• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTFans.net coming back!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should stay offline.. What's the point in dividing the Open Tibia community?

They lost everything. As everybody said it would be bad to try again.

Yea i dont see the point in bringing it back up, now that almost all the people from otfans was redirected here, and it also depends if he can recover the database, if he cant then now way in hell that otfans will ever come back and be popular. I think we should all stick to one site, as some people said the Ot community is dying and recreating a 2nd board will just separate the OT community even further.

I see the "OtFans is shutting down" thing as a whole publicity stunt, it clearly caught peoples attention, and only a few days later "OtFans Rebirth!", does that not seem suspicious to anyone?

I'm super happy about this, there was lot of history and knowledge on some posts not found in otfans, plus the community wont get divided, the big names are known

I think it should just stay offline since its dead anyways.
Nothing useful comes out of otfans anymore.

My two cents, "Be careful it's a trap!" Why collect emails before resurrection? Enjoy your spam!
And don't go, "Ah, to build the database.", no formal announcements and just a "Resurrecting from the Ashes.". Smells like bullshit.

Needs Confirmation, or it's bullshit.

My failure to read entirely got me! Made an ass out of me! :p

Otfans owner plan was maybe to get more members, but it'll maybe go the other way.

I see the "OtFans is shutting down" thing as a whole publicity stunt, it clearly caught peoples attention, and only a few days later "OtFans Rebirth!", does that not seem suspicious to anyone?

I can guarantee you that it's no stunt. I was Global Moderator for the past 3 years, and I've still heard no news from Girzz personally that HE'S the one bringing it back.

That is just too big, even for them

I can guarantee you that it's no stunt. I was Global Moderator for the past 3 years, and I've still heard no news from Girzz personally that HE'S the one bringing it back.
He said he put that countdown there and that he's the only one with access to the server, when I asked him the other day. Who's taking over or if anyone is, he tried being secretive with, but you never know if he's trying to make it look like something or if there actually is something. I'm kinda certain it's STIX "taking over" though. He better have a hell of a plan and people behind him, if he has recognized the problem at hand that is... Could also be that otfans will stay online as an archive, that would be nice, there's a lot of history there.

I can see this being some kind of stunt from STIX, it really feels like it's something he could do, as he prepares stuff behind the scenes.

He said he put that countdown there and that he's the only one with access to the server, when I asked him the other day. Who's taking over or if anyone is, he tried being secretive with, but you never know if he's trying to make it look like something or if there actually is something. I'm kinda certain it's STIX "taking over" though. He better have a hell of a plan and people behind him, if he has recognized the problem at hand that is... Could also be that otfans will stay online as an archive, that would be nice, there's a lot of history there.

I can see this being some kind of stunt from STIX, it really feels like it's something he could do, as he prepares stuff behind the scenes.

It is indeed something STiX would do...

That is just too big, even for them

You weren't even a member of OTF... or at least not active or reading the forums / being there regularly.

I'm at least going to go back there, it's my second home.

If it's STiX, I'm 99.9% sure he has a plan, and he actually is VERY aware of the reasons why OTFans has died. The reason why OTF dried up, isn't for anything cosmetic or surface level, it's actually a very deep-seeded reason that, there's really only so much that one person can do to combat it.

There's nothing that can be done at this point to bring OTFans back. Open-Tibia is dying alone, It doesn't matter if OTFans gets an entire overhaul, new mods, new forum skin etc. Tibia is dying, and as much as some of us would like to ignore that, it's something that we're all aware of.

edit: oh crap, forgot I'm no prem guy anymore :<,..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back