• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Won't save hotkeys & settings.

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have compiled OTC on OSX 10.11 and using xQuartz to launch the client.
But whenever i restart it, none of the settings or hotkeys are preserved. What can be done in this case?

I have compiled OTC on OSX 10.11 and using xQuartz to launch the client.
But whenever i restart it, none of the settings or hotkeys are preserved. What can be done in this case?

I saw this issue before, and if it's the same thing that used to happen to me, then it's not about the hotkey system itself but about your options file in general. There is an error somewhere in it which stops it from executing properly. My error was related to the option which enables the showing of Mana Bar, so I had to disable that option because my OTC came with an incomplete Mana Bar feature.

Check your terminal after you start the client and see if there are any errors, that should give you a clue.

I saw this issue before, and if it's the same thing that used to happen to me, then it's not about the hotkey system itself but about your options file in general. There is an error somewhere in it which stops it from executing properly. My error was related to the option which enables the showing of Mana Bar, so I had to disable that option because my OTC came with an incomplete Mana Bar feature.

Check your terminal after you start the client and see if there are any errors, that should give you a clue.

This is the only error I am getting when I start up the client
Code:
ERROR: Unable to create write directory '/Users/snavy/.otclient': unsupported

nevermind; yeah its problem with a fork

This is the only error I am getting when I start up the client
Code:
ERROR: Unable to create write directory '/Users/snavy/.otclient': unsupported
Well there's kinda a hint to your problem. OTC by default saves configuration files (which contain hotkeys, recent chats, minimap mark settings, options settings, etc.) and minimap files in /Users/<name>/, and when you start the client, it tries to load them from here. According to your error, it is not able to create files properly, so it may be a permission issue with your Windows.

Try to run otclient as administrator, or even better, go to this folder /Users/snavy and check permissions for this folder with Right Click -> Properties -> Security. You should see stuff like this for each user, make sure you give the OTC user the proper permissions to write here:

AZHhi8r.png

Well there's kinda a hint to your problem. OTC by default saves configuration files (which contain hotkeys, recent chats, minimap mark settings, options settings, etc.) and minimap files in /Users/<name>/, and when you start the client, it tries to load them from here. According to your error, it is not able to create files properly, so it may be a permission issue with your Windows.

Try to run otclient as administrator, or even better, go to this folder /Users/snavy and check permissions for this folder with Right Click -> Properties -> Security. You should see stuff like this for each user, make sure you give the OTC user the proper permissions to write here:

AZHhi8r.png
he's running it from Mac OSX

he's running it from Mac OSX

Oh... that's embarrassing. My bad, forgot that he said that at the start of the post.
In that case, I have no idea how you'd go about doing what I said since I never used Mac, but I presume there must be some sort of permission control on that system as well, so looking that up would be a good place to start for OP.

he'll either need to do following:

1) create sym links for environmentals that will point to /home/user or /users/ etc.
2) edit/create fork that will point to correct enviromentals for the user.

how do i change the location folder to for example save it in modules and read it from that folder?

Back