• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Graphics Discussion (Anyone out there more knowledgeable than me?)

I'll just quote my own post :D
[...]OTClient NEEDS some kind of graphical progress and evolution with either generating more visible titles or switching to 64x64 sprites. [...]
Like I said somewhere else, OTClient with slightly better(64x64+) 2D graphics has the potential of becoming relatively known standalone Tibia-inspired project and “RPG-maker”. Display’s resolutions are getting bigger and amount of people who tolerate “stretched” gamed window is getting smaller.
...and put link to this recent thread: bloodstone a brazilian mmorpg "like" tibia
...as an example of thing I wrote about some time ago. I my opinion this is the only reasonable path of future development of OtClient project or even OTS community in general.
Instead of discussing much general correlation between graphics and popularity of game, all of you went deep into deep rabbit hole of more or less specific/professional talk about programming stuff, stability, performance, etc. completely forgetting that the first thing you need is good idea of your future goal. Games are products and products must be appealing. The appearance/look of game is the most important factor. This should be the main talking point of this thread. Not programming stuff.

I'll just quote my own post :D

...and put link to this recent thread: bloodstone a brazilian mmorpg "like" tibia
...as an example of thing I wrote about some time ago. I my opinion this is the only reasonable path of future development of OtClient project or even OTS community in general.
Instead of discussing much general correlation between graphics and popularity of game, all of you went deep into deep rabbit hole of more or less specific/professional talk about programming stuff, stability, performance, etc. completely forgetting that the first thing you need is good idea of your future goal. Games are products and products must be appealing. The appearance/look of game is the most important factor. This should be the main talking point of this thread. Not programming stuff.

That project or game looks fantastic. Sadly, this community is partially dead and I doubt someone will waste time on OTC and share with the rest of us

Did someone fixed the performance of light system, or at least a ideia on how doing it so?

@tarjei / @Fenrisus
Could you help me?

Last edited:
Any news? After two+ years maybe a lot of new stuff became and maybe someone has something say or even to contribute now

Back