• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand Facebook-group!

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Hiho mortals!

This is a request to the Gods of OTLand! I cannot(I could, but it's not my place to do it IMO) do this myself as I am no staff-member here:

OTLand.net Facebook-group.

Create it!

.. let anyone post on the wall(with some basic rules against spam, extreme/poor advertising etc etc) but require Links to an OTland post for any server-ads or bigger discussions. This is ofcourse to let posts/discussions on OTLand reach all facebook-users(all tibia-players, basically) aswell as drawing them back to OTLand.net...

If backed by OTLand community such a page/group would get MASSIVE traffic in just a few days.

Come on Gods, Semi-gods and Godmen of OTLand.... get that thumb out of your ass and get it done!

PS: Don't even think about hi-jacking this idea if you're not OTLand-staff, Mark or a member from here that inside this thread gets asked by multiple well-known members to do it! Zathroth will eat your soul.

Also, I made a quick calculation on how OTLand traffic and activity would improve the first 10 days..

cellphonegraph.gif

Edit:

LET'S DO THIS!!

Edit2:

Just imagine how this can/will spread.. we(the european(non polish) and american players/part of OT-community) really need a boost in activity and members! BR and PL OT-forums/communitys are thriving and growing, while "we" really are not.. the english-speaking OT-fans need this or we will never recover..

Last edited:
Hiho mortals!

This is a request to the Gods of OTLand! I cannot(I could, but it's not my place to do it IMO) do this myself as I am no staff-member here:

OTLand.net Facebook-group.

Create it!

.. let anyone post on the wall(with some basic rules against spam, extreme/poor advertising etc etc) but require Links to an OTland post for any server-ads or bigger discussions. This is ofcourse to let posts/discussions on OTLand reach all facebook-users(all tibia-players, basically) aswell as drawing them back to OTLand.net...

If backed by OTLand community such a page/group would get MASSIVE traffic in just a few days.

Come on Gods, Semi-gods and Godmen of OTLand.... get that thumb out of your ass and get it done!

PS: Don't even think about hi-jacking this idea if you're not OTLand-staff, Mark or a member from here that inside this thread gets asked by multiple well-known members to do it! Zathroth will eat your soul.

Also, I made a quick calculation on how OTLand traffic and activity would improve the first 10 days..

cellphonegraph.gif

Edit:

LET'S DO THIS!!

Edit2:

Just imagine how this can/will spread.. we(the european(non polish) and american players/part of OT-community) really need a boost in activity and members! BR and PL OT-forums/communitys are thriving and growing, while "we" really are not.. the english-speaking OT-fans need this or we will never recover..
I don't get why we need this when we have OTLand forums. I don't use facebook alot I use otland forums way more.

I don't get why we need this when we have OTLand forums. I don't use facebook alot I use otland forums way more.
seems that is to call new people to our forum, increase the comunication :eek::D

So that all Tibia-players that are not OTLand members or not active-members can join the "club" with 1 click on a site they visit several times a day? ;)

Then, as said, we can use the group to promote our server-threads/discussions for bigger exposure to players/non-community-actives.. and automatically at same time draw more traffic to OTLand.

seems that is to call new people to our forum, increase the comunication :eek::D

Exactly. To boost the communication and establish a presence on Facebook.. all BR and PL forums/communities are using FB 1000x more than "we"(english-speakers) are..

I don't second this. Why would you want a facebook group? I prefer Discord/OtLand over facebook.

I can almost guarantee that there will not be an increase of members.

So use discord and OTLand but join the FB-group and share it with your friends? As said it's to boost the communication and activity of the community. Members of OTLand will increase, definately, but more importantly everything that's being said her eon OTLand that's of value to the OT-community can be promoted on the FB-group. And if its a big thread, for example, the FB-post would contain a short explanation or just the first lines of the post and then have a link to the actual post here on OTLand..

This together with some more "chit-chat", general networking and open discussions, from serious stuff to just having a "General Forum for anything-goes" will boooooost our community like crazy!

I've been a very active forum-members on at least 10 different forums.. some forums are insanely huge without having any foundation at all(one site sell Protein-powder, for example, and have tens of thousands of weekly users/readers).. this does ofcourse by the end of the day mean that their site/community gets a ton more traffic than if they'd have only a webshop.

And as said the FB-group is not intended to take any activity/discussions/users away from the forum/discord, and it wont.. it will just make it a lot easier for people to find us and our discussions.

Last edited:
So use discord and OTLand but join the FB-group and share it with your friends? As said it's to boost the communication and activity of the community. Members of OTLand will increase, definately, but more importantly everything that's being said her eon OTLand that's of value to the OT-community can be promoted on the FB-group(and if its a big thread, for example, the FB-post would contain a short explanation or just the first lines of the post and then have a link to the actual post here on OTLand..)

Why would I want to share it on Facebook? Like seriously.
It will most certainly not increase. It will stay around the same.

Not share it on your wall, but share/send it to your Tibia-playing-friends.. is what I meant (or even said? IDK, maybe my bad ;) )

And I think 70% of OTLand members want to keep their private facebook friends and OTLand members seperate. So will be useless afaik. I can't imagine having a OTLand facebook group with 40k+ members with friend requests everyday.

