• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClientV8

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how do I use the client without having problems closing?

It's possible, evolunia.net is using it with the majority of players (around 70%) running this client even though regular tibia client is also offered. The client_stats module sends information to kondrah so that he can easier identify bugs and problems with the client, you can see what is being sent by looking at that file, that's the information people above was talking about. There also might be some hidden things in the source, we have no idea about that, but still I really doubt he would add something like that.

Dude, I dont want to be that guy to point this out but this Kondrah has been in working progress with Niebieski for a long time. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

@kondra Is there any way to disble the Sell All option on NPC's? Its is causing debug on my server (TFS 1.3 version 8.6) and causes rollback because server crashes before saving, no errors in console, it just crashes... Thanks in advance!

@kondra Is there any way to disble the Sell All option on NPC's? Its is causing debug on my server (TFS 1.3 version 8.6) and causes rollback because server crashes before saving, no errors in console, it just crashes... Thanks in advance!

That's rather a server side issue and you just told people how to crash your server.

Old versions of old client are closing because there was a bug with timestamp. I removed it in version 1.4. So get version 1.4 and it will work fine. Next time I recomment to follow discord otclientv8 channel. I only get informations from client_stats, also crash reports, but only if you set it in init.lua (it's set by default). If you have some bugs to fix of feature requests please open issue at OTCv8/otclientv8 (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)

archlightonline is one of otclientv8 users with access to source code, you can ask them if there's suspicious code inside, but spolier alert - there's not

I see you compiled and released the version for Linux, very good work, genius. Hey could you get the macOS version?

Version 1.5 has been released. It fixes few bugs, including 2 rare crash bugs.

Using the free version, do you send any data out to some external server?

Using the free version, do you send any data out to some external server?
If i remember correctly the client sends out crash/bug info to kondra

edit: Infact scroll up like 5 posts lol

Last edited:
Version 1.6 has been released. It has important bug fix for high memory usage, its highly recommended to update client. It also has bug fix for npc trade for version 8.60 and more advanced debugger for widgets

1577917562478.png

As much as I appreciate the work put into this the community can't really rely on projects that are closed source - it may help a lot today but the day kondra stops support it will be just another deadlock in the way like it has happened in the past with so many other tools/projects

I've just tried it on my server and the 3 things I miss the most are:
  • attacking with Space key (with chat mode disabled)
  • smart click
  • item/spell actionbar
(yes, I know there are mods for them somewhere in otland but it would be nice to have them by default)

but all in all it is a really cool client alternative and I will use it for sure if I ever open an OT

As much as I appreciate the work put into this the community can't really rely on projects that are closed source - it may help a lot today but the day kondra stops support it will be just another deadlock in the way like it has happened in the past with so many other tools/projects

Community uses tibia client without sources from years and somehow it works.

I've just tried it on my server and the 3 things I miss the most are:
  • attacking with Space key (with chat mode disabled)
  • smart click
  • item/spell actionbar
(yes, I know there are mods for them somewhere in otland but it would be nice to have them by default)

but all in all it is a really cool client alternative and I will use it for sure if I ever open an OT

Attacking with space is supported, check hotkeys, select custom acction attack creature

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back