• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient

Guxi

Developer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to build the latest OTClient with Visual Studio 2015.
I'm not a C++ programmer and I rarerly compile anything, which made this challenging for me. After several hours of grinding through tutorials and troubleshooting I finally managed to 'build'.

Firstly, Build output throws bunch of these:
libeay32.lib(cryptlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(cryptlib.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Guxi\Desktop\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
2c5485319cce646f3a2e5325b7d45d22.png

Given the build output I'm not sure if I should expect the compiled executable to work, but I ran it anyways because why not. Appearently zlib.dll is missing.
c9e8d8f6b38702865e083d092abf04e3.png

So I figured why not move a zlib.dll to the same directory where the executable is. Now zlib.dll is not missing anymore but there is another error now for which sadly I have no idea on how to deal with.

c436116bf34fcaadeb60a0887ad89892.png

What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that all you got in your error messages?
If not id like to see the start aswell, from my exprience VS normally puts the "real issue" either in the start of end of the error message.
But seems like you are missing some libs, correct path? Have you downloaded the correct ones etc?

Back