• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClientV8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kondra

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
OTCv8
Hey,

If you didn't know, OTClientV8 is now available for free to everyone. You can get it from OTCv8/otclientv8 (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)
I've been working on it since march 2019, spent almost 1000h and created an amazing client.
By now it has been used by over 6000 unique players, you can check some stats on: OTClientV8 users (http://************/clients.php)

Features:

• Rewritten and optimized rendering (60 fps on 11 years old computer)
  • Better DirectX9 and DirectX11 support
  • Adaptive rendering (automated graphics optimizations)
  • Rewritten light rendering
  • Rewritten path finding and auto walking
  • Rewritten walking system
  • HTTP lua API with JSON support
  • Auto updater
  • New filesystem
  • File encryption and compression
  • Automatic diagnostic system
  • Refreshed interface
  • New crash and error handler
  • New HTTP login protocol
  • Ingame shop and news
  • Updated hotkey manager
  • Updated and optimized battle list
  • Crosshair, floor fading, extra health/mana bars and panels
  • Removed a lot of useless and outdated things
  • Support for proxies to lower latency and protect against DDoS (extra paid option)
And hundreds of smaller features, optimizations and bug fixes!

And what's more important - it's fast. Really fast, faster than original cipsoft client. I was testing it on oldest computer I found, stuff from 2008 without gpu. It was able to keep 40 fps even when there's a lot of action around!

otc.jpg

Last edited:
I have ~= 250ms ping, here is my test with OTClientV8, walking by keyboard arrow:

Last edited:
Good job kondra. It's nice to see a big contribution like this from you.
Cheers!

WoW! Awesome work, thanks for that release.

The client source costs 5000$, is a fair price if you're planning to make your own game
Yes, it is fair. Btw. with his skill in those 1000h he could earn like 100k$ as employee.

Hey,

If you didn't know, OTClientV8 is now available for free to everyone. You can get it from OTCv8/otclientv8 (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)
I've been working on it since march 2019, spent almost 1000h and created an amazing client.
By now it has been used by over 6000 unique players, you can check some stats on: OTClientV8 users (http://************/clients.php)

Features:

• Rewritten and optimized rendering (60 fps on 11 years old computer)
  • Better DirectX9 and DirectX11 support
  • Adaptive rendering (automated graphics optimizations)
  • Rewritten light rendering
  • Rewritten path finding and auto walking
  • Rewritten walking system
  • HTTP lua API with JSON support
  • Auto updater
  • New filesystem
  • File encryption and compression
  • Automatic diagnostic system
  • Refreshed interface
  • New crash and error handler
  • New HTTP login protocol
  • Ingame shop and news
  • Updated hotkey manager
  • Updated and optimized battle list
  • Crosshair, floor fading, extra health/mana bars and panels
  • Removed a lot of useless and outdated things
  • Support for proxies to lower latency and protect against DDoS (extra paid option)
And hundreds of smaller features, optimizations and bug fixes!

And what's more important - it's fast. Really fast, faster than original cipsoft client. I was testing it on oldest computer I found, stuff from 2008 without gpu. It was able to keep 40 fps even when there's a lot of action around!

View attachment 39543

Nice. First i was thinking "How about OTClient license". But after few moments I found it's MIT, so You can sell it legally.

There is any possibility to push back upstream some of smaller changes after few months? I'm just curious.

Is this enginie compiled against Candybot? What about other functions like aiming runes manually on older protocols where there was a common bug with accuracy (most of shooted runes were not missing so there was no point to predict movements of opponent).

Is this enginie compiled against Candybot? What about other functions like aiming runes manually on older protocols where there was a common bug with accuracy (most of shooted runes were not missing so there was no point to predict movements of opponent).
It's not. There is game feature 98 (GameNoDebug) and 99 (GameBotProtection) which can help, but it's easy to bypass it so let's say there's no bot protection. Noone reported me problem with aiming, if you have such problem - report it, write what's wrong and how it should be and i'll fix it.

how to get the sources of this project because you need to compile some modifications

perfect. how use this client with uint16 magic & distance effect?
You can't without buying source code.

There should be disclaimer in the first post about stuff like this. The only thing you can edit are modules.

You can't without buying source code.

There should be disclaimer in the first post about stuff like this. The only thing you can edit are modules.
Please don't talk about something you don't know.

perfect. how use this client with uint16 magic & distance effect?
You need to enable feature GameMagicEffectU16, you can do it in modules/game_features/features.lua
after g_game.resetFeatures() just add
Code:
g_game.enableFeature(GameMagicEffectU16)

However uint16_t for distance effect is not currently supported, if you need it let me know, I will add it as GameDistanceEffectU16 in next update (will be within 24h)

Please don't talk about something you don't know.
No need to be rude. You didn't specify anywhere that this is possible, you should be mad at yourself and not me for not providing enough information.
Clearly sale isn't your best side.

It is nice contribution, nevertheless it is useless for most developers as there are no sources in it.

I don't know if 5000$ is worth it for sources, but it is very good (if not currently best) standalone OTClient for sure.
Hope someday we, as a OTLand community, could buy (donate?) some crucial parts for the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back