Ya but we won't be linking our Facebook-profile to our OTLand-account ;) As said i didnt mean to "post/share it on your wall".. just invite the friends you have on fb that plays Tibia to the group so that they will have an easier time to take the step and come to OTLand, register an anonymous/player-account and start posting..

Ya but we won't be linking our Facebook-profile to our OTLand-account ;) As said i didnt mean to "post/share it on your wall".. just invite the friends you have on fb that plays Tibia to the group so that they will have an easier time to take the step and come to OTLand, register an anonymous/player-account and start posting..
You don't get what I mean. If you are in a group. People can see you are in a group + If someone sends a friend request you will feel forced to acecpt it and then they can see your friends that you have irl. Which I wouldn't like as I said so fucking useless idea. Sorry for my language but it just fact.

You don't get what I mean. If you are in a group. People can see you are in a group + If someone sends a friend request you will feel forced to acecpt it and then they can see your friends that you have irl. Which I wouldn't like as I said so fucking useless idea. Sorry for my language but it just fact.
Exactly. I don't want Tarek sending me a friend request.

And by going with your logic @Sinth we can just send them the otland link instead. Would be much less hassle.

Ah, yeah, sure that's true. But, grow the fk up and just leave the friend-requests pending?? :p Who cares if people can see if you're in a group? Will the english-speakign/european OT-scene go under because BRs and PLs dont care while we have some sort of social-image we must uphold? :D

Exactly. I don't want Tarek sending me a friend request.

And by going with your logic @Sinth we can just send them the otland link instead. Would be much less hassle.

Well, no. Because then you'd have to send links to them constantly. It's not to tell people "there is something called OTLand, it's a forum" but it's meant to be a bridge for them(the inactives, the tibia-players that are not active in community and on these forums). A lot of them(players) dont even visit OTLand as said but get all their "news"/info from a friend that does.. so the point is a bit to cut out that middle-man and connect all players directly to the community.

grow the fk up and just leave the friend-requests pending??
what, what does it have to do with my age? I'm 16 and I have 150 pending friend requests from faggot people who spam me. I can't imagine more people spamming me with friend requests.

Alright, I get that ofcourse but.. would people actually be-friend others without basis just because they're in the same group? Some will, ofcourse, but.. I'm member of many groups and have never experienced that(that I know of, but I accept most requests and use my FB as if it was 100% public.. but only a handful of people i dont know have requested so, yeah, a handful at most.. and im member of groups with total members exceding 100,000 maybe lots more)

edit:

The alternative is ofcourse to not use "Group".. could be a simple Page instead(if its possible to allow others to post on its wall?).. might be other options aswell.

Alright, I get that ofcourse but.. would people actually be-friend others without basis just because they're in the same group? Some will, ofcourse, but.. I'm member of many groups and have never experienced that(that I know of, but I accept most requests and use my FB as if it was 100% public.. but only a handful of people i dont know have requested so, yeah, a handful at most.. and im member of groups with total members exceding 100,000 maybe lots more)
I'm a member of a total 15 groups. 2 big with 140k each. 7 gaming groups with 40-50k members in each. And 6 hardware group with 10-20k members each and I get like 10-15 requests a day. =) And 25 PM requests.

I don't know why you are pushing this?

Why not do it yourself?
Then we can decide for ourselves what we want to do.

This together with some more "chit-chat", general networking and open discussions, from serious stuff to just having a "General Forum for anything-goes" will boooooost our community like crazy!
No it will not.

Why not do it yourself?
This, like @Yamaken did first. He made OTLand Discord and after some days people joined and liked the idea. =)

I'm a member of a total 15 groups. 2 big with 140k each. 7 gaming groups with 40-50k members in each. And 6 hardware group with 10-20k members each and I get like 10-15 requests a day. =) And 25 PM requests.

Whaat? That's insane haha. Do you hold any major roles in these groups or why does this happen? ANYWAYS, mate, then what the hell would it matter if you get 1 more/day from Tibia-players? ;)

Why not do it yourself?

You can still decide for yourself what you want to do.. :D

I love how anti-authoritarians go bananas as soon as someone comes up with an idea and says "Hey.. "we" should do this" :D

This, like @Yamaken did first. He made OTLand Discord and after some days people joined and liked the idea. =)

Yeah but.. haha, come on, get the point already! :D

99% of Tibia-players have Facebook. How many have Discord? 1%?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still decide for yourself what you want to do.. :D

I love how anti-authoritarians go bananas as soon as someone comes up with an idea and says "Hey.. "we" should do this" :D
I haven't said anything to suggest I am going bananas over your idea. I'm just saying most people don't like to be in a group/page that other members can recognize them. I like my privacy from the community and will not change it either.

A lot of Tibia players do have Facebook, but it is way better to use Discord because then we don't share personal information.

Oh, and I want to see how you calculated the graph.

I haven't said anything to suggest I am going bananas over your idea. I'm just saying most people don't like to be in a group/page that other members can recognize them. I like my privacy from the community and will not change it either.

A lot of Tibia players do have Facebook, but it is way better to use Discord because then we don't share personal information.
Like Zatjin says.

My facebook includes: My email, My irl pictures, My family members, My real name, Where I live and I don't want to share that with OTLand. sorry.

Whaat? That's insane haha. Do you hold any major roles in these groups or why does this happen?

I'm a guy who helps and talks with alot of people in the groups and some of them I'm a moderator in.

Back