• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand Facebook-group!

Then we can decide for ourselves what we want to do.

That's a bit "going bananas" reaction if you ask me ;) Nobody is telling you to do anything, nor "commanding" you to do anything.

I get the anonymity thing but, either way, you're already an active member of this forum and community.. so, this "project" is not even for you ;)

The younger people/players i'm sure care a lot less about separating their "gaming/forum identity" and their player-identity. In their world Dreamhack is the Olympics while for us thats a bit older/or perhaps just hang out with more people that dont "game" saying you went to Dreamheack is perhaps not something you'd even want to tell people/share on FB for example.

The graph was calculated using.. ... are you serious? :D

But there won't be any need, or even possibility, to link your fb-acc to your OTLand-acc.. either way I think you're all thinking about this wrong. Ofcourse its an unnecessary security-risk(if you're a developer/hoster) to share your personal info but this is primarily meant for players. And players that are not already active here. As said also target-crowd would most likely be younger players that use their fb-acc for all kinds of gaming etc(like the BRs and PLs already do).

But there won't be any need, or even possibility, to link your fb-acc to your OTLand-acc.. either way I think you're all thinking about this wrong. Ofcourse its an unnecessary security-risk(if you're a developer/hoster) to share your personal info but this is primarily meant for players. And players that are not already active here. As said also target-crowd would most likely be younger players that use their fb-acc for all kinds of gaming etc(like the BRs and PLs already do).
Why do you want to target young players? Easier to draw to your server?
But saying that we can decide for ourselves what we want is going bananas? Holy shit, making my decisions are bananas, crazy, un-heard of. Give me a break.

Also, I made a quick calculation on how OTLand traffic and activity would improve the first 10 days..

cellphonegraph.gif
c67d47c45aaf2d7ff714e67a10854937.png

Why do you want to target young players? Easier to draw to your server?

I've explained why I think younger players use facebook for gaming, and that they do is.. something you disagree with? Why do you try to imply I "want to target young players"?

That you can decide to join this eventual FB-group, like some FB page, or even post in this thread - goes without saying.

But saying that we can decide for ourselves what we want is going bananas? Holy shit, making my decisions are bananas, crazy, un-heard of. Give me a break.

No. But again, you're going bananas. Why do you feel that your participation is not your decision? Posting in this thread is also your decision. Joining a FB-group or not would also be your decision. Where did I even imply that anyone would be forced to do anything without it being their own decision? :D Haha.. take a break bro!

edit: LOL @LordVissie :D

I've explained why I think younger players use facebook for gaming, and that they do is.. something you disagree with? Why do you try to imply I "want to target young players"?

That you can decide to join this eventual FB-group, like some FB page, or even post in this thread - goes without saying.

No. But again, you're going bananas. Why do you feel that your participation is not your decision? Posting in this thread is also your decision. Joining a FB-group or not would also be your decision. Where did I even imply that anyone would be forced to do anything without it being their own decision? :D Haha.. take a break bro!

edit: LOL @LordVissie :D
You posted this in the discussion board, So we are discussing u know.

BR and PL OT-forums/communitys are thriving and growing, while "we" really are not.. the english-speaking OT-fans need this or we will never recover..
Polish community and especially forums are not thriving. They are either already dead or they are in quasi-catatonic state, waiting for Polish parliament to pass euthanasia bill so someone could ease their pain…
And yes, You’ll never recover. Without taking OTClient and upgrading it into more modern standards of gaming, this site will be dead within years. Old users are growing out of games, especially older games like Tibia, and new people will not even touch it. There is any sociological solutions to that problem. Any social media, any advertising campaign, nothing. You must take OTC, distance yourself from backward Tibia and appeal to people who are used to more modern standards. That’s it.
Face it, the era of forum-driven OT communities is OVER. Even more… Tibia is dying, thus OT is dying.
More about that “polish community”:
Most of the intelligent Polish players left the community long time ago. Most polish forums died out between 2008 and 2011. The people who left there were horny and stupid kids/teenagers who couldn’t “sustain” any reasonable conversation. They only knew how to post yet another portion of uninteresting pics from repetitive hunts that wasn’t generating traffic anymore or how to insult each other when there was slightly sign of disagreement between them. Basically that “community” became toxic.
Most Poles who play OT are either completely uninterested in contributing or being part of any community or are just retarded kids who’s balls didn’t drop yet and talking to them is complete waste of time.

seems that is to call new people to our forum, increase the comunication :eek::D
Yeah :D Good luck with focusing attention of possible new players when they just finished Witcher 3 few months ago, played a lot of Guild Wars 2 or Elder Scrolls Online, etc. xD

all BR and PL forums/communities are using FB 1000x more than "we"(english-speakers) are..
Like I said before, I sincerely doubt that there is any big polish OT community on FB. I was forced to use that goddamn awful FB for five years and I never found any OT community.

Exactly as Tarek pointed sharing personal info with some of people here is not a good idea.
Why not? It’s not like they can take loan in your name, right? I really dislike facebook for being bastion of political correctness bullshit and other left-winged myths, but I think that name/surname/picture instead of catchy nickname and avatar makes people behave slightly more mature and “responsible”.
For example OP would not run around the forum and talks about being university educated cartographer or something like this, when someone pointed out that his maps suck, because someone could always show to his RL friends his brave internet alterego and make fool out of him… xD

My rl-alteregos are all equal or greater than my internet alter-ego, don't worry :D

Thanks for a good post otherwise! :)

Also, I made a quick calculation on how OTLand traffic and activity would improve the first 10 days..

cellphonegraph.gif
Mind me asking what figures you used to get these projections? Or was this just a graph made to spur excitement?

On Topic: I dont know if another form of thinning out the community is neccesary. Everyone can access otland just as easy as facebook. Additionally we have 3 discord groups as well. I dont know if its needed.

Like Zatjin says.

My facebook includes: My email, My irl pictures, My family members, My real name, Where I live and I don't want to share that with OTLand. sorry.

I'm a guy who helps and talks with alot of people in the groups and some of them I'm a moderator in.
Uh... we all know he's the police. Not only here but everywhere... everyone must watchout for the tarek police..

The main group of people who do not use the otland forums are players. There is not a lot here for them.
While I think Sinth's initial thoughts are well placed, I don't believe a facebook group will be effective. Not because of peoples privacy concerns either, rather because there is not a lot of content for players - devs are already here.

I think thought and effort could be better directed to providing content that the players can engage with. By engaging the players, you will increase the active member base.

The main group of people who do not use the otland forums are players. There is not a lot here for them.
While I think Sinth's initial thoughts are well placed, I don't believe a facebook group will be effective. Not because of peoples privacy concerns either, rather because there is not a lot of content for players - devs are already here.

I think thought and effort could be better directed to providing content that the players can engage with. By engaging the players, you will increase the active member base.

Very well put. The majority of people here are more interested in the developement end of OTS and less the playing of OTS. Atleast from what I gather. Of course there are exceptions.

OTLands active members don't want more activity and life on the forums?

It's really simple:

Mark Samman don't really have time/energy to care, because he's been here since dawn of Tibia. It's up to the active members to either let this forum die or get reborn..

Back