• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otland a forum for open tibia or for the forgotten server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I would like to open a discussion that can prevent similar errors from happening again.

Recently, one of the owners of open tibia br (github organization) was banned from otland. The justification? "be troll".
When Night Wolf is very polite and argumentative, but is never mocking and trolling.
It's an absurd. I see TFS members (and contributors) constantly making fun of our project. In all the posts that people open here, asking for help, Epuncker, Marco Pires, Nekiro, and others, just comment "otbr bug", and things like that. Never willing to help (and if it's not to help, you don't even need to comment, after all the reason for the post is to ask for help and not to troll and get away from the subject).

My question is: are we not welcome here? If we didn't go, delete our posts, including what's on the project. Ban us all and get it over with! Or stop this persecution and selectivism, the forum is big, old, and renowned, but this kind of attitude has spoiled with it, with more and more people distancing themselves, it won't be different with us. The rivalry mentality doesn't exist on our side, but it seems that this side is different...

Some topics:
TFS master protocol 12.x support [Development Thread] (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-master-protocol-12-x-support-development-thread.278458/#post-2676468) (comments deleted at our request)

There are many, many others, I just don't intend to look for them all to paste here, but it's something very common.

Last edited:
The user Night Wolf's latest warning that lead to a temporary ban, was given due to his inappropriate behavior and language. Not because of "be troll".
Calling someone retarded in a formal report isn't quite nice, and we'd like users to use kinder words in reports that we are obligated to read and moderate every day.
1652540778495.png

As goes for the part about liking or disliking projects, I can't say much about that. Other than it's not against the rules to voice your opinions about a project, positive or negative.

And of course you are welcome here.

1652541938256.png
I think that there is no reason to fight between community niches as the community itself is on a downward trend anyway.
Sorry to say that, but banning users for saying that someone is "retarded" is also a pretty strong statement from the Otland's mods/owners team that there is no hope in the community itself.

You don't understand bro tfs 1.x is f u t u r e s h i t made by the most brilliant minds on this planet and everything else is noob br pl second class unstable buggy legacy outdated pleb shit and literally noone uses it and never did. This is tfsland.org nigel so accept upstream TFS as your lord and savior or gtfo play with your ppbaiak ok

you guys are welcome here, but anyone that don't use canary/otservbr have a really hard time trying to help anyone in the support section, because we (we: people that frequently visits support board) have no idea how that engine works, I suggest adding a new tag "otservbr/canary" so we can just skip threads we don't understand.

people always asking about the same thing:
  • where to register X stuff because there is no xml?
  • plx convert X script to revscript because i have no xml
  • i don't have eventcallbacks plx can you convert?

and these threads just gets abandoned (because we have no knowledge) or you guys tell them to go to your discord 🤷‍♂️ (defeating the purpose of having a forum: archiving content)

Considering how awful some of the otbr support threads are I'm actually pleasantry surprised when I see this community still helping.
I think you're not being very fair and just fuelling the divide.

It's literally easy to understand why otbr looks like it's "not welcome". No one here knows anything about it and you otbr guys don't exactly sit here providing support do you? Then a huge portion of otbr threads never start with "I'm using otbr" they instead say TFS 1.3 or something and mislead the support board.

You say you don't have the rival mentality, but here you are trying to paint the picture of rivalry. You're no better.

Last edited:
you guys are welcome here, but anyone that don't use canary/otservbr have a really hard time trying to help anyone in the support section, because we (we: people that frequently visits support board) have no idea how that engine works, I suggest adding a new tag "otservbr/canary" so we can just skip threads we don't understand.

people always asking about the same thing:
  • where to register X stuff because there is no xml?
  • plx convert X script to revscript because i have no xml
  • i don't have eventcallbacks plx can you convert?

and these threads just gets abandoned (because we have no knowledge) or you guys tell them to go to your discord 🤷‍♂️ (defeating the purpose of having a forum: archiving content)
But can't you understand that we call users to our discord because here you keep talking these sh*t?
You say, every time, it's a crash, so it may be on otbr. It's a bug? probably otbr, just go to their discord. Of course we will take this conversation far from people like you.

Just understand, it's a different source, and that's it. If you stop to think on the macro community, it's better if people have choices, anyone can choose what fits to their projects. If I were an OTAdm, i would be glad if there were plenty of sources to choose, which one works better for me.

I agree that should have a tag for canary here. so we could know right away what we are talking about and you guys could just skip these posts instead of trashtalking about the project. I don't use TFS, but that's not a reason for me to go to every support post and trashtalk.

And about the github issues, when some player find some bug/enhancement that is really a part of the datapack/source thats missing, we prefer this to be recorded on github as an issue, so it can be solved as soon as possible. If you take a look, we are constantly updating our repos.

Anyway, let's try to grow our community, and not tear it apart.

You don't understand bro tfs 1.x is f u t u r e s h i t made by the most brilliant minds on this planet and everything else is noob br pl second class unstable buggy legacy outdated pleb shit and literally noone uses it and never did. This is tfsland.org nigel so accept upstream TFS as your lord and savior or gtfo play with your ppbaiak ok

Let's update a few xml files and launch a new major release!

Considering how awful some of the otbr support threads are I'm actually pleasentry surprised when I see this community still helping.
I think you're not being very fair and just fuelling the divide.

It's literally easy to understand why otbr looks like it's "not welcome". No one here knows anything about it and you otbr guys don't exactly sit here providing support do you? Then a huge portion of otbr threads never start with "I'm using otbr" they instead say TFS 1.3 or something and mislead the support board.

You say you don't have the rival mentality, but here you are trying to paint the picture of rivalry. You're no better.

Have you ever taken a look at the amount of responsibilities we have there? Look at our work, look at what we've done in the last four years! It's no small feat, and it's not easy to maintain it with less than ten steady people (who are always) helping. There are many things. It's not like we get paid for it. It's not easy having to read all the threads here to distinguish which is tfs's or ours. If this is hard enough for you, imagine for us! So I agree with what Epuncker said about creating our own area for our project, so we'll have a place to follow only what's "to our projects".

I prefer to think that moderation (again) won't accept the mistake it made and gave some excuse not to give the arm to twist. I don't want to believe they actually banned him for "insults".
This thread no longer serves a purpose but to incite rule violations and quarrel between two projects.
Both of your initial questions have been answered already; you are welcome here and the user Night Wolf got temporarily banned due to (explicitly) breaking the rules too often.

If you want to continue another discussion then please open another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back