• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] April sign up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Max participants

How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who the competition is might inspire participants to make better pieces.

Why should I enter?
To have fun of course, challenge yourself against other mappers here on OtLand. There is also a chance to win a premium subscription on OtLand.

How can I win a premium status?
Win an Official OtLand Mapping Competition, I will keep a record of winners here
When you win an Official OtLand Mapping Competition, I will get in contact with Talaturen and let him know you have
won a competition.
Note: 1 win is worth 1 month of Premium status

Rules
(Can be changed at any time)
There is no story texts
There is no in-game texts
This month, we allow the participants to send 2-3 picture(s). 1-2 of which must be of an animal enclosure.
The picture must be new and not already shown elsewhere
No custom sprites
Do not discuss your piece with any other participant/member
The submitted piece must correspond with the set theme
Team mapping is not allowed
If you decide to submit an in-game picture, character names must be turned off. (Ctrl + N), If you sign up and don't send your contest map, then you will be banned from the following months competition!
If you notify the contest holder before the submission date you will be acquitted (not be banned) for the next contest.
http://otland.net/f379/oomc-rules-faq-winners-suspensions-154904/

PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK TO Peroxide BY 15 April 2013 VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE

Please use the template below for your Private Message title
Code:
Official OtLand Mapping Competition (v1->3) - Forum Name
V1->3 Indicates that you may only submit up to 3 times.
  • 1 - Original submission
  • 2 - Re-submit
  • 3 - Final submit, no changes allowed after this
This month's theme, "Zoo"! (not really any good image of a zoo, just maps of the area.)
When submitting your Zoo you must give your Zoo a name!
London-zoo-map-2011.jpg

249295_384CY8jV5Ykf5FjntdSB3J9D5.jpg

Zoologico.jpeg

Good luck and have fun

Last edited:
Updated main post:

When submitting your zoo you must give your zoo a name!

@Gamers; one more time and it'll be a ban.

My zoo shall be called "Jimmi savilles children's playpen"
Ahem I mean le zoo

That last picture is a entrance to a zoo.

Scarlet suggested me to add the picture Znooc. I figure the maps tell more of what's needed or gives ideas to the mapper about what possibilities they can include
:)

So basically we can map an entrance, and then say it was a zoo behind it?

We should get 2 pics at least. 1 is hard for setting an atmosphere for a zoo xD they ain't small enclosures

We should get 2 pics at least. 1 is hard for setting an atmosphere for a zoo xD they ain't small enclosures
Completely forgot to update that area of the post. Cheers, 2-3 pictures are the requirement.

Map it how you want but the community is more likely to vote a proper zoo than just one gate saying zoo.

At which point did I say just map an entrance? You're required to submit 2-3 pictures, 1 of which can be an entrance if that's what you desire.

He was being pedantic over that picture.. It's good inspiration but meh that's neon for you ;)

Updated the 2-3 Picture rule, 1-2 pictures of your submission must be of an animal enclosure!

I can see eiserne dominating this. Or illusion if he joined.
Would be nice to see why dark lord creates ;) I need to be creative here xD

At which point did I say just map an entrance? You're required to submit 2-3 pictures, 1 of which can be an entrance if that's what you desire.

Just sayin an entrance to a zoo ain't inspiration for a Zoo.

And Ghostx what do you mean "That's Neon for you?"

But it gives an idea of structure/style with the combination if that pic and the layout pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back