine!
We are not doing anything here for work, we don't have environments and production and pre-production environments, it's the job of the person running a server to actually worry about this, not the devs!
I'm not sure what you're saying here. It's not mehah or other developers problems if the client is broken and other people use it?
Well, if the client is broken you probably shouldn't advertise it and pretend you're a hero for having started the project and pretend there's no issues.
It's not about the product being final, I just think mehah both acted very unprofessionally and has poorly designed the client so that it's likely to break very easily compared with original otclient, I think users of this client should be aware of that, that's all.

At the end, he realized that for his custom purpose the otc1.0 wasn't the best fit, even though he said in the github that he fixed the error in less than 30 minutes and wouldn't share the solution...
No custom purpose, lol, just not newest protocol, I used clean downgraded TFS 1.3 by Nekiro.
And yes I wouldn't release light issue for free, just like he told me that he won't release the fix for free either.
Why are you trying to be two-faced about this? Just admit it and accept it that there's nothing wrong with not releasing a fix to somebody who themselves want money to fix it.
Read the bottom of his comment here
now... if I stop to try to replicate the lighting system like ciptsoft, unfortunately it won't be free.

If he had acted professionally, not been rude, not tried to explain away issues, not blamed vanilla TFS 1.3 for being the issue instead of his client, and not wasted my time with this light issue by lying to my face over and over, I might have released the fix for free EVEN THOUGH mehah wouldn't, he said it himself HE wants money for it.
But after I created this issue 195 and saw how mehah and some supporter of the project behaved, I'm completely uninterested in supporting this project in any way in the future, including fixing light issues.
It's also very ironic to me how you talk about voluntary this, voluntary that, free choice, but you're trying to imply that I am obliged to release a light issue fix for free when even Mehah himself said he won't?
Do you have double standards for everything or just me?

Also if you take a look at edubart's otclient I have committed issues for free, and if I didn't have a problem with Diath gatekeeping the repository, I would post more commits there for free, I already tried to add two commits to edubart's otclient that was rejected, 1) Nekiro's fix to make OTC compatible out of the box and 2) Add encryption that I paid a freelancer to make, released for free (first free and open source public release of encryption for OTClient ever).
But Diath rejected both commits on very weak grounds (he thinks cryptography is "anti-open-source", so I guess he prefers criminals to steal and reuse people's artwork etc, so I've stopped trying to contribute to that repo.

Bottom line is do whatever you want, just don't lie and manipulate and blame everyone else when you have an issue and try to make yourself a hero for releasing something public, that's really poor leadership and sportsmanship, just do whatever makes you happy and be honest about the fact that the projects you work on makes you happy, you're not Gandhi for releasing an open source project, especially when it's barely functional and you don't even make it clear for example that you will not make fixes for (or you are happy to break compatibility with) all other protocols than the latest Tibia protocol. That's just dishonest in my opinion. Gratz on the v12+ though and good luck.

Cheers.

Last edited:
A quick "warning" about this rule, mainly to @Source and @Mehah

It's great to see this project moving forwards, but if you guys have any personal issues you need to discuss do it via PM and not via this thread.

@Source can you link to your actual contributions? And downgraded TFS 1.3 is not vanilla.

I never called you or anyone else there anything until...
doesn't matter, just don't. lol

As soon as you do, no one will want to help you and you're as bad as anyone else that does and you lose all credibility. Especially if you're going to be racist.

No one is interested in "who started it", no one wants to hear it -- at all --. So, whilst it looks like a nice novel you wrote, tl;dr

Very cool.

I may look into trying this OTClient again for my 7.4 server.

Last time I opened and build it, it would log in and "work", but after walkin around for bit, assets would start to wig out and would eventually crash.

I've just not committed much time to updating it, and focused on keeping everything working in the original/tibria client as much as possible.

doesn't matter, just don't. lol

As soon as you do, no one will want to help you and you're as bad as anyone else that does and you lose all credibility. Especially if you're going to be racist.
You're legit making up quotes now, like I said I never called mehah anything except for a liar.

Maybe make sure you've read what's actually said before trying to TL;DR and making up fake quotes and then projecting your own insecurities other onto people, I know you make a ton of support threads, I don't, I don't need anyone's help or support, never have never will and you should maybe rethink your philosophy "it's bad to fight back! if someone punches at you, run and cry for mommy!", because that's not healthy if you're planning on ever going outside your little room and not holding your parents hands.

@Source can you link to your actual contributions? And downgraded TFS 1.3 is not vanilla.
I'm not going to have a semantic argument with you when it's clearly not welcome here. All I'll say is it's not custom either, OTClient supports all protocols by default, OTClient1.0 broke this compatibility, that's what's custom.

I already linked to my main (not all) PR's to OTClient, find the rest yourself, it's not my job to make a CV for you to approve of me, approval I don't care about in general, and I don't like you either due to our encounter in an earlier thread where you were legit just trolling and calling Diath autistic instead of trying to have a reasonable conversation like a normal human being with basic social skills.

Pce.

I'm not going to have a semantic argument with you when it's clearly not welcome here. All I'll say is it's not custom either, OTClient supports all protocols by default, OTClient1.0 broke this compatibility, that's what's custom.

I already linked to my main (not all) PR's to OTClient, find the rest yourself, it's not my job to make a CV for you to approve of me, approval I don't care about in general, and I don't like you either due to our encounter in an earlier thread where you were legit just trolling and calling Diath autistic instead of trying to have a reasonable conversation like a normal human being with basic social skills.

Pce.

