Mapping Board Moderator
- Nov 2, 2011
- Best answers
- Reaction score
- United Kingdom
Welcome back to another Official Mapping Competition.
Really impressed with the participation on the last competition as well as some of the entries!
As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month!
Well done to @Kuzyn for being crowned the winner of the last competition! Again, @Blackstone is fighting to take the win! If he does, he will be leading the new league system going into the final few competitions before the season ends or will @Andréew claim back the title?
At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs
How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified. We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.
The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline of the 15th December.
|Sign Up Deadline Date||Sunday 15th December|
|Submission Deadline Date||23:59 BST on 15th December|
|Images / Submissions Allowed||1|
Much like the limitation of the last competition, as this theme is more about the creativity and environment the mapper creates, the requirements are for it to be an image from the map editor. In order to ensure your quality remains good, please ensure your screenshot is taken at 100% zoom. You can do this by using ctrl+0 or View>Zoom Normal.
For the purposes of this competition - the max size is 34 x 20 squares (whatever orientation you wish; whether horizontal or vertical) - please see below for a guideline frame size that you can use: PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE
Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - December Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the December deadline.
- No captions
- No in-game text
- NO GIFS or otherwise animated images
- All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
- No colluding or team mapping allowed
- In-Game images are now allowed but the size is restricted to the default client size. With an RME image, you can show the larger area as indicated above.
- No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
- Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
- If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
- You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.
For this competition, only 1 image will be accepted. No effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.
In-Game images are now allowed but restricted to the default client size. Please ensure to use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in game image and remove names and health bar.
This month's Theme is: a Festive Christmas Town or Village