• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient OTCV8 - MiniMap

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
how can i configure OTCV8, when people download, he download minimap ready configured?
i have minimap.otmm inside appdata/roaming/otcv8.
but i want if players download OTCV8, the minimap comes already installed, how can i do it?

As I've described here:
If you generate full minimap and place .otmm (OpenTibiaMiniMap) file in data folder, it will be read by OTC (data is read only) and never updated by OTC. So your minimap.otmm will be always loaded as official minimap and as it's part of data folder, it will be upgraded with client (data.zip of OTCv8).
Very very nice tutorial bro!! It help a lot!
One doubt, if put minimap.otmm inside data.zip, the updater will alltimes update this file, if people mark map, the mark will be lost all the time?
because in data.zip have one minimap.otmm that will be differente of the player minimap.otmm?
the best way, is make updater.lua download minimap.otmm only one time? its correct? its possible?

the updater will alltimes update this file, if people mark map, the mark will be lost all the time?
(first order) OTC map will be loaded from data\minimap.otmm (data.zip subfolder).
(second order, if not found in data.zip) or OTC 'known map' - seen by player - will be saved in ex. (JS is my personal folder) C:\Users\JS\AppData\Roaming\OTClientV8\Kasteria_v11\minimap.otmm.

After client restart, it will load again map from data\minimap.otmm (data.zip), ignoring local map - "local" ( C:\Users\JS\AppData\Roaming\OTClientV8\Kasteria_v11\) storage is obsolete.
If you decide to publish official map of OTS in data, it will overwrite any map seen by player.

So there are 2 ways:
  • publish full mini-map - everyone will know every place on map, they are all on mini-map
  • hide mini-map - all is secret, people will generate own minimap.otmm with places they know, but it's not shared among players

Back