Yeah. Just what I thought. I could not find not even one sensible contribution you did and just wanted to verify, since you've told @Mehah that your "contributions" don't need multiple fixes after. I am not surprised, because no contributions = no fixes.

The thing is, @Mehah is sparing his free time developing something for people to use. We all can see his contributions, whether it's high quality or not does not really matter, it's free, if you don't like it, just don't use it 🤷‍♂️. On the other side, we have you. You, who is just everywhere praising himself with your nonsense and imaginary contributions and great benchmarking skills.

By the way, I know @Diath for more than 15 years now, I believe. I know he is autistic, just like me 😎.

First of all, thank you so much for all you work Mehah, this client is amazing! Programming my own OT is a highly appreciated hobby of mine that would not be possible without the work of all the wonderful people of this community.

With that out of the way, I have a problem with the latest release. The entire screen goes blurry and weird. I don't know what the cause is, and the lua terminal shows nothing to indicate what the problem is.

Anyone but me having these problems with the newest release? (I compiled it today, Windows x64)
And also, ofc, anyone know how to fix?

Attachments

Last edited:
First of all, thank you so much for all you work Mehah, this client is amazing! Programming my own OT is a highly appreciated hobby of mine that would not be possible without the work of all the wonderful people of this community.

With that out of the way, I have a problem with the latest release. The entire screen goes blurry and weird. I don't know what the cause is, and the lua terminal shows nothing to indicate what the problem is.

Anyone but me having these problems with the newest release? (I compiled it today, Windows x64)
And also, ofc, anyone know how to fix?

try last revision.

Yeah. Just what I thought. I could not find not even one sensible contribution you did and just wanted to verify, since you've told @Mehah that your "contributions" don't need multiple fixes after.
I am not surprised, because no contributions = no fixes.
Then you're not listening, I already mentioned two main PR's I submitted, doesn't matter if they weren't accepted, they were still released and they're still considered contributions (just because someone you give a gift to doesn't accept the gift doesn't mean you didn't buy them a gift).

There's also another very minor 3rd contribution that was actually accepted. Nekiro's patch and my minor commit was just tests to see if Diath would accept any PR's at all (if he had accepted them, or explained himself, I would make more commits/contributions), he rejected 2 of 3 PR's so I stopped trying to make contributions, you can try all you want but you can't blame that on me when he doesn't even explain himself.

Anyway, you're going too far off topic / keep focusing on me when mods told us to stop, create a new thread in chitchat or something if you want to continue this, this isn't the right place to ask me 50 questions and try to make this about me when it was about mehah.
I don't understand why you're trying to make this about me in the first place when the criticism was about mehah/otclient1.0.

By the way, I know @Diath for more than 15 years now, I believe. I know he is autistic, just like me 😎.
Alright, well at least we agree on something.

Last edited:
Anyway, you're going too far off topic / keep focusing on me when mods told us to stop, create a new thread in chitchat or something if you want to continue this, this isn't the right place to ask me 50 questions and try to make this about me when it was about mehah.
PS: I don't know why you're trying to make my criticism about me in the first place, am I not allowed to criticize someone without you trying to jump down my throat and ask me a million questions and if I refuse to answer one question 100 times because you won't listen the 99 first times then you declare victory? Is this all you do, 4000 posts just being like this?

You say this... then immediately call someone autistic....

Just stop, dude. You are the only one writing paragraphs of shit like this.... Only you. Stop.

You say this... then immediately call someone autistic....
He called himself autistic, I agreed.
You shouldn't be complaining about insults when I saw you in the realots thread calling all of reddit retarded just a day ago.
Looks like your post was understandably deleted, but I don't know why you of all people try to cry about insults after saying something like that.
For your next reply please save it and create a thread in chitchat instead and tag me if you really want to.

Then you're not listening, I already mentioned two main PR's I submitted, doesn't matter if they weren't accepted, they were still released and they're still considered contributions (just because someone you give a gift to doesn't accept the gift doesn't mean you didn't buy them a gift).

There's also another very minor 3rd contribution that was actually accepted. Nekiro's patch and my minor commit was just tests to see if Diath would accept any PR's at all (if he had accepted them, or explained himself, I would make more commits/contributions), he rejected 2 of 3 PR's so I stopped trying to make contributions, you can try all you want but you can't blame that on me when he doesn't even explain himself.

Ok. But where are YOUR contributions? The only bigger one was that poor encryption thing that you did not do, you paid for it ($18 IIRC) and I don't mean only OtClient I mean any contributions, wherever. You come everywhere REQUESTING a fix because something is not working like YOU would want it to, being toxic, then saying you fixed it in X minutes.

You consider adding __has_include, to a project not supporting it, a contribution. You compare your one line changes to @Mehah's job on the client. Alright. You just puke that wall of text in each of your posts that brings in nothing. You think of yourself very high, but you're low. Have a good rest of the evening, or day, or whatever it is for you now. Bye!

@Source I suppose you already expressed your thoughts towards otclient 1.0 / @Mehah codes.

I think this is enough for this topic. We all understand your point, even though we (most) disagree with you, this is not the place to discuss it.

Please keep this thread for updates regarding otclient 1.0

I have updated my OTClient with the latest commits, and must say, great work!!! I think that the issues are getting tracked better now that more people uses this client, the client feels much more complete now (I haven't updated the sources in like 2 months?). Thanks for sharing all this!! I'm gratefull and really having fun playing my server on this client.

1644196307298.png

Last edited:
Anyone else have a problem opening backpacks and other windows with latest sources?

Back