• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand.net Co-hosting a full server(+client) datapack TORRENT

RIPSoft

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞∞
Reaction score
What about Co-hosting an 8.6 datapack for spread outside of OT/Tibia-community? Upload on torrent-sites like the Piratebay under name "Open-Source MMORPGMaker" and post on other forums, chats, game-chats etc?

An OTLand - community project.

To spread our open-source MMORPG games and tools outside of OT/Tibia-community?

To what extent do we need to agree on distros and tools?

Put all in 1 and same torrent ofcourse, since torrents go so fast to download anyway we can use lots of storage in the file?

What client-versions?

7.2-7.7-8,6-10-11?

Scrap 11 and 7.7? Put in TibiaLoader?

Server versions?

TFS 036 certainly for 8.6. Others i know nothing about, someone has thoughts about servers for 7.2/7.7 or 10+?

Other thoughts or questions?

So, what about it OTLand and OTLanders? Could be an easy thing to get done with new updates once or a few times a year.. what else are we or can we do to grow outside Tibia-community??

Files are so small, why not both and all versions in same file? Put in a 100MB version of TibiaWiki or something similar along with 100MB of OTLand threads(text only, for scripting and support etc) aswell and there's a good database of information in it..

edit:

Btw, just think of PirateBay as an example.. and how OTServlist servers work. It's the same thing. High player-number/High Nr of Seeders and you go to the top-ranked list and get more hits. If we can have 50 Seeders on a file(shouldn't be impossible) we would come top hit on for example piratebay with a search on "Open-source"(If file-name is Open-Source MMORPGmaker).

What client-versions?
If it's MMORPG Maker, why does it need Tibia version?
+
TFS 036 certainly for 8.6. Others i know nothing about, someone has thoughts about servers for 7.2/7.7 or 10+?
Why promoting outdated distro?
=
Just use newest copatible version on newest engine.

To allow new people to join the community.
Sadly, I think TFS may be not so attractive to most people in the era of other game engines like that.

I think TFS could be attractive to all the RPG makers users since RPG maker does not allow multiplayer online

If it's MMORPG Maker, why does it need Tibia version?
+

Why promoting outdated distro?
=
Just use newest copatible version on newest engine.

Sadly, I think TFS may be not so attractive to most people in the era of other game engines like that.

What? Promoting? Just using what users use. Outdated? We simply take the most popular versions(take 2-4 most popular versions at otservlist).. btw, All of OT is outdated? It is Open-Tibia, not Tibia-Copy.. but we still need game-clients that are named like for example 7.2,7.72, 8.6 etc right? I mean, we need the files.. yes? Yes. So, unless you want to re-make the files we are using and re-name then and create a new thread about that.. let's carry on

I think TFS could be attractive to all the RPG makers users since RPG maker does not allow multiplayer online

Yeap and here it is so easy but to public so un-available

Last edited:
0.3.6/0.4 is really a shit engine. Its bloated, really diffcult to compile and the old code is kinda bad to work with. There is also fault/bad code there because tfs 1.x can run way more players than 0.3.6/0.4.

Outdated?
Yes.

It is Open-Tibia, not Tibia-Copy.. but we still need game-clients that are named like for example 7.2,7.72, 8.6 etc right? I mean, we need the files.. yes? Yes. So, unless you want to re-make the files we are using and re-name then and create a new thread about that.. let's carry on

Seems like you don't know what you're talking about.
Feels like it's some of your personal crusade rather than concern about TFS popularity.
What files we're using and i want to remake you have in mind?

Yes, I care 0 about "TFS popularity".. you want all to use 1 and same server-version you can go create a thread about your crusade for that. It is an interesting and very important subject, and I agree and respect your opinion on the matter.. but we cannot use this thread for arguing and agreeing on all details of what files to put in. A running server-version anyway is just what 10-20mb with a small map?

I'm thinking if you want to sell/advertise your server/files/map into this datapack you simply make it easy to read, understand and continue work on.. if that's what you want. This would ofcourse go into ALL matters such as:

TFS-version(Maybe all will use what version you are claiming is best @2Rec not arguing against you)
Map(s)
Mods
What is and should be this and that standard on monsters, items, vocs, etc?
Etc
Etc
Scripts
Client-mods(Custom clients)
Downloaded and compiled Websites(like 100mb of OTLand support-forums, for example.. good start I think?)
etc

We should probably do like this:

If you have an "engine" with compatible game-client and a map with working quests or PvP - Compile it into a .rar and upload and i'll put all together in 1 file and upload on everywhere. Perhaps put 100$ or so into it to advertise on social media and also everywhere, etc.

Edit: Why not together crowdfund this projects advertisement on social media and have an OTLand-thread as referense/Main-link on torrent-sites, forums etc.

Also taking more ideas, suggestions and opinions on everything.

Last edited:
Back