• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand, is everything accepted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I'm just curious, do you really see no problem with people posting 4chan images and shit everywhere? I saw Collz got infracted for spamming or something, now he's banned. So, his kind of spam is disallowed because it wasn't severe enough or what? I see far worse things being posted by for example Cykotitan and 4chan Co. I still don't see his name stricken though. Why is that?

I have no idea how OTLand's staff work but everything seems very weird to me. Don't you guys got some guidelines or something to follow?
Right now it seems like moderators can do what the hell they feel like. Threating members differently etc. without any problems.

And now people don't come with something like "report the spam" because that is retarded argument or whatever it now is. Most of the staff should be a little aware of what is posted on the forums such as the 4chan spam. I don't get how anyone could be missing it.

Can you guys people be a bit stricter and threat every member the same? at least on the spamming front.

And your flaming, which isn't allowed, is against the rules also.

@collz

I don't really think that "Another project whos gonna fail" is a well-stated opinion, but it sure was critism/prejudice.

On-Topic:

I do agree that OTland staff members make exceptions for certain people, i.e. exceptions for Cykotitan.

What the fuck? Why is everyone in this thread trying to get me banned?

I'm not intending for you to get banned, but I'm making a point about OTland staff members making exception with infractions on some people.

And you we're kind of the quickest example I could come up with that gets away with all/some off-topic posts.

Not meant as a hate or something against you Cykotitan.

I'm just curious, do you really see no problem with people posting 4chan images and shit everywhere? I saw Collz got infracted for spamming or something, now he's banned. So, his kind of spam is disallowed because it wasn't severe enough or what? I see far worse things being posted by for example Cykotitan and 4chan Co. I still don't see his name stricken though. Why is that?

I have no idea how OTLand's staff work but everything seems very weird to me. Don't you guys got some guidelines or something to follow?
Right now it seems like moderators can do what the hell they feel like. Threating members differently etc. without any problems.

And now people don't come with something like "report the spam" because that is retarded argument or whatever it now is. Most of the staff should be a little aware of what is posted on the forums such as the 4chan spam. I don't get how anyone could be missing it.

Can you guys people be a bit stricter and threat every member the same? at least on the spamming front.

It depends on the message and the content in the picture - we don't delete posts with pictures because they have a specific layout that you connect with 4chan. There are different situation with users, some have a lot of warnings, some have been warned recently, etc. In Collz situation he was recently warned and ignored the warning by posting something that was completely unnecessary and failed to contribute anything good to the topic but hate. It was just a negative comment if I recall correctly. The users that post images can be warned too if the content of the image is bad just like any other user who posts with text.

There are not really any written guidelines to follow, it wouldn't change the fact that everyone is different and that you can't expect everyone to be treaten the same becuase different members have contributed a different amount of support and resources to the forum, while different members have a history of warnings. If you believe a staff member has taken an unfair action against you, you can just contact me or Kornholijo and we will look into it.

It is not a retarded argument to say that you should report the spam, this is what helps us to locate the spam faster. Of course we do browse the forum too, but it should be pretty obvious that we can't browse as much content as our members can at the same time. I don't know what you relate to 4chan spam, but if it is content that you believe is irrelevant to a topic you should report it if you want a staff member to be notified about it.

Although we try to be as fair as possible, we can't treat every member the same, it's wrong. Every member has not contributed as much as every other member, some members have a history of warnings. Some members can deserve a instant banishment. Some members want to stay at OtLand and didn't mean to do anything bad, or actually regret what they did, unlike others who don't care at all or return with a new user and spam the forum and insult the staff member although the staff member just did his/her duty.

I'm not intending for you to get banned, but I'm making a point about OTland staff members making exception with infractions on some people.

And you we're kind of the quickest example I could come up with that gets away with all/some off-topic posts.

Not meant as a hate or something against you Cykotitan.

Even if you hated or not hated Cykotitan you should not point on him or anyone as an example, so Honestly you better to come up with something else instead of naming names just to create an arguement.

Not everyone here Has a Clean Record, and yes there are some strict Moderators, just that they doens't show it to us.

Its all in a matter of strategy, but that doens't mean that if you fell once from it
and they gave you an infraction/ban its because you knew what you did, no one type
without thinking of it first.

I think it's more than clear with Tala's reply
should this thread be closed to avoid further flaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back