• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient OTCV8 weird black tile in specific area

Lopaskurwa

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i noticed sometimes on very rare ocassions there is moments when you can find black areas in the map, i assume it happens maybe because someone got an item that doesnt exist? and dropped it on the ground and that specific area becomes corrupted, something like that, b ut thats just my speculation. What i noticed aswell this black area disappears if you relog multiple times, the current area im facing is a straight black line for like 12 squares and in that line it goes a part of house and an npc, its not npc issue because it never had issue with it, its probably situation where someone pulled a corrupted item from my action chest, but not sure how to solve so it wont happen again
This is the log you get
Code:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (39931 bytes, 38578 unread, last opcode is 0x4b (75), prev opcode is 0x42 (66)): invalid thing id (0)
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 860)
ERROR: could not get creature
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureSkulls@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: server said that a creature is known, but it's not
at:
    [C++]: ?getCreature@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VCreature@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@H@Z
at:
    [C++]: ?getCreature@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VCreature@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@H@Z
at:
at:
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:79 137 7, stackpos:2
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no creature found to move
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:80 137 7, stackpos:1
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no thing
at:
    [C++]: ?parseTileTransformThing@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:80 137 7, stackpos:1
at:
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:80 138 7, stackpos:2
at:
at:
at:
at:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (62436 bytes, 62136 unread, last opcode is 0x4b (75), prev opcode is 0x42 (66)): invalid thing id (0)
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 860)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (321 bytes, 170 unread, last opcode is 0x68 (104), prev opcode is 0x6d (109)): invalid thing id (0)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (593 bytes, 546 unread, last opcode is 0x67 (103), prev opcode is 0x6d (109)): invalid thing id (0)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (1064 bytes, 987 unread, last opcode is 0x65 (101), prev opcode is 0x6d (109)): invalid thing id (0)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (40694 bytes, 39317 unread, last opcode is 0x4b (75), prev opcode is 0x42 (66)): invalid thing id (0)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (453 bytes, 364 unread, last opcode is 0x68 (104), prev opcode is 0x6d (109)): invalid thing id (0)

This situation happened to me: when I entered the arena on the map, the screen went black. When I left the arena, the screen returned to normal. I approached and discovered it was an item that had no attributes or signals. I opened the item in the editor, reloaded all attributes for that item, and saved it. After restarting, the black screen issue was fixed. I approached again and everything was normal. So, it's necessary to reload that item. If you don't know which item it is, reload all items and save. Problem solved.

This situation happened to me: when I entered the arena on the map, the screen went black. When I left the arena, the screen returned to normal. I approached and discovered it was an item that had no attributes or signals. I opened the item in the editor, reloaded all attributes for that item, and saved it. After restarting, the black screen issue was fixed. I approached again and everything was normal. So, it's necessary to reload that item. If you don't know which item it is, reload all items and save. Problem solved.
I did still same. Edit i found who might be causing it ITEMID 61255 which is not visable and has values of 0 in items.otb, how can i remove it, if /r doesnt do the job?

Last edited:
Back