• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTForum! 1.0 Beta

I advice you people to wait until we are done with the forum mod.

After contacting Chris (makr0mango) we arrived at a conclusion that this one is written very poor, also the code is a little mess.
The worst thing about this 'mod' are mysql_* functions being used, when there is already connection with the database (@Paxton: you can use $SQL->query()).

We will probably end it soon, 2-3 days.

I have a few comments ...
1. I do not understand why everywhere you give the password box to mysql
2. could be more detail mysql query, because you do not need to use php
3. also recently done the forum, but I did it in one file;] measured from the 980 lines and this has the appearance of features + 100% RL

I advice you people to wait until we are done with the forum mod.

After contacting Chris (makr0mango) we arrived at a conclusion that this one is written very poor, also the code is a little mess.
The worst thing about this 'mod' are mysql_* functions being used, when there is already connection with the database (@Paxton: you can use $SQL->query()).

We will probably end it soon, 2-3 days.

Thats great :)

I made huge mess with this code, I was going to rewrite it when I come back from holidays, but like u said u doing another one so what's the point.

Im waiting Emma Watson version, I think will be better than this, but anyway, Good Work Paxton!

Im waiting Emma Watson version, I think will be better than this, but anyway, Good Work Paxton!

Sorry that Im delaying that much, but thats mainly because of my work. Also, I didnt think that it will be so much time consuming ^^.

At the moment Im done with board listing, thread listing and creating new boards xP

Sorry that Im delaying that much, but thats mainly because of my work. Also, I didnt think that it will be so much time consuming ^^.

At the moment Im done with board listing, thread listing and creating new boards xP

Don't forget quote.

Relax, take your time :D
Im using this to ma ot :D

I get this error
PHP:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/forum/functions.php on line 120

I'm not using Xampp, but using default PHP5 and MySql 5.1;
Running on Ubuntu 9.04;

:~

I get this error
PHP:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/forum/functions.php on line 120

I'm not using Xampp, but using default PHP5 and MySql 5.1;
Running on Ubuntu 9.04;

:~

I've just figured out what's the problem... :p
I've intalled a new database, with new user and pass, different from my OTS database... to make it more secure... but i don't know how to make YOUR script reads another database, just like this structure:

OTS_SERVER/ accounts/password/players...
OTS_FORUMS/theards/forum/... :thumbup:

Is there any way to do this??
Maybe creating a link to $database2='OTS_SERVER' with, readonly configs...
I think it will be more secure and efficient as I do many backups a day (2 per day) and will be able to affect only the forums database instead the whole DBs :)

Thanks for the script!! REP+++++++++++

I'm sorry for spamming. I can't edit my post... //////////////// :O

The layout of the Gesior account menu when you change to the forums boards becomes bugged. From this:

To this:

And when you're looged as admin on forum you can't log out :p. I hope you see this and if you could, create a "Admin Log Out(logoff)" button.

One more time Thanks PAXON!!

It is sick, you can't have more than 8 posts in one thread?? they don't display, and change to coding system so it displays polish letters etc

Sry for double post.

Paxton:
I think there are 3 important things:

1. BBcode (text formating)
2. Edit Button (edit posts you have written)

3. Why you make a special admin funktion? Why dont you ask for page_access for admins? Like if i login with a page_access

acess:
0 means you can read and post (normal)
1 means you can read and post also delete post (community manager)
2 means you can read and post also delete/create posts and forums (admin)

Thx you!
Virgel

Small Bug...

if you create an topic or reply you get back to the last site and can view you topic or post. If you press "Reload" from Browser the same content will be added again.

Also a ban function would be nice! (table (forum_bans)) if your account number is on this table you cant enter the board (you are banished from forums).

add a subname to the tables in db like forum_boards is also a good idea ;)

Baba
Virgel

Any update? Is there similes?
yes there are smileys.

But still missed:
- bbcode
- banlist
- edit your post
- a real admin funktion
- dublicate posts by reload Button bug

Anyway its a good forum you can use if you dont need a allround forum.
If you work on layout it will be okay
here is mine
Xylan - Forum
(Game not finished yet!)